Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2014, 06:02 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times

Advertisements

the communists will use every opportunity to get hate and division across America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2014, 06:04 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I lived in NY and NJ. The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade is a once in a lifetime event.

Very different vibe on NYE. I worked with people who did Times Square every year. Something about how the crowd constantly shifts, ebbs and flows and the crowd moves you. There are no toilet facilities. A million people.

I was never young enough to enjoy something like this.
Most people say after attending Times Square for the New years... NEVER AGAIN..

Old 12-31-2014, 06:24 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,594,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Most people say after attending Times Square for the New years... NEVER AGAIN..
I've been in the city on New Years eve but never went near time square. I know a few people who did it once and said never again. I'm content watching on TV.

Old 01-01-2015, 12:56 AM

3,727 posts, read 7,035,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
How about being a police officer on duty on the Las Vegas strip on NYE? Picture density not dissimilar to Times Square, but two miles long...

The police here are "asking" people to not bring backpacks and such. Best of luck with that. I haven't been to the strip on NYE since I stopped playing poker. We used to go down there to fleece the tourists that were very drunk and less interested in the game than they were in keeping an eye on the time.

Sometimes I miss those nights.
Backpacks haven't been allowed since 9/11.

Old 01-01-2015, 02:05 AM

148 posts, read 149,409 times
Umm...guys? Did anyone bother to check if the OP's opening remarks were actually accurate or not? Or are we just saying our opinions on the Times Square NYE celebration just for the fun of it?

Because if so, I've got some opinions about hairplugs and Ryan Seacrest that I think are pretty relevant here.

Old 01-01-2015, 07:05 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Dempsey's Left Foot View Post
Umm...guys? Did anyone bother to check if the OP's opening remarks were actually accurate or not? Or are we just saying our opinions on the Times Square NYE celebration just for the fun of it?

Because if so, I've got some opinions about hairplugs and Ryan Seacrest that I think are pretty relevant here.
It would seem that the OP was a tad overstated.

"About 100 people protesting excessive police force assembled just south of Times Square several hours before midnight and weaved up city sidewalks toward the packed New Year's festivities."

NYC rings in new year with heightened security in Times Square | Reuters

Old 01-01-2015, 07:40 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Maybe the ball will fall on their heads. Just what we need are a bunch of people being trampled.
Doesn't cheap Chinese made junk at Walmart on the Friday after Thanksgiving fill that need?

Old 01-01-2015, 09:40 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
It would seem that the OP was a tad overstated.

"About 100 people protesting excessive police force assembled just south of Times Square several hours before midnight and weaved up city sidewalks toward the packed New Year's festivities."

NYC rings in new year with heightened security in Times Square | Reuters

The best part... The people squash that deal before it got rolling, not the police.

It wasn't the time or the place. Pick your battles wisely.
The people were not going to put up with it.

Old 01-01-2015, 10:42 AM

18,665 posts, read 19,972,963 times
Peaceful as always for New Years Eve in the one and only Times Square!

Old 01-01-2015, 11:30 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
the communists will use every opportunity to get hate and division across America.
Kinda like this post?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies