Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2015, 01:21 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times

Advertisements

He really believes that God controls the climate?

Why does the Bible Belt (where he's from) have so much drought and natural disasters?

*SIGH*

Nearly everyone i've ever known from Oklahoma has been pretty cool. Where do they get these insipid donkeys from that they choose to run for Congress?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2015, 01:34 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,358,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbenator View Post
First mistake was quoting Mother Jones. Second, LYING about what he said. He never said she was the "MASTERMIND" behind the hoax. If you believe that, you have a real reading comprehension problem.
Exactly. Here's another case of shoving words into someone's mouth.

I wonder if all those scientists, heads of state, bureaucrats, and reporters had credits to cover all the carbon they spewed on their trip to picturesque Copenhagen. You can see from their very behavior that they are not entirely convinced of their own theories. If I thought that carbon emissions would wreck havoc on coming generations, I wouldn't be jetting back and forth to Copenhagen, Hawaii, etc. I wouldn't be working in an office in DC through the summer, w/ AC on full blast.

Old 01-01-2015, 01:37 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,399,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post

I wonder if all those scientists, heads of state, bureaucrats, and reporters had credits to cover all the carbon they spewed on their trip to picturesque Copenhagen. You can see from their very behavior that they are not entirely convinced of their own theories. If I thought that carbon emissions would wreck havoc on coming generations, I wouldn't be jetting back and forth to Copenhagen, Hawaii, etc. I wouldn't be working in an office in DC through the summer, w/ AC on full blast.
The article was written by David Corn, a well respected journalist. It is clear what Inhofe meant. Deal with it.

Old 01-01-2015, 01:54 PM

963 posts, read 689,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
The article was written by David Corn, a well respected journalist. It is clear what Inhofe meant. Deal with it.
Well respected among the FAR Left. Nowhere else.

What he SAID was Streisand AMONG OTHERS. The others, being all of *******dom pushing for more government control over industry.

Old 01-01-2015, 02:03 PM

963 posts, read 689,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post

Yep. The PLAN seems to be to overwhelm the forums (and the media) with lies and distortions (such as the Steve Scalise LIE) just to plant these thought into the mind of the uninformed voter. They figure you can't investigate all the outrageous statements they make, and just getting it out there will taint any Republican target. These libs aren't stupid, but they're not at all honest either!

Old 01-01-2015, 02:03 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,284,721 times
Well, global warming can't happen because of Jesus. Inhofe says so. So I guess Babs has her work cut out for her. Not to mention the mysterious Others.

I look forward to two more years of watching Inhofe be an idiot, then watching other idiots try to defend the idiocy.

Old 01-01-2015, 02:05 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
When you come right down to the real meaning of pollution control it is "Go clean up your mess". No business is willing to spend their own money to clean up or stop making their own mess. They expect the rest of us to breath their pollution, pay for cleaning up their trash and let them tear up the countryside digging coal.

These costs are economic externalities and represent costs of production not paid by the producer. These costs are externalized to the rest of us. They result in mispriced products and over valued stock. They are a non government subsidy. If internalizing these costs results in a product too expensive to sell they the market will force the company to stop making or mining that product.

I am damn tired of paying for any businesses profit collected because they will not clean up their own mess like a spoiled brat.

Old 01-01-2015, 02:28 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,051,870 times
Quote:
Yep. The PLAN seems to be to overwhelm the forums (and the media) with lies and distortions (such as the Steve Scalise LIE) just to plant these thought into the mind of the uninformed voter. They figure you can't investigate all the outrageous statements they make, and just getting it out there will taint any Republican target. These libs aren't stupid, but they're not at all honest either!
MotherJones, nonThinkProgress, Huff and ilk are upset about the 2014 elections and gearing up early for 2016. Which means their minions/shills need to post their "news" articles on places like this often.

Old 01-01-2015, 02:36 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,399,488 times
Quote:
Well respected among the FAR Left. Nowhere else.

What he SAID was Streisand AMONG OTHERS. The others, being all of *******dom pushing for more government control over industry.
Inhofe added "AMONG OTHERS" only as an after thought and only after he stated that Babs Streisand was responsible for the greatest con in the past 100 years. In a brief moment of clarity he probably thought, "Jeez, I will sound like a complete moron if I say what I truly mean so let me add, among others, so I will only sound like a partial moron."

Sure...Did the idea to develop an "AGW hoax" as a means to gain governmental control of industry also come from mind of Babs? Babs is definitely giving Dr. Evil, Dr. No and all other evil geniuses a run for their money don't you think?

Last edited by TreeBeard; 01-01-2015 at 03:00 PM..

Old 01-01-2015, 04:29 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,358,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Inhofe added "AMONG OTHERS" only as an after thought and only after he stated that Babs Streisand was responsible for the greatest con in the past 100 years. In a brief moment of clarity he probably thought, "Jeez, I will sound like a complete moron if I say what I truly mean so let me add, among others, so I will only sound like a partial moron."

Sure...Did the idea to develop an "AGW hoax" as a means to gain governmental control of industry also come from mind of Babs? Babs is definitely giving Dr. Evil, Dr. No and all other evil geniuses a run for their money don't you think?
Again he did not say what you claim. Your thread title even uses quotation marks in fraudulent fashion to attribute to him a phrase that he did not evidently utter, at least according to your link. If he said it, give us the link and quote, and all is well. If not, you really need to apologize for shoving words into his mouth. Prove your sincerity here. I'm always willing to debate a sincere opponent, but liars go on my ignore list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies