Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2015, 12:39 PM

37,802 posts, read 41,008,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjthejetplane View Post
I do not blame them. I would question the mental integrity of many posters in the C-D political forum.
Is that why you joined a few months ago?

Old 01-03-2015, 12:40 PM

15,530 posts, read 10,499,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Amazing story. I don't understand how she made the connection between city data and the Mullen? Did he post his real name or something?
A couple of examples:

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post29216241

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post29458408

Well, sorta. She goggled the name and followed every link that referenced it. When she clicked on the city-data links, she looked at the original poster's history and made note of everything they posted. She also looked at every single response and checked out their history too. Because of fudged identities and some bogus stuff, on the surface they don't look similar . But, when you dig, you see a pattern (NY background histories especially). Actually, it looks like rather boring work, unless you get paid.

Old 01-03-2015, 03:02 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,167,635 times
I just did a search on C-D for "Ryan Eugene Mullen" and I only came up with three threads, this one, a similar thread to this one from last year, and a political thread. So I don't understand exactly how she found him through this forum. What else should I be searching for on C-D to find some trace of him?

Old 01-03-2015, 03:46 PM

408 posts, read 607,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
The World's Best Bounty Hunter Is 4-Foot-11. Here's How She Hunts | WIRED

The skip tracer..."began with a Google search and became even more fascinated by Mullen when she read a bulletin posted on a sketchy-looking civic discussion website called City-Data.com".
That is exactly what city-data is - sketchy-looking.

Why? Because it is a free forum comprised of real American opinions on a variety of topics. It's not curated. It's not a specialized forum so it tends to attract people of all backgrounds and education levels.

The typical city-data poster has a slightly below-par IQ. This is easily demonstrated by all the racist, misogynist, homophobic & militaristic perspectives you'll find on here.

And because it isn't firmly inside the conservative echo chamber, many educated individuals come across its pages via google searches and otherwise. They must be horrified by many of the opinions they come across. The bigotry in this forum can be overwhelming.

I stuck around to be entertained and to remind myself how intelligent I am compared to the average human being.

I think in this case another term for 'sketchy-looking' could be 'retarded opinions are not filtered out'.

No offense to all the uneducated people in this forum.

Can't fault people for being born stupid.

Old 01-03-2015, 04:44 PM

62,938 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEFTIMAGE View Post

Why? Because it is a free forum comprised of real American opinions on a variety of topics. It's not curated. It's not a specialized forum so it tends to attract people of all backgrounds and education levels.

The typical city-data poster has a slightly below-par IQ. This is easily demonstrated by all the racist, misogynist, homophobic & militaristic perspectives you'll find on here.

And because it isn't firmly inside the conservative echo chamber, many educated individuals come across its pages via google searches and otherwise. They must be horrified by many of the opinions they come across. The bigotry in this forum can be overwhelming.

I stuck around to be entertained and to remind myself how intelligent I am compared to the average human being.

I think in this case another term for 'sketchy-looking' could be 'retarded opinions are not filtered out'.

Wow, just wow.

Old 01-03-2015, 04:48 PM

408 posts, read 607,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Wow, just wow.
A classic, high-brow riposte by one of CD's most representative posters !

Thanks Oldglory.

Old 01-03-2015, 04:56 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,858,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEFTIMAGE View Post

Fate exacts a terrible price for hubris.

Old 01-03-2015, 05:58 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,892,503 times
She sounds like a liar, a stalker and a freak. Probably obsessed with that guy. I don't even know who he is, but she's one ugly lady.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies