Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 11:42 AM

2,860 posts, read 3,387,163 times

Advertisements

I can't stand Limbaugh and I'm possibly even more conservative than him. He's a phony, who just babbles on with his annoying voice to make money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2015, 01:13 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
I can't stand Limbaugh and I'm possibly even more conservative than him. He's a phony, who just babbles on with his annoying voice to make money.
Hey, I am not alone and IMO a person would have to be really dumb downed to listen to that gas bag on a regular basis. Rush is so simplistic I never learn anything I do not already know.

Old 01-04-2015, 01:28 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
Hey, I am not alone and IMO a person would have to be really dumb downed to listen to that gas bag on a regular basis. Rush is so simplistic I never learn anything I do not already know.
Thats kind of the point. People don't listen to him to learn anything. They listen to him to have someone else confirm what they are thinking and assure them they are not alone in what they believe.

Old 01-04-2015, 01:30 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Most of Limbaughs ratings seem to come from liberals who just can't wait to get their blood pressure up listening to him and then come here and repeat whatever it was he said. I haven't heard anyone who wasn't a liberal talk about "what Rush said" since the 90's.

If his ratings were lower his paycheck would be lower, he's laughing at the left all the way to the bank.
Funny you should say this. My father, who always votes democrat, likes to listen to Limbaugh---and while listening, he constantly complains about what Limbaugh is saying. I asked my father one day why does he listen to Limbaugh if he can't stand the guy. His answer---"My blood pressure is low and needs to be raised."

ooohkay

Old 01-04-2015, 01:43 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,520,506 times
I love that Limbaugh drives obaggers like the op insane. That right there is worth the money he makes.

Old 01-04-2015, 03:13 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,389,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
Rush Limbaugh just signed a deal for 38 Million a year in a multi year deal plus a signing bonus of 100 million.
Limbaugh's relentless attacks on Obama and progressive ideals are very effective on those people who would rather let others do their thinking and research for them.

If Rupert Murdoch, the Koch brothers, or the developer of the Villages in Florida offered you even a fraction of that amount what would you be willing to say so that elections go their way?
I don't have any kind of talent that could get me 38M a year.
But the chronically stupid need heros and that's why Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck,Palin, Hasselbeck and all those faux newscaster on Fox News make so much money.
Cure the stupid and those people go on welfare.

BTW none of those "right wing experts" with all their scare tactics kept Obama from being elected a first or second time. Just proves that the educated pays no attention to those phonys.

Old 01-04-2015, 03:47 PM

1,204 posts, read 872,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
I'd do Rush Limbaugh.

I'm a gay man and I wouldn't do Rush Limbaugh. Of course unlike Rush, I'm only one my 1st marriage.

Old 01-04-2015, 09:56 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
Thanks for being civil about my statement. I believe that the answers to this left right debate is somewhere in between. Limbaugh, Hannity and others are pop conservatives like Joyce Brothers was a pop psychologist. If you want real conservative thought that goes into depth you need to read George Will or Pat Buchanan. With those two you sit read and think.

Limbaugh and Hannity are the kind of guys that get you up walking around the room and cursing about those damned liberals. They don't provoke thought, they provoke an emotional reaction.

So if I read Will or Buchanan, I won`t be outsourcing my thought process?

There is no left vs. right.

There is only statism vs. liberty.

Old 01-04-2015, 10:05 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
I wouldn't sacrifice my sense of integrity and self-worth by supporting Conservative causes. I don't care how much the ignorant Koch Bros offered me.

I pity a guy like Limbaugh. He's pathetic, always on the wrong side of every argument, and represents ignorance. What a wasted life. Being rich doesn't change what he is.

Still waiting to hear what he is wrong about.

Old 01-04-2015, 10:06 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,803,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
I wouldn't sacrifice my sense of integrity and self-worth by supporting Conservative causes. I don't care how much the ignorant Koch Bros offered me.

I pity a guy like Limbaugh. He's pathetic, always on the wrong side of every argument, and represents ignorance. What a wasted life. Being rich doesn't change what he is.

Your sense of integrity?
Stop it...yer killin' me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies