Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2015, 11:40 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,337,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahrie View Post
Ever wonder what's wrong with our youth and why they act the way they do? Could it be that they're simply uninformed? Do you believe that when given the right information they would change their minds and do a 180 regarding violence, murder, and the sanctity of life? Watch this video and see.

PLEASE don't miss this!

"180" - An award-winning documentary!

(Millions of people around the globe have already seen it, and it has almost 5 million views on You Tube alone - in English, and many more millions in other languages.)

Love to all,

Mahrie.
33 minutes of contrived BS. Comparing the killing of millions of alive and breathing human beings to the removal non-sentient fetal tissue is hyperbole at its best.

Nothing about this film is the "right" information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2015, 12:13 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
I'd rather see punitive measures employed for those who have premarital and/or extramarital sex.

Abortion was never meant to be a method of birth control.

It's absurd to have to explain to someone who asks you out on a date that you will not be on the menu! Sadly, that kind of behavior was taking place in Britain when I was in my teens, so in the late sixties/early seventies. Nowadays, inappropriate and irresponsible sexual liaisons are thought of as nothing more than dessert.

Shalom,

Mahrie.
And as the saying goes, why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free. Add a kid to the mix and they run for the hills and we the tax payer are forced to support the kids.

Old 09-25-2015, 12:24 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
I'd rather see punitive measures employed for those who have premarital and/or extramarital sex.
I recently read this great story of a really cool guy who famously stepped in and stopped a crowd who were getting to employ some "punitive measures" on a woman who'd engaged in extramarital sex. I think he had the right idea. What was the name? - y'know, Jewish, long hair, carpenter...

Old 09-25-2015, 12:41 PM

5,252 posts, read 4,675,878 times
Quote:
For the most part, I agree with you, jertheber, but we cannot blame our youth for not knowing facts that we (as adults) failed to teach them, nor can we expect them to have moral values superior to those of their parents, most of who were born into the extremist feminist era, where the 'If it feels good, do it' mantra prevailed (and still does).

I'm not talking about equal pay for equal work and all other such reasonable considerations, but when we raise up generations of children who have no idea what the sanctity of life means, except as it pertains to their own life, we are lost. The premeditated taking of life will always be wrong, and that includes the lives lost on the battlefields of contrived wars fought only for the benefit of the financial elite -- not that their primary concern is money, it's not, it's has and always will be power.

Personally, I would have answered "No" to the 'Would you shoot Hitler''? question because either we hold all life sacred, or we do not.

What would you have done, and why?

I'd have wanted him incarcerated and (if possible) rehabilitated, but regardless of his response to attempted restoration, he would have been in a place that would ensure that he couldn't hurt anyone again. As most serious historians know, he was just a puppet anyway, groomed for years for his position as the leader of the Reich.

If one wanted to 'end' the true architects of wars, one would have to annihilate the Rothchilds, the IMF, the Central Bank, the Trilateral Commission, and just a few more; thirteen families in all who control the world's economy - or try to.

Mahrie.
Attempting to imagine oneself killing another for their erroneous ways is something I'll avoid for now. The truth of our society with regard to our vast differences lies in the knowledge of man's imperfect condition. It's not our lot in life to present a cure for all that ails us, we do however have a moral responsibility to help those in pain, or those who have disabilities to the extent they are unable to care for themselves, or children whose welfare is of little concern to their failed parents. Some seek to shirk that responsibility, and again I can understand this in light of my previous statement as to the fact of man's being less than perfect..

On money and power: Unfortunately these two things are intrinsically tied together for the reason that we can't have one without automatically having the other. Yes some people do have a kind of limited power without having vast wealth, but absolute power requires a vast wealth in order to remain absolutely unchallenged. Empires negotiate with or kill their challengers, that's absolute power.

My view of our youth as a group with a profoundly lessened knowledge base isn't on a par with those who see our entire society as a kind of horror show of personal degradation. Through the ages youth has always presented a conundrum for those who have matured and see little hope for those still on the maturation path, and we are in a bit of a jam with modern culture seemingly embracing a self indulgent philosophy, but that indulgent modern culture includes many who are well beyond their years of youth. We can teach, but we can't change the world, only those in our sphere of influence. I never bought into the media induced hysteria regarding a supposed mass abdication of our morals, I am seventy now and certainly lived through those times when women and minorities fought hard for their admittance into a better than second class status..

In the book, about the Frie Korps, the forerunners to the Third Reich, the reader is shown the complexities of all that brought Hitler to the fore, are we there as a comparable nation state construct, as many would have us believe? My answer is a resounding no. Until the haters in this country are put in the minority position we have something to fear, Nazi power was a reflection of a vast hatred that became politicized, this propensity to politicize hate is what we have to deal with if we are to survive long enough to make this a better place..

Last edited by jertheber; 09-25-2015 at 01:11 PM..

Old 09-25-2015, 02:15 PM

1,608 posts, read 1,484,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I recently read this great story of a really cool guy who famously stepped in and stopped a crowd who were getting to employ some "punitive measures" on a woman who'd engaged in extramarital sex. I think he had the right idea. What was the name? - y'know, Jewish, long hair, carpenter...

Ah, yes. And Yeshua condemned the act (sin), but not the sinner, and then He warned "Go your way and sin no more." Yep, I remember that one too.

Unrepented of casual sexual encounters will be subject to punitive measures when we stand before HIM on Judgment Day. Or perhaps you think not...?

Mahrie.
P.S. A word about the 180 video. If you watched it, you'll recall that people were asked if they had ever lied, or stolen something, or committed fornication or adultery, or broken any of the Ten Commandments (which Christians aren't subject to today, although the later-given two Commandments do cover everything in the Mosaic Law), and they all had broken several of them - as have I - along with most other people on the planet.

No one is trying to 'Cast the first stone' here; no one is qualified to, but I made the statement about punitive measures being visited upon the prospective parents, intending that to mean - rather than the unborn child. Ideally, we'd all just behave and stop the problem at its source!

Old 09-25-2015, 02:22 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,084,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I don't think there's anything wrong with " our youth."

I think old fogeys are the only ones always complaining about the younger generations and they have been doing it for years and will continue to do so every generation.
With each generation it becomes more extreme. I have witnessed several generations come up, they keep taking it to a new level.
This is a perspective that can only be seen by those that have witnessed several generations. Young people don't have the experience to have seen it.

Old 09-25-2015, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Ah, yes. And Yeshua condemned the act (sin), but not the sinner, and then He warned "Go your way and sin no more." Yep, I remember that one too.
That's the name, thank you! So no punitive measures enacted, I'm glad I remembered correctly.

Quote:
Unrepented of casual sexual encounters will be subject to punitive measures when we stand before HIM on Judgment Day. Or perhaps you think not...?
I think not. But if that's your belief, if that's a faith that you find support and comfort in, I absolutely - no snark whatsoever - encourage you to live by it. Just have the courtesy to abstain from punitive measures on those who don't share it.

Quote:
No one is trying to 'Cast the first stone' here; no one is qualified to
Oh, good. So the "punitive measures" for extramarital sex are off the table? Your redeemer quite literally told you to not enact them. It was important enough to write down. And paper was expensive back then!

Quote:
but I made the statement about punitive measures being visited upon the prospective parents, intending that to mean - rather than the unborn child. Ideally, we'd all just behave and stop the problem at its source!
It IS quite possible to have sex, within wedlock and out, and not end up "prospective parents". Literally millions manage. In fact, the abortion rates are remarkably low in countries where education on avoiding perspective parenthood is early and comprehensive, and where the resources are made available.

As for "ideally", I don't think you should mistake your idea of ideal behavior for a universal ideal.

Old 09-25-2015, 02:57 PM

Quote:
That's the name, thank you! So no punitive measures enacted, I'm glad I remembered correctly.

I think not. But if that's your belief, if that's a faith that you find support and comfort in, I absolutely - no snark whatsoever - encourage you to live by it. Just have the courtesy to abstain from punitive measures on those who don't share it.

Oh, good. So the "punitive measures" for extramarital sex are off the table? Your redeemer quite literally told you to not enact them. It was important enough to write down. And paper was expensive back then!

It IS quite possible to have sex, within wedlock and out, and not end up "prospective parents". Literally millions manage. In fact, the abortion rates are remarkably low in countries where education on avoiding perspective parenthood is early and comprehensive, and where the resources are made available.

As for "ideally", I don't think you should mistake your idea of ideal behavior for a universal ideal.

And millions don't. Literally over 55 million didn't 'manage' since 1973, and that's just in the good old US of A!

And punitive measures are most certainly not 'Off the table' for any one of us who is or remains unrepentant for breaking *any* of God's Laws, but humans won't be holding Court then - GOD will.

I'm not interested in playing verbal volleyball, but *you* did bring up the subject of Divine intervention.

Mahrie.

Old 09-25-2015, 03:03 PM

Quote:
And millions don't.
So make it easier. If it's a second Holocaust you're stopping, no measure should be off the table to prevent unwanted pregnancies.

Quote:
And punitive measures are most certainly not 'Off the table' for any one of us who is or remains unrepentant for breaking *any* of God's Laws, but humans won't be holding Court then - GOD will.
I guess we'll see. Or won't, if my expectations play out.

Quote:
I'm not interested in playing verbal volleyball, but *you* did bring up the subject of Divine intervention.
I don't think I did.

Old 09-25-2015, 03:21 PM

Quote:

I don't think I did.

Sure you did!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA

That's what's known as Divine intervention, which you did indeed bring up.

Cheers,

Mahrie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies