Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2015, 05:28 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,746,928 times

Advertisements

[quote=notmeofficer;37917163]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post

Someone gets it right..thank you for conscious clarity

I don't care who you are with... I don't care how you live your life... forcing me to accept you through government action however only turns me steadfastly against your cause ...

I don't have to personally accept this nor will I... if I have my private business and I object to any activity I will not serve you
As a public servant you will receive the same level of care.. but privately.. nope ..I will never honor gay marriage

Freedom... where does it start and stop..

The constitution says it all...

Liberals want no lines anywhere ...we will ultimately reap the negative effects of their actions

Next marriage of inanimate objects or animals...
That wasn't me, in fact I utterly reject that position.

Please learn to quote correctly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2015, 05:29 PM

4,472 posts, read 3,825,163 times
[quote=jacqueg;37916989]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post

Oh I get it. I have misunderstood you. You think churches should be required to officiate at same-sex marriages?

Good to know that you acknowledge that many churches oppose equal rights for all american citizens.
Equal rights? It goes against what is morally right in their eyes. It would contradict their beliefs.

Old 01-07-2015, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
This Goes back to civil unions which are fine because we have a free society. Plus its Gov. and is and always about fee's.

But do not call it a Marriage which usually means before God. Reconcile that at the end of ages.
Exactly.

Old 01-07-2015, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Only in some states can rental venues refuse same sex couples, and many churches DO welcome same sex couples. Plus people have weddings on the beach, or the park, or the woods, or in a hot air balloon, or while sky diving, or thousands of other ways. Just because YOU happen to want a church wedding doesn't mean that everyone does.
The point is liberals act like its "equal for all" when its really not. They can't get married everywhere straight couples can, even if the government says they can get married in their state.

Old 01-07-2015, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
There sure are, and they are allowed to do so.
Interracial Couple Banned From Kentucky Church

One church in Mississippi even denies a black couple.
Church refuses to marry black couple in Mississippi - CNN.com
That is a very small minority of churches. Most churches still follow the ways of the people by not allowing gay weddings. In some places you would have to look really hard to find a church or venue that allows gay weddings even if it is legal in the state.

Old 01-07-2015, 05:35 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,746,928 times
Quote:
Many people still see marriage as a religious institution and not a government.
They can see it anyway they want. The simple fact is, if you want the legal rights afforded to married couples, it doesn't matter what your church says. It matters that you have a state-issued marriage license.

Old 01-07-2015, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Yes they are. What are you basing that on?

Your point? Most Conservative Christians are raging hypocrites so that means little to me.

50 years ago, people like you viewed white marriage as the only acceptable form too. Good thing people with your views died off, as will happen in this case too.
You think most gay couples are Jewish? What are YOU basing that on? Liberals are even bigger hypocrites. And people won't suddenly accept gay marriage just because it might be legal. People in Alberta, Canada still oppose it despite it being legal there.

Old 01-07-2015, 05:39 PM

Quote:
That quote comes from Gandhi not the Bible. And sorry, but telling gay people they deserve to be denied a loving relationship and marriage, because of the way they were born when it harms no one is not loving at all.
I never said it was a quote from the Bible. I said it was a quote.

Old 01-07-2015, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Who cares what Floridians want? They don't have the right to violate the Constitution through tyranny of the majority.

60 years ago, 96% of Americans didn't want interracial marriage to be legal. Guess what, the Supreme Court told Americans to shove it. Just like courts are telling the anti-gay crowd they have no right to deny gays their constitutional rights today.
At least there was one Circuit judge (Whichever is in charge of Michigan, Ohio, etc) who kept their states laws banning gay marriage.

Old 01-07-2015, 05:42 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,185,320 times
Quote:
At least there was one Circuit judge (Whichever is in charge of Michigan, Ohio, etc) who kept their states laws banning gay marriage.
lol

Why do you keep arguing this?

That's the last victory you'll have in a war you're absolutely going to lose. Savor it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies