Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2015, 01:42 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
It just so happens that the dog is Trig's therapy dog; his assistance dog. We learn that he follows Trig around everywhere. Therapy dogs are specially trained to assist and be a companion to persons with disabilities. Our English Springer Spaniel Molly was a certified Therapy Dog.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it. What do you know about dogs?
https://liveactionnews.org/peta-pali...ssage1pocrisy/

Service Dog Breeds: Labrador Retriever | Anything PawsableAnything Pawsable
"The Labrador Retriever is a sturdy, solid dog bred for one thing and one thing only: to pick things up, carry them around, and bring them back to his handler. While retrieving may be what the Labrador Retriever is bred for, this fleet-footed, muscular dog excels at nearly at task set to it. Extremely intelligent and trainable, the Labrador is quick-witted and a problem solver. Per the American Kennel Club breed standard, Labs should possess a “stable temperament,” weigh “55 to 75 pounds,” and be an “outgoing and devoted companion.”"

My male lab weighs every bit of 135# He is huge!
My female is 65#
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2015, 01:46 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Nothing there had anything to do with the FACT that standing on a dog CAN hurt the dog. If you don't think that putting weight on a dogs ribs, spine or lungs can harm it, then you have no idea of common injuries to dogs. If you don't know that a dog will bite or run when injured, possibly injuring the child, then you have no idea of dog behavior.

Even a dog trained to be around disabled people will not stand for being hurt. Trig is going to grow, and needs to be taught not to stand on the dog. This should have been used as a teaching moment, not a proud momma moment.
As Trig grows, I'm sure he will not be standing on the dog, nor will he need to. I wouldn't worry about it. I think if this was a problem for the dog, it would not have allowed Trig on his back.

You are unfamiliar with this breed (apparently) and also (apparently) don't know about service dogs and Therapy Dogs.

This is just another veiled attempt to criticize and find fault with Sarah Palin, and smear her with a phony scandal.

Last edited by nononsenseguy; 01-06-2015 at 01:57 PM..

Old 01-06-2015, 01:54 PM

1,296 posts, read 1,120,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Only had them in my home since birth, been a vet tech, and a trainer. But I'm sure you know more about me than I do.

I have to call BS on your post. The dog in the picture is a black Labrador retriever, which, even if a smaller female, weighs on average 55 to 70 pounds, and that's as a working dog. Anyone who has owned labs as pets knows an indoor lab will go 65 to 80 pounds easily. Glad you never "vet teched" or trained any of my dogs!

Old 01-06-2015, 01:56 PM

894 posts, read 1,049,854 times
I can't imagine any Therapy Dog is trained to be used as a step-stool. I don't think Palin committed some grievous offense against humanity, but I hate it when parents lets their kids ride dogs like horses, sit on them or step on them. What happens when the dog has finally had enough and bites? Even the most tolerant dogs have their limits.

Old 01-06-2015, 01:58 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I don't understand the motivation of people who post pictures of their children.
Huh???

Old 01-06-2015, 02:11 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last1Out View Post
I have to call BS on your post. The dog in the picture is a black Labrador retriever, which, even if a smaller female, weighs on average 55 to 70 pounds, and that's as a working dog. Anyone who has owned labs as pets knows an indoor lab will go 65 to 80 pounds easily. Glad you never "vet teched" or trained any of my dogs!
Great. Allow the kid to stand on the dog until it turns on him. Then get mad that the dog bit him.

OR.

Get the kid a step stool and teach him not to stand on the dog.

Not my kid or my dog. I wouldn't allow my kids at any age or size to stand on my 180lb great dane.

Old 01-06-2015, 02:25 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times
PETA Palin, Palin PETA. Meh whatever they both bore me.

Old 01-06-2015, 02:39 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,397,554 times
Yep. I was headed for the garage today because I needed my small step ladder and just then I remembered.....hey, I have a dog. Come here Fido!!!

Old 01-06-2015, 02:46 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Funny....the dog did not move...yet people are pissed....

Old 01-06-2015, 02:57 PM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Seems PETA and the Progressive Democrats are upset screaming animal cruelty, for a picture Sarah Palin Posted on-line.

The very same depiction Ellen Degenrous posted, that got ooooo's and awwwww's, how cute.

No rational person would give a hoot about what PETA thinks, on ANYTHING!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies