Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2015, 08:10 AM

13,961 posts, read 5,625,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Racism is a lot like car alarms. We've all grown so accustom to false car alarms, that we never pay attention to them going off any more. Sure, cars are still broken into with real alarms sounding, but the noise of false alarms has drowned them out.
Perfect analogy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2015, 08:10 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Your gubbement wants you to think its all about race and not about what its doing.
Good point. Divide and conquer. And the sheep keep playing into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I used to feel sorry for Black people who had to deal with Jim Crow. Not anymore. The decent ones ain't the problem at all: the hood rats and their fans, especially after Ferguson and that mess in the restaurants in NYC, they need to be put in their place. Period.
I despise thugs of all color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
There are no "race relations."

White people never liked black people. Now most white people can look past that. The few racists still exist as the vocal minority.

Black people are the same they have always been.

Please show proof where white people don't like black people. Way to generalize there! Did you ever think that maybe, just maybe most of us judge a person based on their character, as opposed to their skin color?

Old 01-06-2015, 08:12 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,876,431 times
No.

Old 01-06-2015, 08:15 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,405,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Please show proof where white people don't like black people. Way to generalize there! Did you ever think that maybe, just maybe most of us judge a person based on their character, as opposed to their skin color?

Slavery, Jim Crow, Housing Segregation, KKK, Reagonomics, the "Southern Strategy."

Old 01-06-2015, 08:17 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
I did at one time, but no longer.

I'll care again when the African American mantra changes from:
  • Hands Up, Don't Shoot
  • Black Lives Matter
To:
  • Pants UP, Don't Loot
  • All Lives Matter

Old 01-06-2015, 08:21 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,405,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I did at one time, but no longer.

I'll care again when the African American mantra changes from:
  • Hands Up, Don't Shoot
  • Black Lives Matter
To:
  • Pants UP, Don't Loot
  • All Lives Matter
....so I'm guessing a Cancer awareness advocate should change their message to "all diseases matter."

Old 01-06-2015, 08:25 AM

12,042 posts, read 8,421,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post

Martin Luther King was a man whose voiced principles could be respected. The people who advocated for them where I lived in the Sixties were intelligent, educated and could be respected. And those are the people I learned from about race relations.

And most of their complaints were valid and relevant. We were a nation stepping up to growth and responsibility (although painfully and some reluctantly.)

What this mess is is only a destructive reflection of a degraded society. It looks and sounds like a demand for exceptional, not equal, treatment without responsibility.

We aren't asked to love; we are asked to not mistreat a person of color or violate their human rights. That's what the government asks us to do. Most of us do that.

Old 01-06-2015, 08:25 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:

Slavery, Jim Crow, Housing Segregation, KKK, Reagonomics, the "Southern Strategy."

Well, my friend I can only go by the world I live in which is today, and in the present. I wasn't around during slavery, and nor were any of my ancestors. Jim Crow was also before my time. There is no housing segregation today. The KKK is irrelevant today, nor do they speak for me, or any other white folks I know. I did a little research on "Southern Strategy" and it is nothing but propaganda, and partisan hackery to keep the masses divided.

Like I said, I live in the present. I have no desire to discriminate, or keep you or anyone else down. Or do you honestly think us white folks actually get up in the morning and say "you know what? I just can't wait to keep a black person down today!" Please.

Old 01-06-2015, 08:27 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
....so I'm guessing a Cancer awareness advocate should change their message to "all diseases matter."
If you are spending your time guessing at things, then I can see how you might arrive at such a silly conclusion and thereby totally missing the point about cancer awareness. I recommend some common sense and education. Both of these take some work but I'm convinced that you have it in you to there one day.

Old 01-06-2015, 08:41 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,595,372 times
I wish I didn't have to care, but "kill whitey" is the order of the day from D.C., Hollywood, and academia, and blacks have amply demonstrated they are feral pack animals eager to carry that out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies