Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2015, 08:50 PM

89,018 posts, read 44,824,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Children are impacted by the lives of their parents. Homes exist in communities/environments. The evolution of many inner-city environments is told by the evolution of rural black sharecroppers in the south migrating to northern urban cores and being re segregated in the process as the result white flight.
White flight which happens to be worse in blue states than in red states. Hmmm... Democrats are more racist. Not surprising at all.

The most segregated schools may not be in the states you’d expect - The Washington Post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2015, 01:58 AM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
I want the USA to be a great example for the rest of the world.

BUT, wow, we have so many glaring problems.

Humans naturally group and identify by race. So you have to, many times, set aside instincts, and be a part of the whole more than you are part of YOUR group.

The HUGE religious divisions in Europe could become the USA's problem. Racial divisions is already a big problem in the USA........add in Religion, OH NOES!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-12-2015, 05:57 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
White flight which happens to be worse in blue states than in red states. Hmmm... Democrats are more racist. Not surprising at all.

The most segregated schools may not be in the states you’d expect - The Washington Post
I am not really talking about blue and red....I am talking black and white. All along my position is that the black "problem" of socioeconomic inequality is either the result of interference or its intrinsic to black nature. I really do not give a slit how you subdivide racism between blue and red.....it's still interference and regardless...those are the only two political options that blacks have in this construct. Yes...there is liberal racism too......you want a cookie or gram crackers and milk now?

Old 01-12-2015, 06:32 AM

Quote:
I am not really talking about blue and red....I am talking black and white.
OK... why do Whites flee Blacks more consistently and at a greater rate in locations that overwhelmingly vote for Democrat politicians? People try to claim the GOP is racist, but a much bigger problem with racist segregation is going on in locations in which people overwhelmingly vote for Democrats.

Old 01-12-2015, 06:43 AM

Quote:
OK... why do Whites flee Blacks more consistently and at a greater rate in locations that overwhelmingly vote for Democrat politicians? People try to claim the GOP is racist, but a much bigger problem with racist segregation is going on in locations in which people overwhelmingly vote for Democrats.
Again...you seem to be guilty of an argument fallacy called the fallacy of composition. You seem to be assuming that what is true for the whole is true of all its parts. In other words, if its a blue state then EVERYONE there votes blue. Maybe in many of these places that you note its the red and white moving away from the black and blue in many cases, within the larger context of blueness. In other words, I do not know that what you are implying is THE GENERAL RULE or the exception to the rule.

There is liberal racism and conservative racism....there is no innocent political party in all of this. All of it works out as interference for the black collective.

Old 01-12-2015, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Again...you seem to be guilty of an argument fallacy called the fallacy of composition.
Not at all. You're just bending over backwards to try to avoid recognizing the fact that those who vote Democrat are much more racist than those who vote GOP.

Old 01-12-2015, 06:47 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,839,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
I assume many/most of us have friends/coworkers/acquaintances who are black/white (the opposite of whatever you are). I'm also going to guess that many of us here feel (you may or may not) that race relations have taken a backward step in the last few years.

Have your feelings on the macro state of race relations in the US impacted your more personal dealings with people of another race?

Do you care?

On the micro level, mine have not, but on the macro level, I've definitely become more cynical and negative towards hood rats, protesters and race baiters.
No.

Old 01-12-2015, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Not at all. You're just bending over backwards to try to avoid recognizing the fact that those who vote Democrat are much more racist than those who vote GOP.
No I am not. I do not even vote democratic. You have not proven that the people moving away from blacks in these places are liberal, given the fact that there are conservatives in blue states just like liberals live in red states.

Old 01-12-2015, 08:15 AM

Quote:
No I am not. I do not even vote democratic.
It doesn't matter how you as an individual vote. What matters is how those vote in areas in which schools are the most racially segregated.

Democrat voters are more racist than GOP voters. It's just the way it is...

Old 01-12-2015, 08:15 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
Why would I want to have relations with a violent criminal? Feel free to do so if you wish
We who knew Jessica chambers will long remember you
Next time you can't rent an apt or get a job thank your friends
http://q13fox.com/2014/08/16/state-o...o-sets-curfew/
Je suis Jessica chambers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies