Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2015, 07:35 AM

1,245 posts, read 923,263 times

Advertisements

[quote=natalie469;37960284]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
[/b]

Nope, no pollution at all so stop reaching
While the person that bought it may have not created any emissions driving it, they own the emissions created while it was manufactured.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2015, 07:40 AM

25,842 posts, read 16,521,023 times
I wonder if people found a reason for why the Earth came out of the mini ice age of 700 years ago yet? I'm thinking those poor women burned at the stake in those days were also blamed for warming the planet? Would make about as much sense as CO2 in the atmosphere causes the entire planet to warm catastrophically!

Old 01-11-2015, 07:45 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,047,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Well that settles it, another Flat Earth Society Blogger says Global Warming isn't real, then it must be true.

Alex Epstein | DeSmogBlog
Face it....if obama announced today that there is a "consensus of scientists" who have studies that the earth is indeed flat, by tomorrow, lefties would be calling those who disagree "round earthers".

Old 01-11-2015, 07:55 AM

25,842 posts, read 16,521,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Face it....if obama announced today that there is a "consensus of scientists" who have studies that the earth is indeed flat, by tomorrow, lefties would be calling those who disagree "round earthers".
Right on. That is liberalism in a nutshell.

Old 01-11-2015, 07:56 AM

2,777 posts, read 1,780,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
^How could anyone possibly respond to a comment this ignorant?
I don't even know where to begin.

Old 01-11-2015, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Well that settles it, another Flat Earth Society Blogger says Global Warming isn't real, then it must be true.

Alex Epstein | DeSmogBlog
Yet when obama says if everyone has air conditioning, a car, and a big house the planet will boil over ( that discredits global warming, or whatever you want to call it now )...That is the dumbest hyperbolic thing I have ever heard.

Old 01-11-2015, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spatula City View Post
^How could anyone possibly respond to a comment this ignorant?
I don't even know where to begin.
I see nothing ignorant about it. Lets hear what is said in this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEsE-XY2urE

If he would have said "We don't have time for a meeting of the round earth society" in the video, you would be calling skeptics round earthers.

Old 01-11-2015, 08:14 AM

2,777 posts, read 1,780,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookb4youcross View Post
I see nothing ignorant about it. Lets hear what is said in this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEsE-XY2urE

If he would have said "We don't have time for a meeting of the round earth society" in the video, you would be calling skeptics round earthers.
So I guess 15 seconds of an Obama speech in which he uses a common analogy proves that I personally have no mind of my own and only blindly follow him at all times.

I wish I could now finally say that this forum has showed me the depths of human stupidity, but I'm willing to bet that you can top this one given enough time.

Old 01-11-2015, 08:21 AM

23,541 posts, read 17,219,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
We often here the global warming alarmist parrot the 97% of scientist agree line. Even the president uses this. Well, someone actually reviewed study and found it was complete bs, who would have thought.

But even a quick scan of the paper reveals that this is not the case. Cook is able to demonstrate only that a relative handful endorse “the view that the Earth is warming up and human emissions of greenhouse gases are the main cause.” Cook calls this “explicit endorsement with quantification” (quantification meaning 50 percent or more). The problem is, only a small percentage of the papers fall into this category; Cook does not say what percentage, but when the study was publicly challenged by economist David Friedman, one observer calculated that only 1.6 percent explicitly stated that man-made greenhouse gases caused at least 50 percent of global warming.

Where did most of the 97 percent come from, then? Cook had created a category called “explicit endorsement without quantification”—that is, papers in which the author, by Cook’s admission, did not say whether 1 percent or 50 percent or 100 percent of the warming was caused by man. He had also created a category called “implicit endorsement,” for papers that imply (but don’t say) that there is some man-made global warming and don’t quantify it. In other words, he created two categories that he labeled as endorsing a view that they most certainly didn’t.
'97% Of Climate Scientists Agree' Is 100% Wrong - Forbes

Then you have the scientist responding to the assessment of their research papers, some of the gems.

Cook survey included 10 of my 122 eligible papers. 5/10 were rated incorrectly. 4/5 were rated as endorse rather than neutral.”
—Dr. Richard Tol

“That is not an accurate representation of my paper . . .”
—Dr. Craig Idso
“Nope . . . it is not an accurate representation.”
—Dr. Nir Shaviv

“Cook et al. (2013) is based on a strawman argument . . .”
—Dr. Nicola Scafetta

"Scientist" is a term hijacked to impress the confused and bewildered. There are many branches of science and practicioners in each are oblivious to the detailed research of the others except where directly connected. Science is a methodology used to conduct research. Reseach into whatever.

Doubt there is 90% agreement on the government issued food pyramid by related 'scientists'.
(97% figure is directly borrowed frm the creative posturing tried by the media to sell the wall st protestors as representing 99% of the country.

As for 'all' or 97% of scientists', who knows what that even means. Does it mean agreement on every aspect of global dynamics or some unique finding. As if you were to make a statement that 90 something percent of people believe in gun control. You'd probably be right because gun enthusiasts belong in that group. However, to use that nebulous statement to represent or support a biased and narrow persepctive which endorses extremely limited gun possession is disengenous and intentionally misleading.

So obama hands ourt white coats to wanna be doctors and it looks as if the 'science is on his side'. The ignorant are doomed to suffer at their own hand.

Old 01-11-2015, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spatula City View Post
So I guess 15 seconds of an Obama speech in which he uses a common analogy proves that I personally have no mind of my own and only blindly follow him at all times.

I wish I could now finally say that this forum has showed me the depths of human stupidity, but I'm willing to bet that you can top this one given enough time.
Since most of you regurgitate his talking points to a tee. It is that you blindly follow what you're told. Your problem isn't with me, you're angry because you have been tricked into thinking money will solve global warming/climate change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies