Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you a Liberal?
Yes, I'm a Liberal 76 53.52%
No, I'm not a Liberal 66 46.48%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 07:17 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,882,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
I'm a liberal --- feminist, anti-corporation, anti-big-business, pro-equality, pro animal rights, anti-war, anti-violence, anti-gun, anti-dogma, anti-religion, anti-elitist, intellectual, vegetarian, critical thinker, non-profit scientist, environmentalist----and proud of it!
Well then we are exact opposites of the universe. I can see we would go round and round. This world we must engage and break a few eggs in this new age of Revelation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2015, 07:27 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,091,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionGap View Post
Do you consider yourself a libertarian?
Not really, though I do tend to consider it to be the political party I would most identify with should I choose to consider myself a part of the party.

Libertarians can be pretty diverse though, at least from the one's I've encountered. Some are much more against any form of government spending, while others are a bit more lenient. I'm more lenient. That's to say, I'm not 100% against welfare, but I do think it's generally better if we spend less on it. Because ideally, no one should even need it.

Public spending for me means that it will be more than worth the cost. I don't necessarily have a problem with government being in the philanthropy business, so long as whatever they accomplish has lasting power and will be more cost effective in the long run. If the long term expenses end up being more or the same as what they were before, then it's a huge waste of tax payer funding.

And this is why I don't identify as libertarian. As I said, I don't much care for the party mentality. I think being able to look at everything from numerous stand points is important in making a decision.

Old 01-08-2015, 07:29 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,644,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Well then we are exact opposites of the universe. I can see we would go round and round. This world we must engage and break a few eggs in this new age of Revelation.
That's good. Diversity of belief and opinion is a natural and good thing.

Old 01-08-2015, 08:05 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,965,568 times
Quote:
I'm a liberal --- feminist, anti-corporation, anti-big-business, pro-equality, pro animal rights, anti-war, anti-violence, anti-gun, anti-dogma, anti-religion, anti-elitist, intellectual, vegetarian, critical thinker, non-profit scientist, environmentalist----and proud of it!
You hold completely conflicting beliefs are proud of it.

At least you admit it.

Old 01-08-2015, 08:06 PM

Quote:
That's good. Diversity of belief and opinion is a natural and good thing.
No, it just means liberals haven't grown up yet

Old 01-08-2015, 08:29 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,812,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
I consider myself fiscally moderate to conservative and socially liberal...but compared to modern conservatives, I'm sure I look to them like a militant Marxist.
fiscally moderate/conservative, socially liberal. Yeah, right.

Maybe "today's consevatives" think you're a Marxist because espousing liberal programs requires picking taxpayers' pockets to pay for them.

In other words I'm calling BS on that entire "social liberal-fiscal conservative lie.

Old 01-08-2015, 08:43 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 16 days ago)

29,543 posts, read 16,524,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
fiscally moderate/conservative, socially liberal. Yeah, right.

Maybe "today's consevatives" think you're a Marxist because espousing liberal programs requires picking taxpayers' pockets to pay for them.

In other words I'm calling BS on that entire "social liberal-fiscal conservative lie.
its "fiscally conservative" to spend 900 million dollars on a fighter jet that will never see the light of day.

Its " fiscally liberal" to spend 100 million dollars to feed 46 million people.

Think about that for a second, because that is what you are arguing.

Old 01-08-2015, 08:47 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,816,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
its "fiscally conservative" to spend 900 million dollars on a fighter jet that will never see the light of day.

Its " fiscally liberal" to spend 100 million dollars to feed 46 million people.

Think about that for a second, because that is what you are arguing.
So liberals are feeding people at 46 cents a person? How many meals is that? What's the over head on those meals?

Old 01-08-2015, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
So liberals are feeding people at 46 cents a person? How many meals is that? What's the over head on those meals?
No, they aren't. they just lie about how much they spend.

Government is the least efficient way to do ANYTHING.

Old 01-08-2015, 10:43 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,644,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
No, they aren't. they just lie about how much they spend.

Government is the least efficient way to do ANYTHING.
How about represent the people and protect their interests? You want a private corporation to do try to represent the people?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies