Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2015, 06:12 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,547,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyFonz61 View Post
Although I feel bad for the people of Paris tonight -- you really do have to blame their cowardice in not joining the Mighty USA in our brave fight against these Islamic scumbags. They have a long history of being spineless (ie, Hitler invading with no resistance).

What comes around, goes around.

You reap what you sow, France!
You're blaming the people of France....I assume you blamed the people of the U.S. for 9/11.

Old 01-07-2015, 06:13 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,127,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudcaro View Post
Horrible.
Charlie Hebdo is a magazine that tends to go "too far", but it's satire, and has to be seen as such. The people who died did not deserve this.
They did not deserve this!

Old 01-07-2015, 06:34 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,910,987 times
Charlie Hebdo: the truths that ought to be self-evident but still aren’t

Charlie Hebdo: the truths that ought to be self-evident but still aren

Old 01-07-2015, 06:35 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,910,987 times
Quote:
Spoken like a true lib who doesn't know how the real world operates.

You can't play a chess game with Muslim ideology and politics. America needs to start dropping nukes on them like it's going out of style.

One of the most aggressive countries in the 20th century was pre-WW2 Japan. Once we dropped a couple nukes on them, they did a 180 on their attitude towards the West and became our pets. The same can happen to these Muslim scumbags who keep getting emboldened with every jihadist attack on a Western country. We can melt their people into glass and then they will be willing to bark and roll over like obedient lap dogs.
Don't be ridiculous

Old 01-07-2015, 06:48 PM

1,275 posts, read 1,930,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
I never saw any of those videos by Pat Condell until I read this thread today... this one is so frikking hilarious, particularly when you get to about the 4 minute mark. OMG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9SIcIvuKWQ
I have listened to Pat Condell for years. I don't agree with everything he says, but most.

Old 01-07-2015, 07:02 PM

3,106 posts, read 3,984,961 times
Terrible. RIP.

There is a lesson in this for America, though. This is part of why people in THIS country often times choose to be armed. The police didn't arrive in time to save them. Firearms being illegal in France didn't save them. They may not have saved themselves by shooting back...but the odds sure woulda been better! Many mass shootings have been averted and/or cut short because of some civilian carrying a weapon. I wish our brothers and sisters across the pond had had some sort of recourse.

Old 01-07-2015, 07:16 PM

2,416 posts, read 2,020,782 times
Quote:
Spoken like a true lib who doesn't know how the real world operates.

You can't play a chess game with Muslim ideology and politics. America needs to start dropping nukes on them like it's going out of style.

One of the most aggressive countries in the 20th century was pre-WW2 Japan. Once we dropped a couple nukes on them, they did a 180 on their attitude towards the West and became our pets. The same can happen to these Muslim scumbags who keep getting emboldened with every jihadist attack on a Western country. We can melt their people into glass and then they will be willing to bark and roll over like obedient lap dogs.
What risible rubbish, it was largely a lack of foresight, kowtowing to vested interests, and ignorance, that led to the Iraq fiasco (and bombing there was). The US flew many millions of dollars distributing it to any charlatan who wasn't Saddam. Radical Islam has been the principal beneficiary of Iraq (along with China, Iran, and perhaps Israel - while the US was hemorrhaging blood and money China was out in the world doing business, forging relationships). One of the Parisian terrorists today had apparently been involved in recruiting fighters to Al-Qaeda in Iraq. Why? Because before the fall of Saddam (note - a secular-ist) that would have been basically impossible. You can be gung ho as you like, making ridiculous and childish statements but stumbling around like some giant fool - isn't going to do it.
The war against radical Islam is asymmetrical, (along with the requisite weaponry) it demands resourcefulness, intelligence, misinformation, agents on the ground, special ops. and yes, the opposite of bloody cluelessness.

Last edited by modernist1; 01-07-2015 at 07:24 PM..

Old 01-07-2015, 08:36 PM

75 posts, read 119,994 times
Quote:
Although I feel bad for the people of Paris tonight -- you really do have to blame their cowardice in not joining the Mighty USA in our brave fight against these Islamic scumbags. They have a long history of being spineless (ie, Hitler invading with no resistance).

What comes around, goes around.

You reap what you sow, France!
How dare you? If not for the French we wouldn't have won our independence. 25 percent of the French population was killed in the war, and it's a grave insult for you to suggest that there was no resistance. Look up the village of Oradour sur Glane and see what the Germans did to the French! Thousands and thousands of French people lost their lives by smuggling Jews and others to safety. The Germans had more people, money and technology. Maybe you shouldn't take such an aggressive frat boy version of history as the truth!

Old 01-07-2015, 08:51 PM

4,502 posts, read 4,603,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
It really is a religion of peace, just be glad the same people weren't brought up on Christianity.
If the so-called "religion of peace" ever got to be the majority in the United States, i believe most of us non-Muslims would be in a world of trouble.

I heard on the radio today that in 1970 there were 700,000 Muslims in the United States. Today there are 9 million.

Old 01-07-2015, 09:03 PM

983 posts, read 994,160 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhnPVP23rzo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.