Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2015, 09:36 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times

Advertisements

Obamacare doesn't have an asset test, you could have a $100 million in Berkshire Hathaway stock and qualify for Medicaid as long as your interest, dividends, and capital gains income was below 138% FPL

I've read that it is advised to make enough to not qualify for Medicaid but get Medicare.

Millionaires can fit to get subsidized medical insurance.

Why I'm Not Worried About Obamacare Premium Increases.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2015, 09:38 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Yeah..it's all based on income alone.

Not like this is news..it was pointed out during the debates here on C-D.

Rich people with no income qualify.

LOL..I'm retired. I have assets and I have money coming in. But guess what ? I have NO INCOME.
I can qualify for medicaid according to Uncle Sam.

Old 01-07-2015, 09:43 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Nothing different from the way the government brackets everything else. It's exactly like SS, where people who are multi-millionaires still collect checks simply because they can.

There needs to be a total net worth metric added to the equation.

Old 01-07-2015, 09:45 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Nothing different from the way the government brackets everything else. It's exactly like SS, where people who are multi-millionaires still collect checks simply because they can.

There needs to be a total net worth metric added to the equation.
Not really. They had to have paid in (FICA) for the course of their working lives.
Exceptions are spouses of working people.

Old 01-07-2015, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Yeah..it's all based on income alone.

Not like this is news..it was pointed out during the debates here on C-D.

Rich people with no income qualify.

LOL..I'm retired. I have assets and I have money coming in. But guess what ? I have NO INCOME.
I can qualify for medicaid according to Uncle Sam.
Yep, this is my aim. I do recall reading that they want just enough income so they don't automatically go on medicaid.

Funny how the left keeps thinking they are nailing the rich when in fact they keep nailing the working. They actually thought when Obama was raising taxes on the rich. That twinkle in Obama's eyes was because he was laughing at the useful idiots. They'll never get it will they? Fools

Old 01-07-2015, 11:18 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Obamacare doesn't have an asset test, you could have a $100 million in Berkshire Hathaway stock and qualify for Medicaid as long as your interest, dividends, and capital gains income was below 138% FPL

I've read that it is advised to make enough to not qualify for Medicaid but get Medicare.

Millionaires can fit to get subsidized medical insurance.

Why I'm Not Worried About Obamacare Premium Increases.

Yes many have no income, but they do have a mound of gold to play with.
As soon as a Millionaire hits that golden age of Medicare, we all pay for their healthcare, on our dime.
Some bureaucrat can also place them on a death panel either way, too.

Old 01-07-2015, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
As soon as a Millionaire hits that golden age of Medicare, we all pay for their healthcare, on our dime.
Some bureaucrat can also place them on a death panel at that time too.
They pay into Medicare. To my understanding it's medicaid you want to avoid.

Death Panels? Is there some bureaucrat that will say, he's rich... use the ole fake appointment scam and get a bigger bonus They can do that to the poor and middle class but the rich will just write a check to pay for their medical.

And people love big government?

Last edited by petch751; 01-07-2015 at 11:36 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies