Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should it be illegal to criticize / attack the Islamic religion?
Yes 4 2.19%
Yes, including all religions 5 2.73%
No, freedom of speech 174 95.08%
Voters: 183. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 05:58 PM

37,801 posts, read 41,003,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I DON'T agree with that at all. Let's say my grandfather was in tight with the IRA during the "Troubles" in Ireland AND the IRA was committing terrorism in the US; that means MY butt would face having my US citizenship yanked even if I was 100 percent against the IRA.

Same thing with family members of an Islamist who came here legally and kept their noses clean; why should they be punished for something they had NO control over or even knew anything about?
Are you saying your grandfather would commit an act of terrorism in the US even if he knew what would happen to his family?

Old 01-08-2015, 06:44 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Are you saying your grandfather would commit an act of terrorism in the US even if he knew what would happen to his family?
How would YOU like it if 1 of your grandfathers was a "Muslim" and you weren't? YOU'D be highly pissed off at best. Please remember we DON'T pick our ancestors, this ain't Nazi Germany with its asshat racism against Jews or even Christians who were NOT of the Jewish faith but had Jews in their family.

Too, this IS the US; NOT some podunk Middle Eastern country with its stupid blood feuds. Here a person is innocent till PROVEN guilty so I ain't taking the bait. That crap was done to Americans of Japanese or even 1 quarter Japanese family during WW 2 and well all know that THAT turned out, then there was justice for them because they were "clean" as a group.

Old 01-09-2015, 08:56 AM

276 posts, read 330,545 times
Wow interesting poll...

Old 01-09-2015, 04:57 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,207,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Valentino- View Post
Since Islamic radicalism is on the rise and frequent occurrence, and many times journalists and other people from government level and even civilians getting attacked and murdered because of insulting Islam; should we ban people from insulting Islam to avoid any further attacks? Obviously this would be against freedom of speech, but should Islam be an exception?

According to the Quran, insulting Islam & Prophet Muhammad is capital punishment. Unfortunately some Muslims follow and do this even in the Western world.

oh this is just stupid
the people killed today in the Kosher market did not insult anyone
they will kill you just because they will kill you

Old 01-09-2015, 05:08 PM
W99

3 posts, read 1,401 times
Im gonna be a neutral here and say both sides are to blame for Paris attacks and I aint believing any different. You could say it should be prohibited because it will save lives, like it or not.

Old 01-09-2015, 05:09 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,801,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by W99 View Post
Im gonna be a neutral here and say both sides are to blame for Paris attacks and I aint believing any different. You could say it should be prohibited because it will save lives, like it or not.
Neutral, eh?
Not sure if you approve of mass murder?

Old 01-09-2015, 05:12 PM
W99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Neutral, eh?
Not sure if you approve of mass murder?
I condemn mass murder and what the terrorists did, but Im just looking at it from both angles. I feel the prohibition will save lives, thats more important in my opinion anyway.

Old 01-09-2015, 05:16 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,801,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by W99 View Post
I condemn mass murder and what the terrorists did, but Im just looking at it from both angles. I feel the prohibition will save lives, thats more important in my opinion anyway.

Both angles, eh?

Hmmm...Satire vs. Massacre.

OK, I get it.

Old 01-09-2015, 05:19 PM
W99

Yes massacre is worse, however, satire kicked it all off, theres no denying it. With terrorist organizations about, it wasnt wise to put anything out in the public.

Old 01-09-2015, 05:23 PM

1,442 posts, read 2,563,808 times
If you're going to ban insulting Islam, then you have to ban insulting every religion in the world, and also ban insulting the non-religious. I don't think it is appropriate to disrespectfully insult any religion or insult those that are non-religious - it just isnt' right, but critical critiques of certain aspects of religions/non-religions is certainly acceptable - - but, to make LAWS forbidding it? Hell No!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies