Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 03:53 PM

34,273 posts, read 19,270,906 times

Advertisements

While I can see people freaking about "gun laws", the person who posted was specific about reciprocity for concealed carry, and I am all for that. You shouldn't have to get multiple concealed carry permits to cross state lines, just like you shouldn't have to get multiple marriage licenses. Its a common sense gun law that helps everyone carry weapons more often.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2015, 03:59 PM

46,187 posts, read 26,919,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
While I can see people freaking about "gun laws", the person who posted was specific about reciprocity for concealed carry, and I am all for that. You shouldn't have to get multiple concealed carry permits to cross state lines, just like you shouldn't have to get multiple marriage licenses. Its a common sense gun law that helps everyone carry weapons more often.
I can agree with that, my CCP should be good throughout the United States, just like my drivers license....

Not to sure your "multiple marriage license" was a good example....but o.k....

Old 01-07-2015, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I can agree with that, my CCP should be good throughout the United States, just like my drivers license....

Not to sure your "multiple marriage license" was a good example....but o.k....
LOL. yeah the drivers license example you provided is much more appropriate.

Old 01-07-2015, 04:16 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,302,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Yeah, everyone should have the right for their 2 year old to shoot them dead in the local WalMart with their "concealed" gun in every state

Wait, I thought Obama was going to take everyone's guns?
Classic moonbat hallucinatory post. First of all, we don't base legislation on anomalous accidents. Would you favor banning fire extinquishers because of this?
Wesson man killed by exploding fire extinguisher - MSNewsNow.com - Jackson, MS

Secondly, I'm not aware of anyone claiming that "Obama was going to take everyone's guns." Can you provide a link or quote? Pres. Obama did try to push some heavy restrictions on guns after Sandy Hook. He is on record as favoring a ban on all semi-auto guns, and a ban on all hand guns.

NRA leader says Barack Obama endorsed a 'total ban' on handguns | PolitiFact

Quote:
The questionnaire asked about Obama’s stance on various issues, including, "Do you support state legislation to … ban the manufacture, sale and possession of handguns?"

The typed answer: Yes.
Fortunately the GOP and NRA have been able to block his effort.

Old 01-07-2015, 04:25 PM

56,964 posts, read 25,922,798 times
Ideas for the new congress and the best you can come up with is concealed carry, are there no other issues that might be slightly more important.

Old 01-07-2015, 04:27 PM

46,187 posts, read 26,919,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Ideas for the new congress and the best you can come up with is concealed carry, are there no other issues that might be slightly more important.
Harry did not think so...so why change expectations for the GOP?

Old 01-07-2015, 04:30 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,364,888 times
Seal our borders and deport more. No federal benefits at all for illegals. With a nod to state's rights, let them provide benefits at the states' expense. That's on them.

Old 01-07-2015, 04:32 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,302,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Can you not read?

Old 01-07-2015, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Seal our borders and deport more. No federal benefits at all for illegals. With a nod to state's rights, let them provide benefits at the states' expense. That's on them.
If the GOP would stick to simple common sense things like this, and the concealed carry reciprocity discussion earlier I might go back to voting for them. Alas....things like the dynamic scoring idiocy drive me crazy.

Old 01-07-2015, 04:51 PM

37,939 posts, read 17,769,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
That would be awesome, if they make dramatic changes after breaking it they will own it.

Now think about that for a moment.....
it was broken to begin with
Now think about that for a moment.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies