Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 01:40 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,925,882 times

Advertisements

Some critics of lethal injections claim that it is a form of cruel punishment. GIVE ME A BREAK! Many of those destined for this sentence are those who have maybe RAPED/ABUSED and KILLED innocent people that will not have a voice whether or not they suffered any cruel punishment at the time of their demise. It about time that these bleeding hearts realize that the term " AN EYE FOR AN EYE" should be implemented. Stefhen (Baja Mexico)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2008, 01:57 PM

6,749 posts, read 22,078,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
Some critics of lethal injections claim that it is a form of cruel punishment. GIVE ME A BREAK! Many of those destined for this sentence are those who have maybe RAPED/ABUSED and KILLED innocent people that will not have a voice whether or not they suffered any cruel punishment at the time of their demise. It about time that these bleeding hearts realize that the term " AN EYE FOR AN EYE" should be implemented. Stefhen (Baja Mexico)
My thoughts exactly.

Old 01-06-2008, 07:01 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,139,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
It about time that these bleeding hearts realize that the term " AN EYE FOR AN EYE" should be implemented. Stefhen (Baja Mexico)
Why? Because it's in the Bible? I can't imagine why it should be.

Old 01-06-2008, 07:09 PM

307 posts, read 1,397,287 times
This is such a "Satanic" theory. "Eye for an eye" lolz

-- Eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind. If a person has committed murder, rape, or abuse. The law should give them the maximum penalty.

I am 50/50 on Death penalty.

Old 01-06-2008, 07:28 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Knowing how quickly and painlessly anesthesia can put one to sleep I don't see how a further injection to stop the heart while the convicted is unconscious would be sensed.

Old 01-06-2008, 07:47 PM

3,150 posts, read 8,716,443 times
IMO the gallows are the most efficient means of execution. The mechanics of a gallows system provide for limitless amount of executions at one time. It is a very CHEAP and HUMANE system. I think the military still practices this execution....?

The only thing that should be changed from the past is the public viewing aspect... that is up for debate though.

Old 01-06-2008, 08:00 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,348,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
IMO the gallows are the most efficient means of execution. The mechanics of a gallows system provide for limitless amount of executions at one time. It is a very CHEAP and HUMANE system. I think the military still practices this execution....?

The only thing that should be changed from the past is the public viewing aspect... that is up for debate though.
Efficent for sure, it is a detierant, if these killers thought they would be hung for killing someone they would think twice.

lethal injection does not fit into cruel punishment in my book and I'm sure it's a lot more humane than what the criminal did to the victom.

Old 01-06-2008, 08:12 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,563,825 times
Not as torturous as their victim's death I would gather.

Old 01-07-2008, 06:19 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,293,678 times
At some point the mantra became, "This country is great because of how well we treat our criminals...." Not quite sure when though.....

If we spent HALF the time worrying about the victims and less worrying about the perpetrators I think our society might see a vast improvement.

Old 01-07-2008, 06:44 AM

436 posts, read 809,662 times
The Supreme Court is to rule on this today.

Perhaps we should bring back the firing squad. In any case, I don't believe that the lethal injection is a barbaric method. The drugs used (pentothal, pavulon and potassium) all take effects at different time, due to their absorption in the body. Hence the criminal is asleep before the potassium stops the heart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies