Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 08:01 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,818,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Why would someone be fired from a job for being pro gay?

What is pro gay anyway?

I'm not pro gay. I'm pro equal rights.
Pro gay is the same thing as equal rights.

And people have been fired for supporting gay rights. Wide scale acceptance of lgbt is a relatively new development for this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2015, 08:02 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,183,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Even dogs don't crap where they eat.
And Atlanta is SUPER gay. That's tantamount to expressing those sentiments in San Fran or New York.

He must've thought he was in Tulsa or something.

Old 01-08-2015, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Same thing
Really?

So are you pro black?

(Watch this yall)

Old 01-08-2015, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Really?

So are you pro black?

(Watch this yall)
I am.

Old 01-08-2015, 08:07 AM

2,253 posts, read 2,520,575 times
Quote:
You really should stop making assumptions.

You are wrong again, I have no problem with the fire chief being fired, just like I am pro gay rights.

All I am questioning is the linking of employment to political beliefs that are main stream. The guy's opinion is shared by the majority of people in his area and he was fired for it.

What other main stream beliefs should you have to hide for fear of being fired?
I don't care if his opinion is shared by all the people in his area. When you're on the job or have a leadership role, you can't go around saying offensive things.

My initial post on this thread said that this guy is clearly not capable of critical thinking. Anyone with even a little intelligence knows you can't go around saying whatever you like and not expect some backlash. It's just not a very enlightened thing to do.

Old 01-08-2015, 08:09 AM

Quote:
I am.
LMAO...priceless.

Sorry for doing that to you. I know it hurt.

Old 01-08-2015, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecentlyMoved View Post
I don't care if his opinion is shared by all the people in his area. When you're on the job or have a leadership role, you can't go around saying offensive things.

My initial post on this thread said that this guy is clearly not capable of critical thinking. Anyone with even a little intelligence knows you can't go around saying whatever you like and not expect some backlash. It's just not a very enlightened thing to do.
So quoting bible scripture is now not critical thinking and everyone in a leadership role must have liberal beliefs.

I'm not a very religious person, but I find it best not to persecute others for their beliefs.

Old 01-08-2015, 08:12 AM

Quote:
LMAO...priceless.

Sorry for doing that to you. I know it hurt.
Why would supporting equal rights hurt?

Every post of mine is usually boils down to equal rights, the problem some have is "equality" can be worse than the preferential treatment that is being received.

Like the ups thread recently moved talked about. Holding a pregnant woman to the same standard as everyone else made me an evil person.

Old 01-08-2015, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Why would supporting equal rights hurt?

Every post of mine is usually boils down to equal rights, the problem some have is "equality" can be worse than the preferential treatment that is being received.

Like the ups thread recently moved talked about. Holding a pregnant woman to the same standard as everyone else made me an evil person.
I'm joking. Calm down sir.

Old 01-08-2015, 08:21 AM

2,253 posts, read 2,520,575 times
Quote:
So quoting bible scripture is now not critical thinking and everyone in a leadership role must have liberal beliefs.

I'm not a very religious person, but I find it best not to persecute others for their beliefs.
Quoting the bible is the opposite of critical thinking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies