Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 03:19 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,289,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
What's the problem exactly?
If you have nothing to hide........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2015, 03:20 PM

13,648 posts, read 20,767,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dba07 View Post
Where do you guys get these ideas? France and Italy do have a militarized police branch, but you make it sound like a police state. That's nonsense. The US polixe are far more militarized and aggresive than Europe by far. Look at how they handled the boston marathon ffs.
Oh would you please calm down and check your nationalism.

I did not say anything about a police state.

Good grief...

Old 01-08-2015, 03:50 PM

825 posts, read 1,034,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Oh would you please calm down and check your nationalism.

I did not say anything about a police state.

Good grief...
No nationalism here. You and the poster you replied to were inferring things about Europe that I feel were inaccurate. You both alluded to a police state.

Old 01-08-2015, 03:51 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,799,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
I am a Parisian. You're in Louisiana. You probably never set foot here in your entire life.
I have, but quite a few years ago.
We didn't visit any ghettos.
My French wife keeps bugging me to go back.
Me, I'd rather go to a place with warm salt water.

Old 01-08-2015, 03:59 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,446,589 times
Someone is providing safe harbor.

They are protected.

But they have one pigeon in custody, he will crack and give up the goods.

Old 01-09-2015, 12:14 AM

2,185 posts, read 1,381,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
This morning on CNN they were describing some of the things hampering them in finding the suspects.
They said, one of the things hampering them, was neighborhoods that are too dangerous to go into. They were communities ruled and run from within. Police are not allowed in.
They may not be in Paris, per-say. But close proximity.
If CNN said it. it must be true, right ? The things americans believe about the rest of the world...

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM
My family name is Bordelon. My relatives' family names include Chiasson, Benoit, Prejean, & Babineaux. My dad and I have been to France. You should at least go to the linked sites, check the locations given (some listed as suburbs of Paris, not actually in Paris) before responding with absolute statements
I am not sure how family names are relevant but whatever.

DARN ! This is just too funny ! I see MY neighborhood listed :

Paris (75) Belleville
Atlas des Zones urbaines sensibles (Zus)

Ha ! This is too funny ! This neighborhood is so hip, like Brooklyn NYC, that young americans come party in Belleville/Menilmontant every thursday because it is full of nice bars and restaurants. I see cops here all the time.

Ille et Vilaine (35)Rennes
Maurepas.
When I was a kid I went there all the time to play basketball. I went back later and it is still a majority white area.

I went to all the parisian areas put on that list, and to several of those outside of Paris. Some are sketchy, a couple are dangerous, but none are no go islamic zones.

I respond with absolute statements because I can. No french person would believe this for a second. All this dude did was to gather a list of places with ethnic diversity. That's it. All those places listed are just places with sizable Arab or afro-caribbean populations. But white people are still the majority in many of those places. This is France after all.

France has its share of problems, and I would not live here permanently, but 751 no go autonomous islamic states located inside Paris or elsewhere is just not one of them.

Last edited by Sorel36; 01-09-2015 at 12:26 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies