Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 05:20 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,969,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
The EPA brown shirts will be reigned in very soon. Then off to abolish the Department of Education.
That would be two of the wisest things Congress could ever do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2015, 05:39 PM

57,279 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
There were laws regulating that. No one was enforcing them.
Yes the state, maybe we need to provide the EPA with more funding so they can provide the oversight that is sorely lacking in many states. The state of WV inspected the site but found no issues.

Old 01-08-2015, 06:12 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GABESTA535 View Post
Inhofe's campaigns are heavily funded by the oil and gas industry. There's massive quid pro quo going on here.
Inhofe has cashed in more than most from the fossil fuel barons.... ($1,531,500) Search | Dirty Energy Money - Oil Change International

Old 01-08-2015, 06:14 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Inhofe has cashed in more than most from the fossil fuel barons.... ($1,531,500) Search | Dirty Energy Money - Oil Change International
So you agree, the care of the nations environment shouldn't be left to a few well connected types who spend most of their time isolated in DC counting contribution money.

Old 01-08-2015, 06:19 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
How did Inhofe get appointed to the Environment and Public Works committee, can't wait to hear his side of the science.

We don't need any regulations impacting water supplies, totally out of touch.

Inhofe Lays Out Plan To Fight Obama’s EPA Regulations | The Daily Caller

Damn! Elections dooooo have consequences.

Old 01-08-2015, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
So you agree, the care of the nations environment shouldn't be left to a few well connected types who spend most of their time isolated in DC counting contribution money.
No, care of the environment should not be left up to idiots who believe that man cannot harm it because of the fairy tales they subscribe to...

“Genesis 8:22 that I use [in The Greatest Hoax] is that as long as the Earth remains there will be springtime, harvest, cold and heat, winter and summer, day and night. My point is, God's still up there, and the arrogance of people who think that we, human beings, would be able to change what he is doing in the climate is to me outrageous.” James Inhofe.

Old 01-08-2015, 06:23 PM

Quote:
No, care of the environment should not be left up to idiots who believe that man cannot harm it because of the fairy tales he subscribes to...

“Genesis 8:22 that I use [in The Greatest Hoax] is that as long as the Earth remains there will be springtime, harvest, cold and heat, winter and summer, day and night. My point is, God's still up there, and the arrogance of people who think that we, human beings, would be able to change what he is doing in the climate is to me outrageous.” James Inhofe.
Im glad we are on the same page to defund the EPA and let states and private property owners decide whats best.

Old 01-08-2015, 06:24 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,969,876 times
Quote:
No, care of the environment should not be left up to idiots who believe that man cannot harm it because of the fairy tales they subscribe to...

Well, then in that case, nobody can be counted on.

Politicians have never failed to do the wrong thing and pursue the ends of re-election rather than wisdom.

In that case, I'd rather have someone quoting the Bible and saying "leave it to the states, the arrogance of men in power is greater harm than anything else..."

Old 01-08-2015, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Im glad we are on the same page to defund the EPA and let states and private property owners decide whats best.
How did you come up with that? I really don't care as long as people who live in a make believe world are not in charge....It's your country, not mine and we have enough problems here in Canada with our evangelical AGW denying prime minister....

Old 01-08-2015, 06:36 PM

Quote:
How did you come up with that? I really don't care as long as people who live in a make believe world are not in charge....It's your country, not mine and we have enough problems here in Canada with our evangelical AGW denying prime minister....
All politicians live in a make believe world
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies