Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 05:04 PM

57,338 posts, read 26,255,278 times

Advertisements

The killing in Paris should be taken very seriously but he wants to return to the prior "interrogation" policies, does he not know what our actions for the past 10 years has produced. One of the terrorists responsible for the murders in Paris joined the movement because of our invasion of Iraq and the abuses at Abdu Ghraib. Does he think that a return to our polices will be anything short of disaster.

There is a shortage of investment in our national security structure?

Quote:
“Here at home, we must use this horrific attack as an opportunity to
reevaluate our own national security posture. I fear our intelligence
capabilities, those designed to prevent such an attack from taking place on our
shores, are quickly eroding. Through a combination of poor policy choices made
by the Obama Administration regarding detention and interrogation policies, and
budget cuts approved by the Congress with President Obama's support, I believe
our national security infrastructure designed to prevent these types of attacks
from occurring is under siege.

“President Obama should immediately change his interrogation and detention policies as we are gradually losing the ability to detect, disrupt and prevent future terrorist attacks. In addition, it is time to restore the necessary funding to our intelligence-gathering and national security operations.

Senator Lindsey Graham Issues Statement On Terror Attack In Pari - WJBF-TV ABC 6 Augusta-Aiken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2015, 05:06 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,294,108 times
Please. Obama only stopped "some" enhanced interrogation methods.

Old 01-08-2015, 05:11 PM

45,241 posts, read 26,477,444 times
What he really meant was:
"Here at home we need to use this incident on the other side of the planet as pretense to bend our people over harder,take more of their money, civil liberties and blood and feed it to the industrial military complex that has been helping me win elections all these years."

Old 01-08-2015, 05:34 PM

This is an overreach, while I am sure we will be the subject of another terror attack at some point but the security is in place and we need to maintain diligence. Still this was an attack in Paris, not in the US so let's have some perspective.

Old 01-08-2015, 05:39 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,975,546 times
I'm curious why anyone cares what that clown has to say...

Old 01-08-2015, 05:46 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,277,330 times
Lindsey Graham is crazy and becoming crazier by the day. He needs a good shrink. One theory is that he is planning to run for president so is trying to make himself appear more butch, though he makes a lovely Southern belle.

Lindsey Graham: France Attack Shows We're In A Religious War

Lindsey Graham: Obama’s Policies ‘Getting a Lot of People Killed’ | Mediaite

Old 01-08-2015, 06:06 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,671,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The killing in Paris should be taken very seriously but he wants to return to the prior "interrogation" policies, does he not know what our actions for the past 10 years has produced. One of the terrorists responsible for the murders in Paris joined the movement because of our invasion of Iraq and the abuses at Abdu Ghraib. Does he think that a return to our polices will be anything short of disaster.

There is a shortage of investment in our national security structure?

Senator Lindsey Graham Issues Statement On Terror Attack In Pari - WJBF-TV ABC 6 Augusta-Aiken

Here comes the upgrade to the enhanced police state.

Old 01-08-2015, 06:17 PM

1,442 posts, read 2,565,469 times
I agree with him - I guess you guys just want to lay down, roll over, and let them blow you up or chop your heads off. Just appease them and don't offend them, and they'll leave us alone. One of you says "look what these policies caused? It made one of these Paris nuts to join the terrorists" One question - did enhanced interrogation of known islamic terrorists cause Bin Laden to kill thousand of Americans in NY, DC and PA in one day? You all are too much.

Old 01-08-2015, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVAtoCNC View Post
I agree with him - I guess you guys just want to lay down, roll over, and let them blow you up or chop your heads off. Just appease them and don't offend them, and they'll leave us alone. One of you says "look what these policies caused? It made one of these Paris nuts to join the terrorists" One question - did enhanced interrogation of known islamic terrorists cause Bin Laden to kill thousand of Americans in NY, DC and PA in one day? You all are too much.
The US has been involved in many countries before 9/11, we may never know what particularly drove OBL. Invading countries that never did one thing to us, along with the way we went about it is the best way to create terrorists. I don't excuse or condone killing innocent people but the US has quite a history and our recent activities have definitely helped recruit and Lindsay's response is let's do it again.

We should be unified in addressing terrorism, it should be bipartisan rather than criticizing the president and second guessing the administration.

Old 01-08-2015, 06:48 PM

1,442 posts, read 2,565,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The US has been involved in many countries before 9/11, we may never know what particularly drove OBL. Invading countries that never did one thing to us, along with the way we went about it is the best way to create terrorists. I don't excuse or condone killing innocent people but the US has quite a history and our recent activities have definitely helped recruit and Lindsay's response is let's do it again.

We should be unified in addressing terrorism, it should be bipartisan rather than criticizing the president and second guessing the administration.
Hah - Obama's send'n em home faster than we can catch 'em. I would like it if there was a bipartisan effort to fight terrorism, but Obama would rather play golf, and free high level terrorists back to the battlefield where they can kill more of us. Maybe when we elect a president who actually cares about this country versus the Muslim Brotherhood, we can get something done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies