Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2015, 09:17 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
The loner single white male w undiagnosed Asperger's and a hate for authority.

Oh wait- this is probably the profile of many posters who are "pro-profiling" (for now....)
lol

In all fairness though, I think profiling works to a certain degree, but everybody is ticking time bomb.

I've stayed in Japan for over 8 years,There is a mind frame in Japan that Islam is a very narrow minded religion and one should stay away from it. There is systematic discrimination against Muslims in Japan and it is true.

I am not saying they are right and I do not support discrimination. But that is how Japan does things.

The Special Agent, otherwise known as a FBI profiler, creates criminal profiles using observations and statistical probability. The art of criminal profiling revolves around compiling a personality of the criminal and in-depth analysis based on how the crime was committed.

Behavior profiling perhaps works better in real life scenarios. In my opinion only.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2015, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecentlyMoved View Post
NYPD uses it - heavily. We may never find out how it works.
That is a fair statement.

Old 01-09-2015, 09:20 AM

2,253 posts, read 2,521,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
The left profiles too when it suits their purpose. Right after the Boston bombing a number of TV lefties were speculating that the bombing was probably the work of some nut-cake right wing group. They seemed to be disappointed when it didn't turn out that way.
they also say they're against profiling but the door to door searches w/o a warrant (direct violation of the constitution) was ok.

Old 01-09-2015, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
So, it's your belief that since profiling isn't 100% effective, it shouldn't be used?

Do you feel that the FBI wastes money and resources by using profilers?
No that is what I said. Don't ASSume too much.

The following is what I said

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post

In all fairness though, I think profiling works to a certain degree, but everybody is ticking time bomb.

I've stayed in Japan for over 8 years,There is a mind frame in Japan that Islam is a very narrow minded religion and one should stay away from it. There is systematic discrimination against Muslims in Japan and it is true.

I am not saying they are right and I do not support discrimination. But that is how Japan does things.

The Special Agent, otherwise known as a FBI profiler, creates criminal profiles using observations and statistical probability. The art of criminal profiling revolves around compiling a personality of the criminal and in-depth analysis based on how the crime was committed.

Behavior profiling perhaps works better in real life scenarios. In my opinion only.

Old 01-09-2015, 09:22 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
That is not politically correct. It could hurt a lot of feelings and abuse civil rights.
The better solution is to arm all people of the USA and let them keep an eye out and profile if they wish.
Your better solution sounds a tad like what Muslims in France achieved whereby 751 neighborhoods are " No Go Zones. Matters are left to the equivelent of a local cleric ( sheriff) who believes he answers to no one other than his God.

Old 01-09-2015, 09:30 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,276,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
The left profiles too when it suits their purpose. Right after the Boston bombing a number of TV lefties were speculating that the bombing was probably the work of some nut-cake right wing group. They seemed to be disappointed when it didn't turn out that way.
I was living in Boston at the time of the bombing. I heard ABSOLUTELY NO ONE on any cable, local or print media speculating this.

Please don't just make things. Many will think you are telling the truth because they don't know better.

Old 01-09-2015, 09:57 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,095,474 times
Quote:
I was living in Boston at the time of the bombing. I heard ABSOLUTELY NO ONE on any cable, local or print media speculating this.

Please don't just make things. Many will think you are telling the truth because they don't know better.
I heard a few commentators on MSNBC speculating to that effect. I have a pretty clear memory of this though I can't remember specifically who it was. Fortunately the police solved the case very quickly so that kind of speculation had a very short shelf life.

Old 01-09-2015, 10:34 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Your better solution sounds a tad like what Muslims in France achieved whereby 751 neighborhoods are " No Go Zones. Matters are left to the equivelent of a local cleric ( sheriff) who believes he answers to no one other than his God.
My solution is how free people remain free.
There is no comparison to attacking anyone.
Defense is not offense. Too many confuse that.

Old 01-09-2015, 10:38 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:

Both Ed Schultz and Chris Mathews, where wishing it be a right wing attack.
No Ed... No Chris, it was their Muslim brothers they constantly cover for. Blew their bubble.

via NewsBusters:
Chris Matthews: ‘Normally’ Domestic Terrorists ‘Tend to Be on the Far Right’

By Scott Whitlock | April 15, 2013
Just hours after explosions rocked the Boston Marathon on Monday, Chris Matthews speculated, "Normally domestic terrorists, people, tend to be on the far right."

Old 01-09-2015, 12:42 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,095,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Both Ed Schultz and Chris Mathews, where wishing it be a right wing attack.
No Ed... No Chris, it was their Muslim brothers they constantly cover for. Blew their bubble.

via NewsBusters:
Chris Matthews: ‘Normally’ Domestic Terrorists ‘Tend to Be on the Far Right’

By Scott Whitlock | April 15, 2013
Just hours after explosions rocked the Boston Marathon on Monday, Chris Matthews speculated, "Normally domestic terrorists, people, tend to be on the far right."
Thanks BentBow. Yes I remember now it was the on Chris Matthews show. "Hardball" I think it's called. He and a couple of guests were speculating on whether it was a right wing extremist operation to commemorate the Oklahoma City bombing which also took place on an April 15. I remember being surprised to hear this coming from Matthews who I had always considered sensible and fair minded. I never watched his show again after that.

Last edited by r small; 01-09-2015 at 01:09 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies