Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2015, 05:30 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
And the slippery slope has begun:

Let me get this straight, this guy writes a book based on his Christian faith, completely outside of his job, but he is fired because of his Christian beliefs? I find this to be a scary precedent towards a society that punishes you if you do not support homosexuality. Otherwise, it will be labeled as a form of discrimination.

The mayor defended the decision saying discrimination would not be tolerated, but how is believing that homosexuality a sin a form of discrimination? Freedom of religion is becoming a thing of the past if you don't support gays.

Atlanta Fire Chief: I was fired because of my Christian faith | Fox News
Your title is very dishonest. He wasn't fired for not supporting it, he was fired for handing out an offensive pamphlet to his co-workers that they complained about.

And calling gays sodomites and comparing them to pedophiles and bestiality is not a Christian virtue, so claiming its because of his "Christian faith" is nonsense.

I'm so tired of people using God and Christianity as justification for being truly sad excuses for human beings.

Old 01-09-2015, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
And all true.
Not in the slightest.

Old 01-09-2015, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
JThe Bible is crystal clear that homosexuality is an offense against God.
No it's not. You guys just butcher Romans and Corinthians to support your belief that it is. If God hates homosexuality so much, he shouldn't have created it in every species on Earth.

Old 01-09-2015, 06:33 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,291,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
And all true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Not in the slightest.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXr-nLock7k

Old 01-09-2015, 07:32 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
“What a sad era when it is easier to smash an atom than a prejudice.”
― Albert Einstein

Old 01-09-2015, 07:35 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Your title is very dishonest. He wasn't fired for not supporting it, he was fired for handing out an offensive pamphlet to his co-workers that they complained about.
Liberals and their PC, what's next, putting him to death to silence him.

Old 01-09-2015, 07:43 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCrossroads View Post
Well, he did describe homosexuality as sexual perversion: "Uncleanness – whatever is opposite of purity; including sodomy, homosexuality, lesbianism, pederasty, bestiality, all other forms of sexual perversion."

And the mayor's own statement:
Let's get this straight... no pun intended, GOD described homosexuality as sexual perversion. It is unnatural as God himself describes it in his word, so indirectly they fired God and rejected him.

Old 01-09-2015, 07:46 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Let's get this straight... no pun intended, GOD described homosexuality as sexual perversion. It is unnatural as God himself describes it in his word, so indirectly they fired God and rejected him.
“What a sad era when it is easier to smash an atom than a prejudice.”
― Albert Einstein

The inspiration of the bible depends on the ignorance of the person who reads it....... Robert G. Ingersoll

Old 01-09-2015, 07:51 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCrossroads View Post
Well, he did describe homosexuality as sexual perversion: "Uncleanness – whatever is opposite of purity; including sodomy, homosexuality, lesbianism, pederasty, bestiality, all other forms of sexual perversion."

And the mayor's own statement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Well, he essentially paraphrased the Christian bible. So anyone going to church needs to be fired too, and the author of the bible needs to be publicly vilified too..

Old 01-09-2015, 07:55 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,551 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
So, if you disagree with the Mayor and The Administration, you can NOT work for the City of Atlanta?
WOW, I am glad I don't live in Georgia, and never will!
I am also glad I am retired, so intolerant fools like that can have no control over what I say or do!
Technically, the fire chief works for the mayor, not the city of Atlanta as he is part of the Mayors administration.

Your comment is as silly as saying Barack Obama should have kept on the entire Bush White House.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies