Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2015, 09:54 AM

9,470 posts, read 6,966,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
LMAO!

Classic pnwmdk, provides biased definitions of terms already properly defined elsewhere and calls it definitive.

You would argue that 2 = 3 if you felt it was the right wing thing to do and no amount of math textbooks would dissuade you.

Freakin' classic. Can always count on you to absolutely divert from reality and insist everyone must join you on the trip.
So, I provided irrefutable logic and you had to resort to some insults since you had no rebuttal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2015, 09:55 AM

9,470 posts, read 6,966,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
So, for "other people" money not taken from them is "welfare", and for you, what money is not taken from you is "mine".

Amazing how that works.

Old 01-10-2015, 10:56 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
So, for "other people" money not taken from them is "welfare", and for you, what money is not taken from you is "mine".

Amazing how that works.

Amazing the strawmen you toss out so casually as if they had substance.

Old 01-10-2015, 03:25 PM

45,201 posts, read 26,417,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
What's a truly criminal notion is the taking of peoples' money to fight unnecessary wars of choice and to build other countries while our own is ignored.
Agree with the first part. The latter, government has no business being involved in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallsAngel View Post
What's with this "theft" business? Taxes are not theft.
Golly gee why not? If I take something from you without your consent is that theft? I think you'll agree it is.
Does possessing a government issued gun and uniform make me no less a thief?

Old 01-10-2015, 07:20 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Agree with the first part. The latter, government has no business being involved in.

Golly gee why not? If I take something from you without your consent is that theft? I think you'll agree it is.
Does possessing a government issued gun and uniform make me no less a thief?
You don't have any representatives in your city council, statehouse, US house and senate voting for you? Taxation without representation is tyranny! Who has shown up at your door with a govt-issue gun?

Old 01-10-2015, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallsAngel View Post
You don't have any representatives in your city council, statehouse, US house and senate voting for you? Taxation without representation is tyranny!
Nice side step

Old 01-10-2015, 07:39 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,518,844 times
or we could choose to not have our money go to wars or the paychecks of congress members. that would be great.

Old 01-10-2015, 07:49 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,518,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
No, we have no "collective responsibilities".

No such thing exists.
do you think a society full of broke, desperate, ignorant people is a safe one?

Old 01-10-2015, 09:14 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I love how you twisted the criminal notion that theft of other peoples wealth to pay for your special programs is an adult quality.
All Property, indeed, except the Savage's temporary Cabin, his Bow, his Matchcoat, and other little Acquisitions, absolutely necessary for his Subsistence, seems to me to be the Creature of public Convention. Hence the Public has the Right of Regulating Descents, and all other Conveyances of Property, and even of limiting the Quantity and the Uses of it. All the Property that is necessary to a Man, for the Conservation of the Individual and the Propagation of the Species, is his natural Right, which none can justly deprive him of: But all Property superfluous to such purposes is the Property of the Publick, who, by their Laws, have created it, and who may therefore by other Laws dispose of it, whenever the Welfare of the Publick shall demand such Disposition. He that does not like civil Society on these Terms, let him retire and live among Savages. He can have no right to the benefits of Society, who will not pay his Club towards the Support of it.

Old 01-10-2015, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
All Property, indeed, except the Savage's temporary Cabin, his Bow, his Matchcoat, and other little Acquisitions, absolutely necessary for his Subsistence, seems to me to be the Creature of public Convention. Hence the Public has the Right of Regulating Descents, and all other Conveyances of Property, and even of limiting the Quantity and the Uses of it. All the Property that is necessary to a Man, for the Conservation of the Individual and the Propagation of the Species, is his natural Right, which none can justly deprive him of: But all Property superfluous to such purposes is the Property of the Publick, who, by their Laws, have created it, and who may therefore by other Laws dispose of it, whenever the Welfare of the Publick shall demand such Disposition. He that does not like civil Society on these Terms, let him retire and live among Savages. He can have no right to the benefits of Society, who will not pay his Club towards the Support of it.
Sorry I didnt know Ben personally, but if I ever run into him on the other side, Ill let him know I disagree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies