Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2015, 10:40 AM

48,505 posts, read 96,717,436 times

Advertisements

Yep; that guy is in violation on charge on rude display of firearm calculated to alarm in Texas. They need to learn to read law before acting. You can't fix stupid as often pointed out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2015, 10:40 AM

57,108 posts, read 26,082,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Judging from that silly linked article and the reactions in this thread, the evidence points towards LOTS of folks "caring."

I say citizens exercising their 2A rights is a good thing.

I was thinking the same thing, isn't the OP a big 2A fan?

Why is this considered a gang but the good old boys did the same thing in Dallas in 2013 and threatened a group from the MDA yet they were just exercising their rights.

This is exactly what they want, more guns all the time.
Armed protesters rattle Texas moms' gun-control meeting

Old 01-10-2015, 10:46 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,497,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
They and their reputation are a threat to society. The fact that they're "patrolling" neighborhoods is scary enough. They ought to be arrested.
Do you feel that way when rednecks do the same?

Old 01-10-2015, 10:50 AM

48,505 posts, read 96,717,436 times
Hope they also know that they do not have same protection as law enforcement either under law. Such as use of force and no duty to retreat once allowed to protect themselves or others ;per supreme court. Looks like posing to me tho.

Old 01-10-2015, 10:54 AM

29,198 posts, read 22,289,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
The pictures depict these guys carrying their rifles in what could be considered a threatening manner. This is illegal in Texas. The proper way to legally carry a rifle is with a rifle sling, so your hands are not on the rifle. I wonder if police are afraid to confront this illegal method of carry, because of who they are.
It looked like they were simply carrying some of th rifles at port arms to me. That's the way the military usually carries rifles. A photo only captures a moment in time, too. It's impossible to know if the group was carrying their rifles slung for most of the day or not.
I have seen similar pictures of white Texans carrying their rifles in similar fashion.

Intimidation is a 2-way street. White guys carrying similar rifles in similar ways can also be seen as intimidating. Neither is breaking the 2nd Amendment, are they?

Old 01-10-2015, 11:24 AM

7,304 posts, read 6,899,196 times
I think it is a political tactic to get more gun laws written .
Panthers don't care about gun laws, nor rights, nor drug dealers ,except abusing their own over every one else.
Brandishing weapons like that, is done to intimidate the public like it is done in third world countries.
If laws get written to restrict this handling ,they will have accomplished their goal ,and do what they want any way.
The more of the public are forced to disarm the better , remember they are buddies with obama.

Old 01-10-2015, 11:29 AM

57,108 posts, read 26,082,987 times
Maybe this is the disorganized militia, but I don't think these are the same people from the Bundy Ranch

Old 01-10-2015, 11:46 AM

56,989 posts, read 35,140,670 times
We'll see what happens.

Old 01-10-2015, 11:52 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,915,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
why would anybody who supports gun rights have a problem with this? it's ok for other people to carry just not the NBP? as for not handling their guns the proper way, a great deal of people who own guns don't handle them properly this is why we have toddlers killing their mother at wallmart. along with thousands of accidental shooting and the rest of the bad that comes with gun ownership. gun rights are for everyone even if you don't like them or are worried about how they handle their weapons.
Most gun owners hunt "wild game." What do these gun owners hunt or kill?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Considering that most white police are only there to intimidate black neighborhoods and not to protect the residents for criminals I think these guys are doing a public service. I would not want to be a methed out drug dealer when these guys were around.
Has anyone ever asked why more black men don't become police officers? Wonder why the men in the black community are not counting on their own to take care of the streets, instead they're okaying "gang members" to do it??

Really can't understand why so many children grow up to be gang members, after all, the culture is certainly looked upon as being able to take care of business.

Old 01-10-2015, 11:57 AM

79,909 posts, read 44,105,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Most gun owners hunt "wild game." What do these gun owners hunt or kill?
Many have argued the right to own a gun for protection also. They are of course correct but all the same you don't get to decide what is proper for one while arguing others don't get to make the determination for you. (You as in the general sense as I'm not sure your position)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies