Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2015, 09:47 AM

293 posts, read 317,131 times

Advertisements

Daily thread to remind you all that red states take more than they give into our system.

Map: How much each state relies on the federal government for revenue - The Washington Post

What communists and leeches expecting handouts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2015, 09:49 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjthejetplane View Post
Daily thread to remind you all that red states take more than they give into our system.

Map: How much each state relies on the federal government for revenue - The Washington Post

Most Tea Party members are on some kind of government assistance, as well.

Freud called it Projection

Old 01-10-2015, 09:53 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,544,279 times
Conservatives are conservatives because they pay taxes consumed by the leeches.

Old 01-10-2015, 10:25 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Conservatives are conservatives because they pay taxes consumed by the leeches.
So how do you explain that those who rely most on Federal assistance are also the most conservative?

I believe the numbers qualify your statement as such: "The most conservative states are the biggest leeches"

Old 01-10-2015, 10:29 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,544,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
So how do you explain that those who rely most on Federal assistance are also the most conservative?

I believe the numbers qualify your statement as such: "The most conservative states are the biggest leeches"
It's the usual suspects who are leeches in Red States: minorities in the cities.

Old 01-10-2015, 10:31 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,820,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post

Red states are less dense requiring more funding for infrastructure
Red states have the majority of military and scientific bases, which are huge receivers of federal money
Red states also have the majority of farms which are subsidized to keep food prices low for people in blue states as well as red states.
Then you have funds like disaster relief which usually go more towards red states.
Need I go on?

Plus how you determine which state is red v blue is flawed. How the state voted for president isn't always the best indicator of red v blue.

Old 01-10-2015, 10:34 AM

5,189 posts, read 5,335,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
It's the usual suspects who are leeches in Red States: minorities in the cities.
I've worked off and on for more than a quarter century in social services determining eligibility for such programs as food stamps in three different states.

I can tell you from raw data and actual experience that this is not the case (my most recent job was for two years in a very rural county of my very red state--I was doing this job until one week ago when I took another job.)

In other words, your attempt to characterize the "leeches" even in red states as minorities from the biggest urban centers in those states could not be more wrong or full of horsepucky.

Old 01-10-2015, 10:36 AM

549 posts, read 456,882 times
Great! Can we now hope for liberals supporting elimination of the federal transfer payments, and making the states manage their finances?

Old 01-10-2015, 10:51 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjthejetplane View Post

So lets cut all off if OP agrees; both blue and red. Its that the message?

Old 01-10-2015, 10:52 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,141,698 times
The reality is that these states keep electing officials that that don't know how to make the state productive. Whether it's a general lack of education or just a poor understanding of economics, the individuals in these states keep preventing positive change to become highly functional economic societies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies