Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2015, 04:51 PM

57,022 posts, read 35,006,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
What you don't understand is that the Islamists have no problem fighting a perpetual war, and they have been doing it since the founding of Islam.

The history of Islam is a history of conquest. They have been slaughtering Christians and Jews for centuries. World domination is their goal, and they will stop at nothing to achieve it.
World history period is a history of conquest and perpetual war.
Quote:
So, in other words, you have no plan to deal with this, and you also refuse to identify the enemy (most likely out of ignorance of Islam, or out of fear).

I have already served my country. I'm a Vietnam vet. And you? What have you done for your country?
I've never done anything for my country.
Quote:
Are you as ignorant as you seem to be?
Yep. Actually even more ignorant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2015, 04:51 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,429,534 times
Quote:
No they weren't! Who told you that? They didn't even surrender after Hiroshima. That's why we bombed Nagasaki.

Where did you learn your history?
July 1945 - Japan's peace messages

Still, the messages from Togo to Sato, read by the U.S. at the time, clearly indicated that Japan was seeking to end the war:

July 11: "make clear to Russia... We have no intention of annexing or taking possession of the areas which we have been occupying as a result of the war; we hope to terminate the war".
July 12: "it is His Majesty's heart's desire to see the swift termination of the war".
July 13: "I sent Ando, Director of the Bureau of Political Affairs to communicate to the [Soviet] Ambassador that His Majesty desired to dispatch Prince Konoye as special envoy, carrying with him the personal letter of His Majesty stating the Imperial wish to end the war" (for above items, see: U.S. Dept. of State, Potsdam 1, pg. 873-879).
July 18: "Negotiations... necessary... for soliciting Russia's good offices in concluding the war and also in improving the basis for negotiations with England and America." (Magic-Diplomatic Summary, 7/18/45, Records of the National Security Agency, Magic Files, RG 457, Box 18, National Archives).
July 22: "Special Envoy Konoye's mission will be in obedience to the Imperial Will. He will request assistance in bringing about an end to the war through the good offices of the Soviet Government." The July 21st communication from Togo also noted that a conference between the Emperor's emissary, Prince Konoye, and the Soviet Union, was sought, in preparation for contacting the U.S. and Great Britain (Magic-Diplomatic Summary, 7/22/45, Records of the National Security Agency, Magic Files, RG 457, Box 18, National Archives).
July 25: "it is impossible to accept unconditional surrender under any circumstances, but we should like to communicate to the other party through appropriate channels that we have no objection to a peace based on the Atlantic Charter." (U.S. Dept. of State, Potsdam 2, pg. 1260 - 1261).
July 26: Japan's Ambassador to Moscow, Sato, to the Soviet Acting Commissar for Foreign Affairs, Lozovsky: "The aim of the Japanese Government with regard to Prince Konoye's mission is to enlist the good offices of the Soviet Government in order to end the war." (Magic-Diplomatic Summary, 7/26/45, Records of the National Security Agency, Magic Files, RG 457, Box 18, National Archives).
President Truman knew of the messages' content, noting, for instance, in his diary on July 18, "Stalin had told P.M. [Prime Minister Churchill] of telegram from... Emperor asking for peace" (Robert Ferrell, ed., Off the Record - the Private Papers of Harry S. Truman, pg. 53).

Old 01-11-2015, 04:52 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,389,283 times
Quote:
What you don't understand is that the Islamists have no problem fighting a perpetual war, and they have been doing it since the founding of Islam.

The history of Islam is a history of conquest. They have been slaughtering Christians and Jews for centuries. World domination is their goal, and they will stop at nothing to achieve it.

Nuke em. Now why didn't we think of that earlier. Your solution is so simple that a "cave man" would have thought of it. But it wasn't a cave man, it was you, and you deserve full credit for solving this complex geopolitical problem. Keep that thinking cap on, your country may need you in the future to resolve other issues that may arise.
And thank you for your service in Vietnam

Semper Fi

Old 01-11-2015, 04:56 PM

29,381 posts, read 16,302,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
A blog that cites its sources. Can you impeach any of the sources?
Let me be more defined.

Your blog does not state that the Japanese were offering surrender, a Peace treaty is nor surrender, especially when the only person you are offering peace to is a country you already have nuetrality with (USSR).

You article mentions nothing about a surrender to the United States, or to its Allies other than a failed vote for surrender that was 12-3-1.

that better for you ?

Old 01-11-2015, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Your blog does not state that the Japanese were offering surrender, a Peace treaty is nor surrender, especially when the only person you are offering peace to is a country you already have nuetrality with (USSR).

You article mentions nothing about a surrender to the United States, or to its Allies other than a failed vote for surrender that was 12-3-1.
My mistake. Rather than "surrender terms" I should've said "peace terms that amounted to capitulation but fell short of unconditional surrender." I stand by the larger point.

Old 01-11-2015, 05:12 PM

29,381 posts, read 16,302,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
My mistake. Rather than "surrender terms" I should've said "peace terms that amounted to capitulation but fell short of unconditional surrender." I stand by the larger point.
Your blog doesnt even say that.

It made it sound more like they wanted peace with the Soviets as a mutual defense pact. Your blog makes none of the points you claimed it did.

Old 01-11-2015, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Your blog doesnt even say that.

It made it sound more like they wanted peace with the Soviets as a mutual defense pact. Your blog makes none of the points you claimed it did.
"In the meantime, the Japanese government was attempting to persuade the Soviet Union to mediate a peace for Japan that would not be unconditional."

Sounds pretty clear to me.

Old 01-11-2015, 06:03 PM

7,469 posts, read 6,188,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It's funny how beheadings are bad but nuclear weapons are good.
Nukes are more efficient.

Old 01-11-2015, 06:08 PM

7,469 posts, read 6,188,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALackOfCreativity View Post
Who do you target though? The people doing this aren't a nation state but private citizens.
Just pick one of the muslim countries, Saudi Arabia will do and nuke it massively . Then send a message to the remainder what the consequences will be on the next act of terrorism. And follow through on the threat.

Old 01-11-2015, 06:23 PM

30,421 posts, read 20,194,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
There was shock and awe alright....with the american people. How could we be so stupid to get into a war we didn't need to start. What exactly did this do for us....absolutely nothing.
Wait a minute; WE started this war???? Really? What was 9/11, in your opinion? Was that not a direct attack against the United States? Now, tell me again; who started this war?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies