Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2015, 04:26 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,086,894 times

Advertisements

Actually... I don't violate multiple laws everyday... I'm even careful of the vehicle code because Im held accountable on or off duty ... as all police are... last year I installed dashcams in my personal vehicles to keep me from knowingly violating the vc.... tickets can result in us losing our jobs.

The law does allow a citizen to technically resist unlawful application of force upon them... but for obvious reasons it is not wise to do so.. nor would I ever advise same. It is also a serious crime for me to assault someone under color of authority

One outcome of this situation could have been a completely compliant citizen who never would have had force used upon him... yes.. he did choose to resist... but his resistance was deemed excusable because the officer did not act reasonably...

The law does allow us to use only that amount of force which is reasonable, necessary,and fully justified by the circumstances.... I think it is obvious from the video that those precepts didn't occur properly. We are also extensively educated on the use of force continuum... starting with verbal... then control holds.. then less than lethal.. gas..pepper.. taser..rubber bullets.. then... impact weapons.. baton ..flashlight.. asp.. then potential deadly force..head strikes..then deadly force..firearms..
This is a fluid model.. it can go from one to another instantly
On my department any use of force is thoroughly documented.. and reviewed.. including an interview of the citizen it was used upon... it sounds like this occurred in this case and the officer was deemed to have violated policy

Don't fight with people who have the power of life and death..use process to state your case and prevail if you are correct.

Police are injured 24/7 by non compliant citizens.. rarely are they held accountable for this.. assaults on police are routinely dropped in plea bargaining... for disorderly or some other minor charge
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2015, 06:59 PM

32,024 posts, read 36,782,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
This 73 year old old "perp" hadn't violated any laws and there was no reason to arrest or lay hands on him.
Suspected perp, then. Maybe he hadn't actually done anything wrong but he still apparently gave the officer reason to believe he might have.

Then he compounded the situation by complaining and acting like he hadn't done anything wrong. When the officer told him he was under arrest he just kept on talking and claimed he had dealer plates. Failure to comply with a lawful order is begging for trouble.

Old 01-11-2015, 04:47 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,345,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
I saw some huge tactical errors which I would not have taught to any of my trainees... while I won't disclose them here let's say the mistakes happened before the traffic stop started and continued to the unnecessary ending

This ex officer will never pass another background and will never see a job as an Leo... I would be interested in his academy training .. his on the job training ..and how his fto educated him. Some small departments have very short training programs because of budget
There will be a successful lawsuit and settlement...As there should be

Whatever anyone wants to say here... this is a rare incident... in the hundreds of thousands of traffic stops we successfully conclude every day

We lose our jobs and freedom over bad decisions.. as it should be
In this case I would see the prosecutor electing to charge him... and a jury convicting him...if he is found guilty

As far as him not being fired quickly enough for you there's lots of factors for that ... due process being a major one so he can be legally fired.. he was off the street and even if on paid admin leave would have to repay any salary once found guilty... from what I can tell the department acted appropriately and quickly

If you are found guilty tomorrow will you lose everything ?... I doubt it...
This guy will be pumping your gas after he gets to do time in county jail...

The op has shown an agenda...
I could easily post.. citizen seriously injures police officer ... which happens many times a day

Doesn't quite have the same jazzy snap does it....

Quote:

Hahahaha.....thanks for that post. I enjoy comedy. The Jack Booted Thug of today is usually granted the protection of The Thin Blue Line.

Still waiting for justice after SWAT team member kills innocent grandfather - The Washington Post

911 audio: Massachusetts State Trooper shoots 66-year-old Norton woman in "hunting accident" - News - The Taunton Daily Gazette, Taunton, MA - Taunton, MA

Quote:
Norton Police spokesperson Lt. Todd Jackson said no violations have been found and no charges will be filed against John Bergeron, 50.

Of course no charges have been filed because the perp is a Jack Booted Thug. However, here's how it works for the Serfs who don't enjoy the same liberties:

Man Accidentally Shot By Hunter In Barnstable « CBS Boston

Run someone over in your car? Well.....no harm/no foul of course:

Police Officer Will Not Be Charged In Killing Of Napster Executive - Business Insider

Commit multiple felonies by perjuring yourself for years on gun applications? Well.....that's perfectly fine if you're a cop of course.

http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/ne...ts-gun-license

Old 01-11-2015, 04:54 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,086,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Hahahaha.....thanks for that post. I enjoy comedy. The Jack Booted Thug of today is usually granted the protection of The Thin Blue Line.

Still waiting for justice after SWAT team member kills innocent grandfather - The Washington Post

911 audio: Massachusetts State Trooper shoots 66-year-old Norton woman in "hunting accident" - News - The Taunton Daily Gazette, Taunton, MA - Taunton, MA

Of course no charges have been filed because the perp is a Jack Booted Thug. However, here's how it works for the Serfs who don't enjoy the same liberties:

Man Accidentally Shot By Hunter In Barnstable « CBS Boston

Run someone over in your car? Well.....no harm/no foul of course:

Police Officer Will Not Be Charged In Killing Of Napster Executive - Business Insider
Aw.. did we get a traffic cite from officer meanie?

Horrible.. what a travesty.. oh my god.. fry every one of them...
I think you've had your share of bashing for the morning .. anyone can Google..want to read about innocent coppers being killed.. jeesh.. a little too much bud for you this morning... try to comment on this incident in some form
Back to your computer screen in your underwear ...all will be OK..promise

Most citizens when run through use of force courses elect to use force far more quickly and far more deadly than officers.. try going on a ridealong with BPD... oops that is harder than spouting off and actually learning something

Last edited by notmeofficer; 01-11-2015 at 05:08 AM..

Old 01-11-2015, 05:20 AM

Quote:
I think you've had your share of bashing for the morning .. anyone can Google..want to read about innocent coppers being killed.. jeesh.. a little too much bud for you this morning... try to comment on this incident in some form
Deflection fail, officer. Obviously you don't want to read about not so innocent coppers getting away with murder (literally). I know you guys get butt hurt when anyone has the "unmitigated gall" to actually call out the saintly saints in blue when they get a free pass for violating the law. It's understood.

Old 01-11-2015, 05:24 AM

Quote:

Most citizens when run through use of force courses elect to use force far more quickly and far more deadly than officers.. try going on a ridealong with BPD... oops that is harder than spouting off and actually learning something
Nice edit...adding the officer meanie thing. FYI: I've never been convicted of a crime in my life and I haven't had a traffic citation in 20 years. However, we all know that anyone who discusses police misconduct and the fact that many cops are complete scum bags on a power trip HAS to be a criminal who hates the police because they've been busted. Not so much....
I went on a ride along with the local PD. It was a joke. Most armed citizens I know have a far higher level of restraint than cops because they know they won't get a free pass like the cops do if they use lethal force. For instance, a cop will draw his gun if he even feels threatened. A citizen would be charged for that (in Mass anyway) so they would never draw unless there was a definite threat of serious harm or death.

Old 01-11-2015, 08:11 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:

I think you've had your share of bashing for the morning .. anyone can Google..want to read about innocent coppers being killed..

The BIG difference is no one is ever allowed to get away with that.

Quote:
jeesh.. a little too much bud for you this morning... try to comment on this incident in some form

This is probably true but in no way excuses the police when they are the one that crosses the line. This seems to be a common excuse. "Yeah, he pounded the **** out of the guy but do you know how many times people hit police officers"?

Sorry, it's not a valid excuse to sweep the abuse under the rug.

Old 01-11-2015, 05:39 PM

6,795 posts, read 7,288,026 times
Quote:
I saw some huge tactical errors which I would not have taught to any of my trainees... while I won't disclose them here let's say the mistakes happened before the traffic stop started and continued to the unnecessary ending

This ex officer will never pass another background and will never see a job as an Leo... I would be interested in his academy training .. his on the job training ..and how his fto educated him. Some small departments have very short training programs because of budget
There will be a successful lawsuit and settlement...As there should be

Whatever anyone wants to say here... this is a rare incident... in the hundreds of thousands of traffic stops we successfully conclude every day

In this case I would see the prosecutor electing to charge him... and a jury convicting him...if he is found guilty

As far as him not being fired quickly enough for you there's lots of factors for that ... due process being a major one so he can be legally fired.. he was off the street and even if on paid admin leave would have to repay any salary once found guilty... from what I can tell the department acted appropriately and quickly

If you are found guilty tomorrow will you lose everything ?... I doubt it...
This guy will be pumping your gas after he gets to do time in county jail...

The op has shown an agenda...
I could easily post.. citizen seriously injures police officer ... which happens many times a day

Doesn't quite have the same jazzy snap does it....
The only reason there is any action on this kind of thing is because the public is pissed off. Bully cops using brutality on the public is still a common occurrence and the advent of mobile recording devices are making it to the internet with such frequency that the people now are beginning to see the truth.
Rare incident my azz.

Old 01-11-2015, 05:43 PM

6,795 posts, read 7,288,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
If this perp hadn't violated the law he wouldn't have found himself under arrest in the first place.

Then he made it worse by choosing to resist arrest.
I think I saw you in a movie chanting Brondo has electrolytes?

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...83339334,d.eXY

Old 01-11-2015, 05:46 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
COP WHO KILLED KELLY THOMAS SEEN IN RESTAURANT, AMERICANS MAKE HIM LEAVE

Cop Who Killed Kelly Thomas Seen in Restaurant, Americans Make Him Leave | Filming Cops

The Murder of Kelly Thomas | Filming Cops
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies