Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2015, 10:33 AM

1,364 posts, read 2,917,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post

you don't debate, you point fingers and refuse to look at any other point of view....no sire, I'm done.

I knew better to begin with after reading some of your posts...it's a big waste of time.
I don't debate? You're the one crying and taking your ball home. Maybe you should take your advice that you throw around all the time and Grow Up. LEO should be following all the laws to a tee if the public has too also. Actually they are the ones modeling how people should act and they don't do a very good job at it.

Last edited by R.J. MacReady; 01-16-2015 at 10:46 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2015, 10:37 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Yes I know. Sometimes the quote function gets messed up.

Old 01-16-2015, 10:39 AM

[quote=pknopp;38047013]
Quote:

From the beginning of taxes people have hated tax collectors. If we want police officers to be better liked and have less conflict quit making them tax collectors.

Yes!

Old 01-16-2015, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Yes I know. Sometimes the quote function gets messed up.
I realized that after posting about it Deleted my post but see you saw it. Do the mods know the quote function is not working properly and doing something about it? It can make things very confusing and people who come into the thread later on will be lost or think somebody is saying something they aren't.

Old 01-16-2015, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.J. MacReady View Post
I realized that after posting about it Deleted my post but see you saw it. Do the mods know the quote function is not working properly and doing something about it? It can make things very confusing and people who come into the thread later on will be lost or think somebody is saying something they aren't.

It happens from time to time. But back on topic, I don't hate all cops! There are good ones, and bad ones! But there is no mistake we are becoming more of a police state, with things like the Patriot Act and a trumped up drug war! It has given them carte blanche to harrass people at will. We still have due process in this country, and are innocent until proven guilty. In the case of the older gentleman getting tased over an expired tag, or being arrested for it, where is the cop in trying to diffuse the situation without having to become aggressive? Don't they teach that anymore? It doesn't help that we the people continue to vote their bosses that implement such policies! At any rate, that premise of "well if you haven't done anything wrong, then you have nothing to worry about" doesn't fly with me!

Old 01-16-2015, 11:15 AM

I don't hate cops either. I hate bad behavior and double standards. It's inane that people will label you a cop hater if you point fingers at any corruption they are involved with which happens quite often. Would never give a cop a hard time and would actually help one out if he was being beaten by a perp. But of course since I post about negative stories I'm a cop hater. Funny how that goes.

I agree with you browns.......you can still be harmed by the police if you are a law abiding citizen. There are dozens of accounts of swat teams raiding the wrong place because they read the address incorrectly or went to the wrong house. I've seen videos of this happening and it's truly frightening. To add insult to injury they don't pay for any damages they do to the wrong homes they invade. Something is not right there.

Old 01-16-2015, 11:28 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,281,720 times
Quote:
the officer didn't taze the man for driving with an expired license....that is a lie

he tazed the man b/c the man refused to put his hands behind his back and be hand cuffed.....
He resisted the cop and was very vocal towards the cop....

I watched the video, and if the man, would have allowed the cop to ask questions and he would have answered them, all would have been fine, instead the man fought the cop....
and I don't care if your 5 years old or 75 years old, if a cop gives you instructions, you follow them, and this old man did not...period! He actually threw his body back, onto the cop, while the cop was trying to handcuff him for disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.
The man is 75 years old. If you can't ****ing handle a 75 year old man at 23 than you are in the wrong profession. There was no reason to handcuff a man for an expired tag.

Old 01-16-2015, 11:34 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,087,312 times
As is all police bashing threads..

Where do our applicants come from

Cha ching you all !!!

We cant get enough qualified people because "you" all want to use drugs,alcohol, cigarettes, commit crimes, act stupid, cant drive, didnt care about your education, who cant keep your social or financial life together, who cant get along with others, are sick physically, are psycho mentally, and the myriad of other social ills (lying as acceptable life behavior being a huge one) humans do that make them less than ideal candidates for jobs that require the upmost integrity

So.. we take choir boys ...momma's boys... single moms .. garbage collectors (the non human type).. people who want a steady job but aren't passionate about being police... and we mold them into one.. taking into account some of a person's individuality but requiring unity

Hopefully we build passion. instill integrity.. although that comes long before the job.. get them in some modicum of shape so they dont look like doughnut holes and have heart attacks on the job

Then we invest 35-50k in them to get them through the following;

Oral interview
Written exam
Psychological exam
Physical agility test
An arduous stress medical background
A polygrapgh or VSA
A thorough background many times going back to their childhood.. social educational driving etc
An academy.. six months for professional departments
One to several years in custody (on my department) before patrol.. learn how to deal with people in controlled settings
One year of probation
Patrol school
Six months with an fto
Numerous training and testing requirements
Off training reports
Numerous on going reports on performance.. numerous actions of on-going testing
Recurrent drug testing
Recurrent driving record pull
Recurrent financial disclosures

At any point during the probationary period you can be fired without cause

At any point post probation you can be;

Given verbal or written warning permanently attached to your personnel record.. which stays with you forever and can stop a promotion or transfer
Required to successfully pass retraining
Required to submit to psychological exam
Medical exam for cause
Ordered to anger management, stress management, etc classes
Be immediately terminated for a dirty drug test.. any illegal drug or steroid
Receive up to thirty days off unpaid for violations of the policy and procedures manual.. in my case about 5000 pages..
anything from a dirty uniform to unecessary use of force
Over thirty days suspension is automatic termination

Then we fire you
Submit you for prosecution
Imprison you
Hate you because you made the rest of us look bad and because you are dirtbag in our midst and you forgot the traditon of service and ethics and what the core of being "police" is all about.. protect and serve arent just words.. they are a lifestyle

And then you get out and you're just like all the other dirtbags we get to deal with..or as in many case just like the rest of society and the rest of "you".... thats because we are "you"

Thankfully there are still good people who come forth for public service.. unfortunately we would like to hire more military but they cant pass all of the above.. what does that say about our world..

Look in the mirror... you

100 pound women and 75 year olds can still kill you.. so.. if you have never been in a drag down fight.. or even struggle to get handcuffs on someone without hurting them.. come ON DOWN heros

One day we will have social engineering and phasers on stun... until then policing can be brutal and force on force can be deadly

I have never hurt anyone who didnt do something to force me into using force.. never..
Departments pay millions out to settle cases.. so saying they dont is BS... but if "you" hurt me... chances are Ill never see a dime from "you"

Last edited by notmeofficer; 01-16-2015 at 12:42 PM..

Old 01-16-2015, 12:39 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,087,312 times
Tone... you cannot hear tone over the internet,, so what you are hearing is your own preconceived muses.. as is attitude.. and other things that can only be judged face to face

I suggest you check yourself.. actually I see your post is gone.. good call

What I posted is real...

Also.. police bashing is why coppers dont come to CD.. because it doesnt matter what any of us say.. some knucklehead out there with an ax to grind will come up with stories to support their many times sick and twisted ideologies

I dont like cop crooks.. I will gladly put any of them in jail

I dont like dirtbags.. I will gladly put any of them in jail

The rest of the 85-90 percent of the world.. I just want to try to keep them safe from the other aholes...

So.. stop directing your comments and making it personal

look in the mirror.. you

man up.. I accept apologies

Old 01-16-2015, 12:56 PM

I deleted my message as I can see there is no benefits of debating with you. If you read my earlier posts you know where I stand. The truth is I found your post to be condescending especially throwing around digs and insults. You don't seem very grounded in reality as you bash us calling people "dirtbags" and your lovely reasons why nobody wants to be a cop and calling us all criminals with veiled insults. This speaks volumes:

Quote:
We cant get enough qulaified people because "you" all want to use drugs,alcohol, cigarettes, commit crimes, act stupid, cant drive, didnt care about your education, who cant keep your social or financial life together, who cant get along with others, are sick physically, are psycho mentally, and the myriad of other social ills (lying as acceptable life behavior being a huge one) humans do that make them less than ideal candidates for jobs that require the upmost integrity
Most of cops I know do many of these behaviors. You really like to look down at people and I find that sad. I'm not bashing but I know it's difficult to hear constructive criticism. I have at least 300 corrupt police stories I could share but it's not going to do any good as you don't seem open to debate and want to call anybody who thinks differently than you a "cop hater". That's odd as I have a friend who is a cop and two who are ex cops. Think I'd stay away from them if I hated cops. You can't get enough qualified people because people don't want to join a corrupt profession, they have set the IQ qualifications way too low, and the many many articles (with proof) of police corruption and being caught in lies (something you state doesn't happen and shows you have a slanted view).

Not all cops are bad but you are making it sound like all cops are good which you know isn't true. I've never been in trouble with the law, have worked alongside LEO, and have done a ton for my community. I'm pretty boring to be honest as I don't drink or do drugs. I haven't even had a speeding ticket after 25 years of driving. Why the insults because I don't agree with you? That's why I pointed out that how you come off isn't very pleasing. I'm sure you'd rather I scream, swear, and say stupid stuff but the reality is that I'm a free thinker and go by substantial evidence on issues. Good luck to you in your profession and I hope you are a good cop. And sorry no apologies for expressing my thoughts and perceptions just as you are doing.

Last edited by R.J. MacReady; 01-16-2015 at 01:12 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies