Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2015, 10:14 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,819,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
And you go on the deflection, nice try. I am not the one who just equated a woman's body to money.
You are the one the equates one life to cash and how we should all just pray for good the graces of the people threatening our lives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2015, 10:22 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
And being unarmed guaranteed the others a quick death as well. But if a second person was armed they would have had a better chance.
Is the image on the right suppose to be a terrorist sniper shooting people like the DC Sniper?

Old 01-12-2015, 10:30 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,798,868 times
Quote:
You are the one the equates one life to cash and how we should all just pray for good the graces of the people threatening our lives.
With respect to the followers of the 2nd beating off the evil ones you folk need to go off and watch the tapes from Westgate in Kenya. It is really scary. And, as in Mumbai, the LEOs quit. When it gets down to naked small arms battles with an adversary willing and able to die trying to kill you the vigor of the LEOs seems to vanish.

The authorities, after an unconscionable delay, ended the siege with a heavy rocket that destroyed the facility. One presumes they did that because their infantry would have none of it...again like Mumbai.

So we really see the problem. A small number of ready to die infantrymen can hold off a nation. And the nation cannot call the question.

Interesting question. What would have happened if someone fired in the Bundy standoff? Would the Feds have run? Or would Metro have sent a few hundred heroes off to meet their maker?

Old 01-12-2015, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Last time I checked, my life is worth more than what is in a cash register. I use to have a job where we had a small money bank that we used during work. The first thing they would tell us, if anyone tries to rob the hotel, you give them the money. No life is worth losing over $250.

Old 01-12-2015, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Last time I checked, my life is worth more than what is in a cash register. I use to have a job where we had a small money bank that we used during work. The first thing they would tell us, if anyone tries to rob the hotel, you give them the money. No life is worth losing over $250.
And your betting your life on the graciousness of the person holding a gun to your head.

I'll take the fighting chance for $200 Alex.

Old 01-12-2015, 11:02 PM

Quote:
And your betting your life on the graciousness of the person holding a gun to your head.

I'll take the fighting chance for $200 Alex.
And you would be risking your own life to protect a couple hundred dollars that isn't yours and that is insured. Our night auditor was robbed a couple times over the years I was there. Guess how many times the robber killed him because he was unarmed and handed over the money? You guessed it, zero.

It is easy to play armchair hero when someone isn't pointing a gun at you telling them to give you a couple hundred dollars that isn't even yours and is insured. Only a total moron would try to pull out a gun to defend that money.

Old 01-12-2015, 11:05 PM

15,526 posts, read 10,496,731 times
"The 2nd Amendment Helps Prevent Things Like the Paris Attack"

I agree. Even my mom could have taken out those two who shot the Paris cop. One of them anyway .

Old 01-12-2015, 11:07 PM

Quote:
And you would be risking your own life to protect a couple hundred dollars that isn't yours and that is insured. Our night auditor was robbed a couple times over the years I was there. Guess how many times the robber killed him because he was unarmed and handed over the money? You guessed it, zero.

It is easy to play armchair hero when someone isn't pointing a gun at you telling them to give you a couple hundred dollars that isn't even yours and is insured. Only a total moron would try to pull out a gun to defend that money.
You are not defending the money, you are defending yourself.

I'm not saying you should run into an empty room and start shooting a people because they are taking some money. But if someone has a weapon and is threatening to harm another it is completly the time to try and protect yourself or other who are likely to be harmed.

If you want to just stand there, great. That is your choice. Don't make that choice for someone else.

Old 01-12-2015, 11:11 PM

Quote:
You are not defending the money, you are defending yourself.

I'm not saying you should run into an empty room and start shooting a people because they are taking some money. But if someone has a weapon and is threatening to harm another it is completly the time to try and protect yourself or other who are likely to be harmed.

If you want to just stand there, great. That is your choice. Don't make that choice for someone else.
False, someone robbing a place wants the money. You give that person the money and they go away. You watch too many movies if you think the robber wants your life over the money.

Old 01-12-2015, 11:17 PM

Quote:
False, someone robbing a place wants the money. You give that person the money and they go away. You watch too many movies if you think the robber wants your life over the money.
You can feel free to take that risk.

No one dies in home invasions either
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies