Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2015, 12:50 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,679,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post

As we get older and have more to lose we start caring about the fact that others want to take away what we've worked hard for and start resenting people who didn't do the same who want what we've worked for.
That young guy I was talking about who is well on his way to building wealth. He said he noticed that when he went into business people laughed now he says they are now either trying to compete or asking him how to.

No one pays attention, even laughs at you when you are building it, but once you become a success they want a piece of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2015, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
You make 250k yo ass is rich.
Learn the difference between High Income and Rich (wealthy). Believe me, if you are high income, learn tax law and get tax advise, if you don't government will taketh away as much as they can, making it more difficult to build "wealth".

I still laugh at the flaming liberal guy I know who constantly complains that he will have to work until the day he died but then spouting all kinds of liberal rants, saying he should pay more in taxes. To each his own lol

Old 01-11-2015, 12:53 PM

1,862 posts, read 2,382,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi85 View Post
Do you agree with this statement?
My grandfather used to say this. I never asked him to elaborate because I never cared back then.
Regardless of any nation or culture a liberal can have a change of mind and heart and become conservative.
But the opposite can never happen.

From your own experience and noticing people around you has this happened?
I'm definitely more liberal now. My parents were very conservative and studied at one of the most conservative schools in the country (Grove City College).

I'm very much more liberal now than I was when I was younger.

You're grandfather was wrong.... at least in my case.

Old 01-11-2015, 12:58 PM

29,466 posts, read 16,461,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I already did, you disagree, lets see if you can see past "a number" and understand terms I've presented. Please, with your own words, no liberal, poor man propaganda.
You are arguing numbers and you are asking me to see past numbers ? You realize that right ?????

This also isnt a liberal/poor man agenda. My point was only to combat your argument that 450,000 is average. It is not. the majority of this nation isnt making ayywhere near 450,000. That is a fact.

Old 01-11-2015, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You are arguing numbers and you are asking me to see past numbers ? You realize that right ?????

This also isnt a liberal/poor man agenda. My point was only to combat your argument that 450,000 is average. It is not. the majority of this nation isnt making ayywhere near 450,000. That is a fact.
Yep, Can you see past the number? Can you think past the liberal rhetoric. Dig deeper in what happens to that number after all is said and done. Are you ASSuming that that person gets to keep every dime of that $450k? And go back and point out where I said $450k is average. Learn to read and comprehend. By the way, who wants to be average. I don't.

Old 01-11-2015, 01:04 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,883,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi85 View Post
Do you agree with this statement?
My grandfather used to say this. I never asked him to elaborate because I never cared back then.
Regardless of any nation or culture a liberal can have a change of mind and heart and become conservative.
But the opposite can never happen.

From your own experience and noticing people around you has this happened?
No. I was conservative on social issues and have moved to the left on those...

Old 01-11-2015, 01:06 PM

3,513 posts, read 6,363,953 times
How about David Brock -

Amazon.com: Blinded by the Right: The Conscience of an Ex-Conservative eBook: David Brock: Books

Old 01-11-2015, 01:08 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,810,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
What happens to conservatives who are poor? If they do not become liberals, do they acknowledge that they are deficient? Do they hate themselves for their deficiency?
That 'deficieny' would be your perception, perhaps deficient in itself. It's not your place to define the condition of another person, liberal or conservative, and especially not deficient.

Old 01-11-2015, 01:56 PM

32,010 posts, read 36,683,964 times
$450K is a comfortable income but I don't think many people would call it rich. By the time you pay taxes, make your charitable donations, send a couple of kids to college or private school and stoke away $100K for retirement you are not exactly rolling in dough.

Old 01-11-2015, 01:58 PM

3,830 posts, read 4,652,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
$450K is a comfortable income but I don't think many people would call it rich. By the time you pay taxes, make your charitable donations, send a couple of kids to college or private school and stoke away $100K for retirement you are not exactly rolling in dough.
What a hard life. Sounds like they need some welfare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies