Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2015, 01:13 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,645,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
I don't see how Obama talking about this is anything more than hot air. It is France's problem, and I think the French people spoke very clearly on this. I am glad he shut up and let the French speak to a French challenge. Sometimes keeping your mouth shut is the most respectful thing.

The French know we share their view with respect to Islamist terrorism.
After all below is an example of "President" Obama supporters. He won't get any of that over there competing with other leaders for the spotlight.

"Last month, a 44-year-old woman in Buffalo was quite taken by president Obama when she met him in a chicken wing restaurant called Duff’s. Did she say something about a pleasure and an honor to meet the man, or utter encouraging words for the difficult job he is doing? No. Quote: “You’re a hottie with a smokin’ little body.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2015, 01:19 PM

4,288 posts, read 2,049,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Frankly, 17 people shot dead by 3 disillusioned home grown criminals isn't enough reason for the US President to travel overseas. He has far bigger problems at home. With that said, sending Eric Holder over there was just a clown show. The US ambassador to France should be there to represent the USA. It's his job and that is what the rest of the world expects.

Furthermore, let the French mourn their dead. It's about them, not Obama.
I agree the president can't go every time there is a tragedy. I don't know why Holder didn't go as he was already there. Not that it is important but the US Ambassador to France is not a man.

Old 01-12-2015, 01:21 PM

4,288 posts, read 2,049,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
And what good would Obama marching in a French parade do against terrorism?
- Nothing would come out of it besides Obama waving and smiling at people on French streets.
The president could have taken some nice selfies with ex French president Sarcozy and his wife.

Old 01-12-2015, 01:24 PM

24,623 posts, read 19,092,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Why do you think he didn't go?
Because you kept screaming that America should not be the World's policeman.

France is a 1st World State and NATO member.

I'm sure they'll handle it.

If not, oh, well, I never did like Paris anyway....

Mircea

Old 01-12-2015, 01:30 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,224,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post

Conservatives, stick to what you're good at (whatever that is). Comedy isn't your thing.
Apparently its a liberal thing? I mean, because, sticking up for that punk in office takes good humor.

Old 01-12-2015, 01:30 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,194,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
Because it would be stupid to let terrorists dictate our president's movements just because they attacked somewhere else? Especially, if the attack in Paris was part of a plan to draw the president overseas so they could attack the funereal processions.

hahahahahaha
this is rich~~~

Old 01-12-2015, 01:34 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,194,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No idea why you felt compelled to mention race. I'd rather see the foreign heads of state fly here, than ours flying there for a Kumbaya march. They are flying here next month to discuss what kind action needs to be taken.

Action, not symbolism. Get it?

I guess you prefer having someone else play the music to dance to, rather than USA playing the music and others dance. I prefer us play the music. It's called leadership.

Greek Statues at Obama"s first election remember???
now THAT was symbolic
Obama is NO leader
he is a worthless POS
who sat home and watched frigging football

Old 01-12-2015, 01:37 PM

6,542 posts, read 6,696,903 times
Obama made sure his people were sent down to the funeral of the "gentle giant" in Ferguson.

Old 01-12-2015, 01:44 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,712,967 times
I didn't read the article, but it's funny to see so many people on here scurrying to protect Obama while the lead story on Google news is that Obama has admitted today that they completely screwed up.

The White House Admits Fault in Not Attending Paris Unity Rally - NBC News

I don't understand why Holder didn't go. He was in Paris at the time, but instead of attending the march, he was doing an interview with Meet the Press. This administration is full of idiots.

Old 01-12-2015, 01:48 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,587,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
I didn't read the article, but it's funny to see so many people on here scurrying to protect Obama while the lead story on Google news is that Obama has admitted today that they completely screwed up.

The White House Admits Fault in Not Attending Paris Unity Rally - NBC News

I don't understand why Holder didn't go. He was in Paris at the time, but instead of attending the march, he was doing an interview with Meet the Press. This administration is full of idiots.
Like I posted earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
"We ****ed up"- Josh Earnest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies