Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2015, 04:50 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Just another nitwit who's spent way too much time hidden away in academia.

They spout the strangest things sometimes.
So do most liberals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2015, 07:25 AM

78,326 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Liberals are like alcoholics.

You can't help them until they ask for it.

Otherwise, they are beyond any rational thought. They act on perceived emotion and if you disagree with them, then you are a racist, bigot and any other epithet they think of to hurl your way.
Far right Cons are the same zebra, just different stripes and epithets....ya bunch of communists.

Now, I'm gonna need to see your birth certificate.

Old 01-13-2015, 07:36 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,294,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
You know, I find myself turning away from the BS left and becoming more libertarian/conservative every day. I'm not prepared to vote GOP yet really, because their social policies on cannabis and gay rights still irk me, but I'm starting to see they have a point. And every time I, as a half black man from an East Coast ghetto, talks to white liberals about this, I get talked down to and lectured. Black folks are actually more apt to listen when I point out that we African Americans have been voting Democrat for 40 years and it hasn't gotten us jack, but white liberals? They stand on that high-horse and insist that I should be a good boy and do what Mr. Liberal massa tells me to or I won't get any grits (not in those words, but you get the idea)

Well, here is a video of one of those white Fergusson protestors telling a black cop who grew up in the deep south that he doesn't understand racism:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWqMYqFI2tg#t=55

My first thought is "wow, it isn't just me that has to put up with this stuff" and my second thought is, who is the real racist here? I have NEVER had a white conservative or libertarian talk down to me like that and the way some white liberals do.

We all know about the "magic Negro". But what about the "magic white lady"? The well meaning, pretty white person from a well-to-do family that stumbles upon a helpless and oppressed group of people of color and leads them to happiness by showing them the value of her own liberal system (i.e., Emma Stone in "The Help") the message is that African Americans are children who are incapable of running their own lives or liberating themselves and need white people to rule them for their own good. Sound familiar?

The White Man's Burden - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I talked to a black libertarian a few months ago and he said something that stuck with me: liberals believe that African Americans need a big government, run by white liberals, to run their lives and communities. Libertarians and conservatives both understand that the best thing to run the black community is THE BLACK COMMUNITY.

Seeing videos like this is making me realize more and more he was right.

And no, I am NOT TALKING about all white people who vote Democrat...just the loud and vocal minority of leftist activist types (and there is no shortage of them here in the Seattle area, let me tell you)

The whole OP post is a whole lot of nothing.

Vote how you want, but this idea that supporting Democrats is the downfall of black people is stupid crap.

Jewsish people support Democrats as well, why aren't they failing?

And if someone posted a video of a libertarian/conservative(rand Paul) elected official saying they wouldn't have voted for the 1964 civil rights bill.

Or what about just looking at who is in conservative leadership in the house a man who compared himself to David Duke, and said I'm like David Duke but without the baggage.

Or how about Senator Strom Thurmond getting on an elevator with the first and only Black female US Senator and saying I'm going to make her cry.

Or what about playing video from Dr Ben Carson saying the ACA bill was worse than slavery.

Or what about playing video from Ben Carson, Allen West, Clarence Thomas, hernan Cain, saying they got off the Democratic plantation, meaning the rest of black people are like slaves on a plantation.

I mean really. I could go on.

Last edited by Iamme73; 01-13-2015 at 07:53 AM..

Old 01-13-2015, 08:05 AM

12,038 posts, read 8,403,014 times
Ever since Lyndon Johnson uttered the words that his plan would keep Black people voting Democrat for decades I've been watching and noticing how the word "racism" is used. When it's used in politics it's used as a tool to manipulate people's behavior.

I suggest resistance to anyone whose motives are to manipulate. There's usually a self-serving component involved.

It is repugnant to have the word thrown around so casually and denigrates the genuine history of racism and the valid issues it has presented. Both the right and left are guilty of this.

The word as it has come to be used and abused is powerful but I think it has been so enthusiastically applied that it has had a numbing effect on many people. And for others it's become a dog whistle to rage and indignation.

To take a word like "racism" and turn it into a buzz word does people a disservice. And it is through those conditioned responses we try to communicate, completely missing the humanity behind each other's words.

Given the absurdity of the situation in the video I'd say it's just another case of trying to manipulate another person's behavior and thoughts because they aren't thinking and acting the way we think they should. And we all know how well that works out.

Old 01-13-2015, 09:32 AM

78,326 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
The whole OP post is a whole lot of nothing.

Vote how you want, but this idea that supporting Democrats is the downfall of black people is stupid crap.

Jewsish people support Democrats as well, why aren't they failing?

And if someone posted a video of a libertarian/conservative(rand Paul) elected official saying they wouldn't have voted for the 1964 civil rights bill.

Or what about just looking at who is in conservative leadership in the house a man who compared himself to David Duke, and said I'm like David Duke but without the baggage.

Or how about Senator Strom Thurmond getting on an elevator with the first and only Black female US Senator and saying I'm going to make her cry.

Or what about playing video from Dr Ben Carson saying the ACA bill was worse than slavery.

Or what about playing video from Ben Carson, Allen West, Clarence Thomas, hernan Cain, saying they got off the Democratic plantation, meaning the rest of black people are like slaves on a plantation.

I mean really. I could go on.
I'm shocked. Shocked I say.....that you would state that there is absolutely nothing wrong with how the democrats treat what is largely a gauranteed block of voters.

You are really missing the key point. It's not that they should be voting republican....it's that they don't get the attention they deserve because they're not going to vote republican and so they are often just given lip-service or scraps from the table where they have been a big contributor of votes.

If you listen closely, you'll hear the frustration in hushed terms or "code" because if you rock the boat too much you wind up like Cindy Sheehan....but it's there.

Old 01-13-2015, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I'm shocked. Shocked I say.....that you would state that there is absolutely nothing wrong with how the democrats treat what is largely a gauranteed block of voters.

You are really missing the key point. It's not that they should be voting republican....it's that they don't get the attention they deserve because they're not going to vote republican and so they are often just given lip-service or scraps from the table where they have been a big contributor of votes.

If you listen closely, you'll hear the frustration in hushed terms or "code" because if you rock the boat too much you wind up like Cindy Sheehan....but it's there.
You fail at reading comprehension.

Black people vote how they want. The idea that conservatives are better than the Democratic Party or that voting for Democrats is hurting black people is a dumb and false narrative.

This dumb thinking places the fate of black people in the hands of a political party, which again is a dumb and false idea.

Who is "they"? Who is "they" who seeks what attention?

You are throwing out meaningless nonsense. Write what you mean.

This idea that "they aren't getting the attention they deserve from the politicians they support" could literally be written about any group. Therefore it is meaningless blather.

If we want to know why black people vote for Democrats, you can read polling data on why they do so, and those reasons have nothing to do with the make believe fantasy bs coming from this thread.

The Democratic Party was the party the civil rights movement went to get passage of the civil rights bill. That's a huge part of it.

the Democratic Party is the party that has elected and put into leadership positions many, many, many, many,many more black people than the conservative party.

There are dozens of elected Democratic black mayors, there are a few dozen elected Democratic house of reps, in recent memory there have been 2 Democratic governors of states. Heck there is a great chance that we might have a black women in the Senate from California in 2016.

And who, do conservatives have very few elected officials, and of the actual elected officials none have national prominence, only Colin Powell and Condelezza Rice have good standing and name recognition with black Americans and neither one of them are involved in conservative politics.

This is a huge part of the appeal, it's not a secret, but dumb mfers keep telling themselves black people are too stupid, brainwashed, and on a plantation.

Old 01-13-2015, 10:52 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,700,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
You know, I find myself turning away from the BS left and becoming more libertarian/conservative every day. I'm not prepared to vote GOP yet really, because their social policies on cannabis and gay rights still irk me, but I'm starting to see they have a point. And every time I, as a half black man from an East Coast ghetto, talks to white liberals about this, I get talked down to and lectured. Black folks are actually more apt to listen when I point out that we African Americans have been voting Democrat for 40 years and it hasn't gotten us jack, but white liberals? They stand on that high-horse and insist that I should be a good boy and do what Mr. Liberal massa tells me to or I won't get any grits (not in those words, but you get the idea)

Well, here is a video of one of those white Fergusson protestors telling a black cop who grew up in the deep south that he doesn't understand racism:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWqMYqFI2tg#t=55

My first thought is "wow, it isn't just me that has to put up with this stuff" and my second thought is, who is the real racist here? I have NEVER had a white conservative or libertarian talk down to me like that and the way some white liberals do.

We all know about the "magic Negro". But what about the "magic white lady"? The well meaning, pretty white person from a well-to-do family that stumbles upon a helpless and oppressed group of people of color and leads them to happiness by showing them the value of her own liberal system (i.e., Emma Stone in "The Help") the message is that African Americans are children who are incapable of running their own lives or liberating themselves and need white people to rule them for their own good. Sound familiar?

The White Man's Burden - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I talked to a black libertarian a few months ago and he said something that stuck with me: liberals believe that African Americans need a big government, run by white liberals, to run their lives and communities. Libertarians and conservatives both understand that the best thing to run the black community is THE BLACK COMMUNITY.

Seeing videos like this is making me realize more and more he was right.

And no, I am NOT TALKING about all white people who vote Democrat...just the loud and vocal minority of leftist activist types (and there is no shortage of them here in the Seattle area, let me tell you)
I think if one thinks that they will find refuge from racism via any political party....they are sadly mistaken. To say you want to lean libertarian or Republican because of racism among liberals...is frankly makes no sense to me. Its like saying that you are tired of the Heat and humidity of Houston, so now you are looking to move to New Orleans or Miami. ..lol

Old 01-13-2015, 10:56 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Meh...i've had white conservative posters (who will go unnamed...for now) tell me that they're blacker than i am because they grew up poor and i didn't...

As if the only African American experience in this country is that of a poor person. One idiot told me i was living a "fringe lifestyle" as a black person because i live in the Southwest...as if living in the Southwest is abnormal for black folks.

Read through these threads. White conservatives are just as bad (actually worse) at telling black folks what their life experiences should be, who they should follow and vote for, who they should admire, what they should wear, etc, etc...

So this thread rings hollow with me.

Old 01-13-2015, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Meh...i've had white conservative posters (who will go unnamed...for now) tell me that they're blacker than i am because they grew up poor and i didn't...

As if the only African American experience in this country is that of a poor person. One idiot told me i was living a "fringe lifestyle" as a black person because i live in the Southwest...as if living in the Southwest is abnormal for black folks.

Read through these threads. White conservatives are just as bad (actually worse) at telling black folks what their life experiences should be, who they should follow and vote for, who they should admire, what they should wear, etc, etc...

So this thread rings hollow with me.
It's straight nonsense. These posters really seem to believe that black people like the Democratic Party because of white Democrats. Lol

Black people mostly like the Democratic Party because of black elected Democrats.

This isn't to say everything is perfect with the Democratic Party or black elected Democrats.

But the choice is not hard, option one is a political party that puts far more people that look like you in office, and they put some politicians you like in office, and option two is a political party that everytime they talk about black people, they bring up plantations, crime, Oow births, bad culture, doesn't value education, and they very very rarely elect people that look like you, and when they do elect black people to represent conservatives, those black people are unpopular with black Americans.

Old 01-13-2015, 11:32 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,141,782 times
Everybody knows a black cop has to be a Uncle Tom, right libs? LoL at a white liberal telling a black guy he doesn't understand racisicm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies