Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2015, 08:06 PM

57,315 posts, read 26,217,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
France just voted for the creation of a Palestinian State a few weeks ago. Really working well for them since Muslim violence INCREASED since then.

French MPs recognise Palestine as state - Europe - Al Jazeera English
Middle East - France 'backed Palestinians in UN Security Council to prevent ICC bid' - France 24

If France wants to keep backing up Muslim agendas, that's fine. But when reality sets in and the s**t hits the fan, don't call the US or NATO to save their butts. It'll be their war, their problem.
That is only half the story, they participated in in Iraq (both wars) Syria and others in the ME.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2015, 08:07 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,832,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Europe is by and large very, very safe for Jews to live in. Comparisons to the days of Hitler are beyond ludicrous.
Oh sure. Live Reports from the Scene of Paris Kosher Supermarket Siege - Tablet Magazine

"I spoke to a person who teaches history in a high school in one of the suburban Cités. He told me that this is a complete disaster. Teachers are afraid to mention the events. He told me that in his school students are asking to debate the massacre—and they are justifying it. Thirteen-year-olds, 14-year-olds saying, “You shouldn’t insult the Prophet. The killing is justified.” If this is free speech in France then France should change the law. The students don’t understand what the problem is. The teacher complained that they have been sounding alarms for 15 years.
The government is terrified. "

Old 01-13-2015, 08:12 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,134,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Perhaps Madam Le Pen can educate him.

This is comical, Hollande calls for a rally for national unity, but then leaves out the political party that represents over 25% of the electorate (National Front) .... go figure

I wonder if Hollande also tried to dissuade Palestinian "President" Abbas from attending as well?
From the story I read, he did... I'm not French and can care less, but I've heard nothing but bad things about the "National Front". They're almost as bad as America's Tea Party... Almost...

Old 01-13-2015, 08:13 PM

57,315 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
"Jimmy Carter indicated that Israel's actions were a good part of what is fanning the flames for the extremists"

Jimmy Carter wasn't even relevant when he was a President. Israel is only a pimple in the 1600 year History of Muslim Extremist. Extremist Muslims can't even get along with each other: Sunni vs Shia vs Kurdish Muslims vs Sufi vs the Muslim tribe next door.

Israel could make peace with the Palestinians tommorow Mr. Jimmy Carter, and it wouldn't even slow down the Islamist attacks in the world one bit.
Jimmy Carter's opinion is respected throughout the world, you may not like him but his statement regarding Israel is correct. Israel's actions and our support with military equipment are a rather large part of the problem.

Old 01-13-2015, 08:43 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
And Jews born before 1948 in the mandate is also clear. But currently neither is associated with the other.
Lol...of course they have something to do with each other. They may not like each other, but in my mind, Jews and Arabs are inextricably linked. Forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Oh sure. Live Reports from the Scene of Paris Kosher Supermarket Siege - Tablet Magazine

"I spoke to a person who teaches history in a high school in one of the suburban Cités. He told me that this is a complete disaster. Teachers are afraid to mention the events. He told me that in his school students are asking to debate the massacre—and they are justifying it. Thirteen-year-olds, 14-year-olds saying, “You shouldn’t insult the Prophet. The killing is justified.” If this is free speech in France then France should change the law. The students don’t understand what the problem is. The teacher complained that they have been sounding alarms for 15 years.
The government is terrified. "
I don't care what you say...France and the rest of Europe is safe for Jews.

Has anti semitism been eradicated? No. But so what?

Old 01-13-2015, 08:58 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,231,567 times
Quote:
Lol...of course they have something to do with each other. They may not like each other, but in my mind, Jews and Arabs are inextricably linked. Forever.

I don't care what you say...France and the rest of Europe is safe for Jews.

Has anti semitism been eradicated? No. But so what?
Missouri and the rest of the United States is safe for blacks. Has racism in America been eradicated? No. But so what? Does that reverse statement work for you?

Old 01-13-2015, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
Missouri and the rest of the United States is safe for blacks. Has racism in America been eradicated? No. But so what? Does that reverse statement work for you?
Ad hominem appeals based on my race won't work in this argument. FOH with that.

This is about France and the rest of Europe.

Europe is safe for Jews. With few exceptions, it has been since the end of World War Two.

Old 01-13-2015, 09:07 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,464,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Jimmy Carter's opinion is respected throughout the world, you may not like him but his statement regarding Israel is correct. Israel's actions and our support with military equipment are a rather large part of the problem.
Yes, Jimmy Carter's opinion is respected throughout the world, but so what? So was Neville Chamberlain's. Jimmy Carter's opinion being respected means nothing. Appeals to authority are logical fallacies.

Israel's actions have nothing whatsoever to do with the problem. We have a phrase for what you just did and it's "blaming the victim."

Sure, if the people of Israel would just agree to let terrorist bombers kill their citizens without responding, then there'd be a lot less problems in the area. That's essentially what leftist idiots want to see happen. Israel should let the terrorist launch rockets into Jerusalem without responding. Israel should allow itself to be invaded without establishing a defensive zone. Israel should stop trying to prevent the importation of weapons. Etc.

It's like you think if a mugger shoots himself in the foot during a robbery we should arrest the person he was mugging for forcing the mugger to use violence instead of just surrendering peacefully. That is level of idiotic reasoning involved.

Old 01-13-2015, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Yes, Jimmy Carter's opinion is respected throughout the world, but so what? So was Neville Chamberlain's. Jimmy Carter's opinion being respected means nothing. Appeals to authority are logical fallacies.

Israel's actions have nothing whatsoever to do with the problem. We have a phrase for what you just did and it's "blaming the victim."
Godwin strikes again.

Old 01-13-2015, 09:11 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,231,567 times
Quote:
Ad hominem appeals based on my race won't work in this argument. FOH with that.

This is about France and the rest of Europe.

Europe is safe for Jews. With few exceptions, it has been since the end of World War Two.
That was an amazing effort to not see the correlation between the two situations. Your better than that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies