Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2015, 06:57 AM

5,719 posts, read 6,447,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
While I attended Iowa State University, I always stood up to Marxist professors. I was perhaps part of the 2% of the student body who were fully aware of the type of brainwash some of these professors were promoting.

I remember this big Lib professor who taught Public Speech. All her slides were about big corporations, anti-Walmart, equal rights. What the hell do all these things have to do with public speech anyways?

I got into an argument with her over Affirmative Action once and after that I decided to lay low because I could totally see this woman using her position against me and maybe giving me a failing grade simply because I questioned her BS.

One time I took a "Community Organizing" course just for kicks to see what kind of stuff they were going try to shove down my throat. This course was taught by 2 Marxist Libs, both were active community organizers.

All I remember from this class was some pretty heated political arguments but these Marxist professors proudly told us some stories of some community organizing they participated in, some of them involving trespassing, destruction of property, harassment, even falsification and misrepresentation of facts.

Because I studied Engineering, I would say most of my Engineering professors were Conservative and I felt that the degree was worth it but for these kids who are going to school to study Political Science, Sociology and other majors in Liberal arts, I feel like they are being totally ripped off.

They are graduating from college with over 50 K in student loans, no relevant skills that will help them find decent jobs and all they are learning is how to regurgitate this Liberal, Marxist propaganda they are learning from these wacky "professors"
To me this is disrupting class. If you don't like what the professor is saying, take another class. Don't disrupt everyone else's experience. I always hated the kids who insisted their opinions be known. Nobody cares, dude. Keep it to yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2015, 07:50 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,016,499 times
somewhere.......in a forum or told to me by another vet............
vietnam vet was in a college class,the professor found him out and in front of the rest of the class asked coldheartedly how many babies he had killed. He answered "oh no sir,I never focused on babies......I tried to shoot all the college professors.....they were the REAL communists....."

Old 01-15-2015, 08:12 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,281,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Seems like a waste of time and money to take course like community organizing just for kicks.

I thought you were degreed in economics?

//www.city-data.com/forum/work-...ml#post6176129
Everyone on the internet is a rockstar don't you know?

Old 01-15-2015, 08:13 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,281,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I went back for a 2nd degree in Industrial Engineering. And no, this class was not a waste of time. It opened my eyes to some of the stuff these Liberals believe in.
Sure you did....

Old 01-15-2015, 09:16 AM

3,130 posts, read 3,074,467 times
Well, I had a humanities class with a liberal, atheist professor and a member of the ACLU. I had a 6'2" chiseled Marine in my class who was returning from his deployment in Afghanistan. So one day, this liberal, atheist professor stated to the class that he would give God 15 minutes to knock him off of his platform if he were real. We waited for about 14 minutes and finally the Marine got up out of his seat, punched the professor in the face, and knocked him out. The Marine then went back to his seat. After the professor recovered and got up, he asked what had just happened. This student said something along the lines of God being busy and sending in the Marines.

Old 01-16-2015, 12:26 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,479,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
There's not much room for your political view in engineering classes.
Yes...that was my point. Thanks for agreeing.

Old 01-16-2015, 12:35 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post
Oh the person who thinks they're smarter than the professors and just takes classes to argue with them. I bet you were real popular. Lol.
I had an art history teacher that loved students who thought they were smarter than the professor. She was amazing at tearing them down with her vast knowledge in art history. She was truly an amazing professor that I learned so much from.

Old 01-16-2015, 12:51 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,436,622 times
The way to deal with biased professors is to begin college by taking an introductory philosophy class in "Informal Logic" (NOT, God forbid, Symbolic Logic) or "Critical Thinking" where you learn all the basic fallacies and how to spot them.

Then you will no longer care when they criticize you unjustly, because you will know that you are right and they are wrong.

At that point, does it make any sense to disagree or argue with them?

No.

Pretend you agree with them, and then some.

Get that 'A' and move on.

And try not to be too depressed that instead of getting the good education you were promised, you are having to deal with morons called professors.

Old 01-16-2015, 01:05 AM

2,485 posts, read 2,218,833 times
This is an area that's if we ever have hate speech laws, that these laws could be potentially applied. The fact is that a lot of students are offended by the hate speech from faculty who obviously do not consider these have speech and laugh it off. But that is precisely the vicious and very often immature attitude that roams free currently because of the lack of a regulatory speech environment. A lot of faculty members believe that they could just say anything and get away with it. Some of them belittle students or personally offend students for their culture Ethnicity or religion. I hope that we will have some ways to regulate the college classroom and to enable faculty to cultivate a sense of speech responsibility and accountability. If we do not have such a long, that I could see some constructive training for faculty members to bring them up to speed with the changing cultural dynamics and expectations from the people.

Old 01-16-2015, 01:31 AM

6,046 posts, read 4,817,498 times
Wouldn't it be a dreary thing if professors met your expectations rather than you meeting theirs? Or are you still in the mode that you expect to be entertained rather than challenged?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies