Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2015, 01:17 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,804,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
Do you think the Obama administration is doing what it should be to keep us safe from France type attacks?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amu2Cz_HSp0

Even the kids get it... your gubbermint isn't gonna save you... you have to do it yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2015, 01:19 PM

7,974 posts, read 7,346,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
The land of the xenophobes. But, given your description, I think you'd be fairly safe from those you fear, may not be so much from those who think might be dear. For the former, you basically live in wasteland anyway not much to gain.

LOL. I didn't realize that xenophobia can prevent cyber attacks too.

Wasteland of xenophobes? LOL. It is what it is...small town in Pennsylvania, one that doesn't happen to have much diversity, one which Obama described to a T (where we cling to our guns, Bibles, yadda yadda). Anyone fitting the racial profile of Islamic terrorist would definitely stand out like a sore thumb.

Where did I say prevent a cyberattack? I just said we had the basics to survive without technology if we needed to. Unlike the cities, where they would be helpless.

Old 01-15-2015, 01:23 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
Wasteland? It is what it is...small town in Pennsylvania, one that doesn't happen to have much diversity, one which Obama described to a T (where we cling to our guns, Bibles, yadda yadda). Anyone fitting the racial profile of Islamic terrorist would definitely stand out like a sore thumb.

Where did I say prevent a cyberattack? I just said we had the basics to survive without technology if we needed to. Unlike the cities, where they would be helpless.
Let me just say... the way you described it, nobody might notice if it disappeared one day regardless of what causes it.

Old 01-15-2015, 01:26 PM

7,974 posts, read 7,346,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Let me just say... the way you described it, nobody might notice if it disappeared one day regardless of what causes it.

The fact that nobody notices it is the best thing about it.

Old 01-15-2015, 02:02 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,083,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
If I lived in a city or densley populated area, maybe. In the area where I live, not so much. With the way people around here own guns and hate muslims...and anybody with an Arabic appearance or foreign accent would definitely raise eyebrows...unless they acted very stealthily, they wouldn't get far. But there are no shopping malls or highly condensed areas, so why would they bother?

Ditto a cyber attack. Other than concerns about communicating with family, we're capable of being pretty self sufficient if we have to. We have access to heat (wood stoves and fireplaces), water, food, game, guns, etc. We could survive without utilities for a long time.
I'm envious. I wish I lived a more rural self sufficient lifestyle.

Old 01-15-2015, 02:05 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
I'm envious. I wish I lived a more rural self sufficient lifestyle.

Where I live between Cleveland and Akron is semi-rural, but still suburban. It's more of an exurb. I don't mind catching the urban vibe, and that was the case even more so when I was younger. However; the older I get, the further away from the city I want to get.

Old 01-15-2015, 03:35 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,575,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
One is substantially more likely to be killed or seriously injured by a " distracted driver" than a terrorist.

Totally agree about distracted driving!

I hope the chances of getting killed via terrorist/terrorism stays extremely low.

Old 01-15-2015, 03:57 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
Quote:
One is substantially more likely to be killed or seriously injured by a " distracted driver" than a terrorist.
Or a SWAT raid gone bad.

Old 01-17-2015, 07:05 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
How are guns and gas in your tank going to save you if you are in the wrong place at the wrong time?

Have you considered the possibility your source is prone to drama and attempting to inflate his importance ?
That's true, you can't prep for every possible form of terrorist attack.

I've known this friend for a long time. His behavior just recently changed, within the last 6 months.

Old 01-17-2015, 07:08 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,083,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Does killing for god make you more dead?
Killing for god, in this case means making it a mission to brutally kill as many Americans as possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies