Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2015, 11:49 AM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times

Advertisements

The vast majority of Germans during the Nazi regime were peaceful and not even party members. But they had to be defeated because they allowed organizations like the SS , Gestapo and SA to terrorize innocent people. I would love for an Islamist Apologist to explain the difference to me. Those organisations compromised a tiny percentage of Germans.

Old 01-16-2015, 11:53 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,523,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I think some folks have a deep seated need to be angry and frightened. They need an enemy.

It's what gets them up and going in the morning.
This. Just look at the forum.

Old 01-16-2015, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Try this, in USA you're free to practice whatever religion or no religion you choose as long as your religious practices do not involve violating our nation's laws. If you immigrated here legally, you are under obligation to obey our nation's laws. If you choose to put your religion and cultural beliefs before your chosen nation's laws then you should be imprisoned and then deported to your nation of origin. If you're a natural born citizen and convert to Islam and violate our laws according to your views on Islam, full punishment according to our court system.
So, you're saying law-breakers should be punished. Brilliant. And immigrants should also be deported. What about Catholic immigrants who break the law? Should we deport them, or only the Muslims?

Old 01-16-2015, 12:02 PM

4,006 posts, read 6,036,023 times
It isn't all muslims, but it's always a muslim.

Old 01-16-2015, 12:04 PM

29,443 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Kind of like asking a Jewish person why they are concerned about Nazis/skin heads. Or gays why they are concerned about "gay-bashers". When you have ignorant, violent animals who's express purpose is to kill or subjugate those that don't think as they do, there is reason for concern.

And yes, many Muslims do not support terrorism. Just like many Nazis didn't run the gas chambers or concentration camps. Much like those Nazis, when you make a choice to embrace a superstition that is based on violence, sexual abuse and subjugation, even when you don't practice those acts, don't expect to be honored.

The Nazi party was responsible for the the near extermination of 6 million Jews, some 20 million Soviet citizens and countless others throughout Europe and north Africa. Sadly I suspect the devastation and slaughter by Islam has exceed that over the years....and there were never more than 8.5 million Nazis.
Well said.

Old 01-16-2015, 12:09 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,655,217 times
It's a religion that promotes hatred of nonbelievers, via the concept of hell.

Any faith that teaches that pain and suffering is the penalty for non belief, is a sick and hateful religion.

Old 01-16-2015, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
The vast majority of Germans during the Nazi regime were peaceful and not even party members. But they had to be defeated because they allowed organizations like the SS , Gestapo and SA to terrorize innocent people. I would love for an Islamist Apologist to explain the difference to me. Those organisations compromised a tiny percentage of Germans.
I'll be a German apologist. My German great-uncle Fred fought against the Nazis in WWII. Catching on yet? Maybe you think we should intern all Muslims like we did the Japanese?

Old 01-16-2015, 12:20 PM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
I'll be a German apologist. My German great-uncle Fred fought against the Nazis in WWII. Catching on yet? Maybe you think we should intern all Muslims like we did the Japanese?
442nd Infantry Regiment - the most decorated unit in U.S. military history. All Japanese-Americans soldiers fought in WWII. I am mixed Japanese/German/Irish/Hawaiian. My grandpa was not a Nazi, my other grandpa never bombed pearl harbor.

That bulldog look like Michelle Malkin has said Japanese internment camp was justified, what she was really trying to say is that we should treat all Muslims American citizens like we have treated all Japanese-Americans in west coast.

It is impossible to convince me that ALL Muslims are potential terrorists. Exactly what do we expect these regular Law-abiding Muslims Americans to do? All they have to do is obeying the law. They don't owe me anything because we are all equal. Blame the terrorists, do not blame Israel, American foreign policy, regular Muslims, etc. Blame the terrorists!

Old 01-16-2015, 12:24 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,456,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
I get it - most terrorists in today's world are Muslim extremists. At times, it's hard to tell who makes up the miniscule fraction of extremists that want to inflict harm on us. And some values that are common in many Islamic societies (oppression of women, gay people, etc.) are wrong.

But seriously - why shouldn't American, or other free-world values, be available to those who want and respect them but are adherents of Islam?
Who prevents Muslims from creating societies and communities that follow western values in their own countries?

Old 01-16-2015, 12:40 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Kind of like asking a Jewish person why they are concerned about Nazis/skin heads. Or gays why they are concerned about "gay-bashers". When you have ignorant, violent animals who's express purpose is to kill or subjugate those that don't think as they do, there is reason for concern.

And yes, many Muslims do not support terrorism. Just like many Nazis didn't run the gas chambers or concentration camps. Much like those Nazis, when you make a choice to embrace a superstition that is based on violence, sexual abuse and subjugation, even when you don't practice those acts, don't expect to be honored.

The Nazi party was responsible for the the near extermination of 6 million Jews, some 20 million Soviet citizens and countless others throughout Europe and north Africa. Sadly I suspect the devastation and slaughter by Islam has exceed that over the years....and there were never more than 8.5 million Nazis.

THIS^^^ deserves to be BUMPED TO THE TOP of every page!

There is no such thing as innocence by association, only guilt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies