Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 10:27 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,835,279 times

Advertisements

i accidentally signed up last june when i wasnt working and have never been billed for anything.

recently tooth was hurting and wanted to see if i could use my card i got, it was still active, called and they verified im still active and eligible in the system.

i have a job now, but the medical and dental is way higher then what i remember seeing on the exchange.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2015, 10:37 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbuszu View Post
I am so unbelievably disappointed in what Obamacare has to offer this year... it seems like the Insurance Companies completely and quite obviously found a way to swindle the US citizens signing up for it out of a lot of money.

Without getting into personal finance, I feel like paying $227.00 per month to cover just myself with health insurance (a healthy male) for a policy which doesn't even kick in until I personally pay $6500.00 in medical expenses is absolute robbery! What good is the insurance? The way I see it, it will only serve me well if something catastrophic happens to me... otherwise it's a creative way to tax me $2724.00 additional money per year. I've never had medical bills that amounted to anything near that!!!

It is sad, I cannot believe this travesty of justice has happened. Although I read articles online from this past November talking about what I just expressed being quite common, you would think the US Government between then and now would have acted in the interests of Health Insurance consumers like me to fix things before this enrollment period expired... but all I hear are crickets, and the sound of my money being sucked from my bank account.
Basically when you realize that before ACA government stats showed the average employer; remember that's average; paid 13K per employee for their contribution for health insurance. 227 is cheap and sound like you bought the higher out of pocket plan among several. The exchange is one big pool in which income determine cost of same plans in one size on required coverage. I know people who are paying 600 per month because they have no subsidity .

Old 01-29-2015, 10:39 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,835,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Basically when you realize that before ACA government stats showed the average employer; remember that's average; paid 13K per employee for their contribution for health insurance. 227 is cheap and sound like you bought the higher out of pocket plan among several. The exchange is one big pool in which income determine cost of same plans in one size on required coverage. I know people who are paying 600 per month because they have no subsidity .
i dont pay anything

Old 01-29-2015, 10:54 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,983,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I hate to call out the information as bogus, but I feel the genuine need to. Doesn't that number seem ridiculously high anyone else? That's over $1000.00 per month, per employee! I just don't know how this amount could be "real"... I suspect something else was mixed into the calculations. All that stated, I have ZERO to back up this opinion, it's just my "sniff test"... something doesn't smell right. In this world of tight/budget conscious spending by corporations, this seems excessive.

Old 01-29-2015, 11:07 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,451,622 times
Quote:
I hate to call out the information as bogus, but I feel the genuine need to. Doesn't that number seem ridiculously high anyone else? That's over $1000.00 per month, per employee! I just don't know how this amount could be "real"... I suspect something else was mixed into the calculations. All that stated, I have ZERO to back up this opinion, it's just my "sniff test"... something doesn't smell right. In this world of tight/budget conscious spending by corporations, this seems excessive.

How many employers paid zero?

Last edited by Ibginnie; 01-31-2015 at 12:04 PM.. Reason: deleted quoted post

Old 01-29-2015, 11:18 AM

32,021 posts, read 36,777,542 times
Quote:
I am so unbelievably disappointed in what Obamacare has to offer this year... it seems like the Insurance Companies completely and quite obviously found a way to swindle the US citizens signing up for it out of a lot of money.

Without getting into personal finance, I feel like paying $227.00 per month to cover just myself with health insurance (a healthy male) for a policy which doesn't even kick in until I personally pay $6500.00 in medical expenses is absolute robbery! What good is the insurance? The way I see it, it will only serve me well if something catastrophic happens to me... otherwise it's a creative way to tax me $2724.00 additional money per year. I've never had medical bills that amounted to anything near that!!!

It is sad, I cannot believe this travesty of justice has happened. Although I read articles online from this past November talking about what I just expressed being quite common, you would think the US Government between then and now would have acted in the interests of Health Insurance consumers like me to fix things before this enrollment period expired... but all I hear are crickets, and the sound of my money being sucked from my bank account.
I am okay with people staying out of the system as long as it is guaranteed that they will pay their own medical bills.

Unfortunately folks often don't have the money when some injury or medical emergency comes up so they wind up going to a hospital expecting to be taken care of at the taxpayer's expense.

Old 01-29-2015, 11:19 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,932,942 times
Quote:

But you were told we had to pass the bill to find out what was in it.

On the good side you now have access to maternity care and can have that sex change operation you've always wanted.

Nancy Pelosi knows what is best for you!

Old 01-29-2015, 11:26 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,238,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
i accidentally signed up last june when i wasnt working and have never been billed for anything.

recently tooth was hurting and wanted to see if i could use my card i got, it was still active, called and they verified im still active and eligible in the system.

i have a job now, but the medical and dental is way higher then what i remember seeing on the exchange.

How did you accidentally sign up in June?

Old 01-29-2015, 11:44 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,117,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Maybe reading comprehension would work for you....did you read the link?

It is an issue, or they would not have that problem? Or are you saying they just did not think ahead?
I said it was an issue that isn't that difficult to fix... Reading comprehension?

Obviously, most developed countries didn't appropriately plan for their aging populations. Balancing the future and the present has been difficult for developed countries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
How do you know they did not? IF they did i never went by reids desk....amazing is it not...
Well I'd imagine they would tell their constituents and the media they had a solution.... It seems they just keep trying to push a boulder uphill by putting bills that will repeal ACA on Reid's desk. Context is difficult for you ideologues.

Old 01-29-2015, 11:57 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
How many employers paid zero?
Go to the study and find out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies