Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 10:03 AM

50,270 posts, read 47,032,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
Don't you know the people on food stamps who are heavy are that way because of "food deserts". They are forced to get their meals at Mcdonalds and Taco Bell because there are no good groceries that sell healthy food near them.
Baloney. Time and again City Councils start up Farmers markets in poor areas based on claims like that and, like one here locally, what sells out are things like Burritos and other fast food items while the veggies are shunned. People are fat because they eat too much and don't exercise. Even the hood has a sidewalk to walk on for exercise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2015, 11:12 AM

6,657 posts, read 7,754,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreutz View Post
Welfare is welfare and parasites are parasites, whether they are a fortune 500 or a ghetto breeding factory they must sink or swim on their own merits without the wealth of others being forcibly redistributed to them by government.

Remove government from the equation and the problem solves itself eventually.
Idk man, look at US corporations who took our jobs overseas to countries with almost no Goverment regulation regarding labor. They look like sweat shops of old. I mean left to Corperations own devices we would all be working for $1 hr or shopping at the corporate store. Because that maxs profits.

Old 01-20-2015, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreutz View Post
Truth.

American "poor" are repulsive selfish land-whales that always want more.

Only in America can we measure the "poor" in nautical tonnage.

The poor should look the part, all hollow-cheeked and ricketty and most importantly grateful for societies permission to parasitize it.
Gee i thought you were talking about rich americans? A million in profits are not enough, lets cut bennefits for the workers below us. Wait a billion in profits are not enough, lets freeze wages and demand to pay almost no taxes. If we don't get it we will just take our jobs overseas. Then when having record profits, higher then anytime in history(trillions) its still not enough and the employees now are on foodstamps.

Old 01-20-2015, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFigureMeOut View Post
Can you imagine showing footage of "poor" people in America to those living in poverty in places like India and Sub-Saharan Africa? You don't see many two-ton fatties in third world countries.
Can you imagine showing a video of middle class and rich to other people from 2 nd world or 3 rd world countries. Our rich have more wealth then some whole countries, our middle class is wealthier then rich people in other countries. Whats your point?

Old 01-20-2015, 11:39 AM

19,838 posts, read 12,099,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Can you imagine showing a video of middle class and rich to other people from 2 nd world or 3 rd world countries. Our rich have more wealth then some whole countries, our middle class is wealthier then rich people in other countries. Whats your point?
I think he/she meant that showing a video of obese American poor with shopping carts overloaded with food complaining about not getting enough help would probably shock truly poor people in other countries. Only in America.

Old 01-20-2015, 12:08 PM

894 posts, read 1,050,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
I think he/she meant that showing a video of obese American poor with shopping carts overloaded with food complaining about not getting enough help would probably shock truly poor people in other countries. Only in America.
Thank you, that is what I meant.

Aside from a medical issue, people get fat because they consume too many calories. So I'm not buying the claim that these people aren't getting enough aid.

As far as the Taco Bell and McDonald's argument, the last time I checked McDonald's had grilled chicken sandwiches, wraps and salads.

Old 01-20-2015, 01:21 PM

You know guys just wantted to remind you that SNAP is only 2% of the total US budget and 40+ million people are using it. Thats about 1/6th of the population. Wow so could it also mean that 12% of the US Budget could feed the country?

We can go on forever with well i can do it so can you stuff, theres always someone better, faster, etc.

I could easily say guys if you just payoff your debts and not get into debt you would have more money and you wouldnt have to worry about feeding others or what others eat, why not because i did it, why can't you? American consumers owe $11.74 trillion in debt, Average credit card debt is: $15,611. Wow eye opening. With all the responsibility talk and pull yourselves up from your bootstraps mentality you would think no one has debt and is responsible.

Old 01-20-2015, 01:26 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,709,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
You know guys just wantted to remind you that SNAP is only 2% of the total US budget and 40+ million people are using it. Thats about 1/6th of the population. Wow so could it also mean that 12% of the US Budget could feed the country?

We can go on forever with well i can do it so can you stuff, theres always someone better, faster, etc.

I could easily say guys if you just payoff your debts and not get into debt you would have more money and you wouldnt have to worry about feeding others or what others eat, why not because i did it, why can't you? American consumers owe $11.74 trillion in debt, Average credit card debt is: $15,611. Wow eye opening. With all the responsibility talk and pull yourselves up from your bootstraps mentality you would think no one has debt.
I can't speak for anyone else, but as for me no, I don't have any debt. It took time and effort to get to that point.

Old 01-20-2015, 01:39 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,934,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Ba hahaha... I was in a hospital parking lot where I could see a row of houses where the poor lived. There they were, sitting out on their steps, two-ton fatties wearing clothes that were skin tight, one girl her belly hanging out, kids all around. Just chillen, hanging out on the porch watching the fools going to work to support them.

Feel better now?

I'm sure you need to drive by everyday to mock those poor people, just to elevate your own existence.

How miserable...

Old 01-20-2015, 01:45 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,650,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Ba hahaha... I was in a hospital parking lot where I could see a row of houses where the poor lived. There they were, sitting out on their steps, two-ton fatties wearing clothes that were skin tight, one girl her belly hanging out, kids all around. Just chillen, hanging out on the porch watching the fools going to work to support them.
chillen?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies