Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2015, 11:28 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Agreed, but that is the case throughout the World.

The poor always have higher birth rates; maybe we can have a society where so many aren't living in poverty and Nationless Corporations aren't treated more human than humans?

If you are complaining about Food Stamps, but not The Federal Reserve creating TRILLIONS in made up money out of thin air and handing 95% of it over to the richest 1% in this country via quantitative easing -please take a seat and shut up.

If you are complaining about Food Stamps, but not Corporate Bailouts, Corporate Tax schemes, War Corporations overcharging our Government, Prison Corporations overcharging our Government-please take a seat and shut up.

There is TONS of waste throughout our Government, but some is more egregious than others. I don't find feeding American families and children that egregious when you consider all I've just mentioned (and more).
We are complaining about BOTH Welfare and Corporate. You just want to ignore it so you can use Corporate to excuse Welfare. Obama is pandering to both.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2015, 11:42 AM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
I've lived in this area so I've seen the abuse. If the woman is getting $925 a month (not sure where that number came from)then there is no excuse for her and likely is wasting it on things like lobster and filet mignon so no sympathy. However if it's because she has a job and not making a lot plus doesn't receive a lot with food stamps that is another story. I have seen people on food stamps buy candy, soda, cake etc and that shouldn't be allowed.

Old 01-16-2015, 11:58 AM

6,657 posts, read 7,755,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
If Common Sense Was Common
● Redistribution of wealth (compulsory charity) would be recognized as government sponsored slavery, no matter how deserving or pitiful the recipient
● And such “charity” results in a totalitarian police state to enforce “taking” from one to give to another.

How else would they enforce it? Wheedling and coaxing, "pretty please?"
Its it real or an illusion lol, is it the poor taking from the rich and working class? Or is it the other way before?

Old 01-16-2015, 12:28 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Europeanflava View Post
The free market would rather such people starve and
die in the streets. So those programs are needed.

Sorry pal.
so you would let a person die on your street?
Hyperbole is fun isnt it?

Old 01-16-2015, 12:30 PM

Really no offense but some of you need to get a grip, the SNAP program feeds millions of American citizens, MILLIONS! I also mean seriously when you look at your taxes being taken out of your check monthly? Do you even know how much of it really goes to the snap program? I figured i give about $10 of Hundreds a month at the most in taxes just for the SNAP program. But hell i used to spend $10 in two days at starbucks getting custom coffee. The point is don't we have better things to worry about or far worst waste? We are still spending billions a day on a few 12,000-12,500 coalition troops in iraq and afghanistan. Is just one example of how we don't mind spending money for people who are not our own.

Old 01-16-2015, 12:37 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,527,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Really no offense but some of you need to get a grip, the SNAP program feeds millions of American citizens, MILLIONS! I also mean seriously when you look at your taxes being taken out of your check monthly? Do you even know how much of it really goes to the snap program? I figured i give about $10 of Hundreds a month at the most in taxes just for the SNAP program. But hell i used to spend $10 in two days at starbucks getting custom coffee. The point is don't we have better things to worry about or far worst waste? We are still spending billions a day on a few 12,000-12,500 coalition troops in iraq and afghanistan. Is just one example of how we don't mind spending money for people who are not our own.
I don't think it's the money that bothers them. It's the idea of somebody getting something for nothing. I don't know why that stirs up so much anger in some people.

Old 01-16-2015, 12:45 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,935,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
I don't think it's the money that bothers them. It's the idea of a certain type of person getting something for nothing. I don't know why that stirs up so much anger in some people.

Fixed it. Many on here seem to have no problem with banksters and nationless corporations getting something for nothing-and a lot more of it too. Some just hate the poor.

Old 01-16-2015, 12:53 PM

@nvxplorer, 2e1m5a*

Our society is such a success/winner based society and culture, we often believe a persons economic standing is based on his/her moral or character standing. Its a thinking error.

Old 01-16-2015, 12:59 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,935,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
@nvxplorer, 2e1m5a*

Our society is such a success/winner based society and culture, we often believe a persons economic standing is based on his/her moral or character standing. Its a thinking error.

Agreed...

Old 01-16-2015, 01:13 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Fixed it. Many on here seem to have no problem with banksters and nationless corporations getting something for nothing-and a lot more of it too. Some just hate the poor.
In my case I don't want anyone to abuse the system, whether it's someone breeding for welfare (more common than you think), corporations getting tax breaks to send jobs overseas, bankers etc. I have stated in many threads my hatred for companies sending jobs overseas and those who pay less in taxes than me, though they make more. However, sticking to this thread there are people who abuse the system and that needs to be fixed. When I was working poor I had to watch my money and nothing more offensive than buying cans of tuna for several meals while someone on food stamps was buying steak, lobster, candy and much more that I couldn't afford. We'd all like to think most getting food stamps are buying food but this isn't always the case. On another forum devoted to food stamps some have discussed buying filet mignon, fancy cheeses, caviar even (yes someone stated this), lobster etc. Those aren't needed foods, instead they should be buying bread, milk, cheaper meats just like a working poor person would be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies