Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2015, 11:05 AM

122 posts, read 217,180 times

Advertisements

I cannot fathom this being real. However we live in a world where crazy seems to rule.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2015, 11:18 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,224,761 times
If he was having sex with her underage, he will be charged with child molesting and worse whether she wants to marry him or not. This does sound like an unsubstantiated Faux news story that they jumped on for the "statement" is it makes to their kooky audience. Leave it to the righties to try to conflate same sex marriage with felony child abuse and incest.

Old 01-18-2015, 11:31 AM

3,027 posts, read 2,520,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
This girl is considered an adult and she can make her own choices.......we seem to ignore real problems with incest.
Data Source CM2010 Table 5*5 Perpetrators by Relationship to Victims, 2010 (duplicate count)

Warning for adult viewing........some interesting facts from other cultures.

THE A TO Z OF SEXUAL HISTORY: INCEST | VICE | United States

The most famous is obviously Oedipus; though that turned out badly for everyone concerned. Incest was encouraged in Egyptian royal families to safeguard the royal bloodline. They were gods, and gods don’t do it with mortals. Cleopatra VII married two of her younger brothers. Her mother and father, Cleopatra V and Ptolemy XII, had also been brother and sister. The Incas and the Hawaiians also practiced incest in their royal families. In the Roman-Egyptian census, brother-sister marriage accounts for about 20 percent of all listed. Even though it was eventually outlawed, that didn’t stop Emperor Caligula having sex with all three of his sisters, Julia Livilla, Drusilla, and Agrippina the Younger--though he was a famous sexual psychopath, so I wouldn’t take his behavior as standard.

The real taboo is in mentioning that perhaps it is not a taboo at all. Historian Lloyd DeMause argues that incest is universal. He cites examples throughout the world and refers to the old Indian proverb (“For a girl to be a virgin at ten years old, she must have neither brothers, nor cousins, nor fathers”) as an example of how common incest has been. His examples are endless and worldwide: tribes who have sex dormitories where older adolescents initiate younger siblings into sex; households where parents incorporate the children into their sexual activity in one happy family orgy; fathers marrying daughters when the mother dies, and sons marrying mothers when the father dies. While I can’t verify every one of DeMause’s claims and references, clearly it gets darker than sitting on granddad's knee. The recent case of the German couple, Patrick and Susan, who were separated as children and later met and fell in love, has made headlines. They’ve been together for nine years and have four children, three of whom are in care. He has served time in prison fighting for his right to love his sister. While my gut reaction is this is monumentally ****ed up, why is it illegal? The obvious answer is that it increases the chances of passing down bad genes. But by that logic, everyone with a genetic condition should be outlawed from having sex--which is rude. In fact, the impetus behind the 1908 Punishment of Incest Act was just that--the proponents of the act were the same people who advocated the "sterilisation" of the "feeble-minded". Siblings generally don’t fancy each other due to something call the Westernak effect: Being reared together forms non-erotic bonds. But if you’re itching for incest, apparently you’re not alone. That doesn’t mean the rest of us can’t be completely grossed out by it though.
just like we don't let children work in factories or fight in wars anymore in this country, or let husbands beat their wives, we've realized incest within close family groups leaves victims.

Incestuous child group-sex ring uncovered in Alabama | New York Post

Old 01-18-2015, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogead View Post
Just a note on Woody Allen, Soonyi Previn wasn't even his adopted daughter (her adoptive father is Andre Previn). Soonyi was merely the adopted daughter of Woody Allen's girlfriend.

I'm not sure that the solution to a marriage involving multiple partners is simple, but it doesn't have to be inordinately complex. Marriage is a legally-binding contract. The interactions and expectations among the various parties involved can and should be clearly defined in the contract prior to its enactment.

There really shouldn't be state imposed guidelines or laws governing such contracts as long as all parties are legally capable of signing the contract, and no one is forced to participate. Whether or not such unions (or incestuous relationships) are a good idea psychologically, physically, socially, culturally, or economically is certainly debatable. However, the idea should be to limit the state's role to that of providing an organized legal structure to the relationships people choose to form.
^^^^^bunch of nonsense. people aren't "cross dressing their kids" they are allowing kids who feel like another gender express who they are. there are studies that show children raised by gay parents are just as adjusted as other children. and there are millions of children who are not raised in hetero 2 parent homes or 2 parent gay homes, are you afraid children being raised by single parents, grandparents, aunts/uncles, or older siblings will lead to "SJW" to fight for incest rights?

Old 01-18-2015, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnder View Post
I do not believe this. such far-fetched
esp the part about her grandparents wanting them to have children together.

Old 01-18-2015, 11:53 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
Please explain why same sex marriage has to lead to incest marriage? Why not plain old straight marriage, why does it not lead to incest marriage. It is all baloney to think that same sex marriages would lead to other forms, just a big old fat straw man, nothing more.

How do you include same-sex marriage but exclude incestuous marriage?

Traditional marriage in America was based on the Judeo-Christian concept of a man leaving his father and mother to be joined to his wife.

It wasn`t my idea to toss traditional marriage out the window, so you tell me how you now prohibit marriage between close relatives.

Old 01-18-2015, 11:56 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
So why is this wrong but same-sex marriage is not?
Ok first--I didn't say it was 'wrong' -- I said it creeps me out.

Second--I think same sex marriage is very different than a biological father and daughter being in love and having children.

Two mature people of the same sex, who are born with a biological tendency for being gay (and I do believe it is not a 'choice', but a biological fact), meet, fall in love and want to make it legal, have a union and perhaps adopt children.

A father and daughter romantic relationship to me reflects many unresolved and unhealthy psychological issues. The relationships between parents and children are socially not meant to be romantic and sexual. Parents produce children and then are teachers and role models to those children, not romantic partners. If they then produce biological children with their own children, they are creating physical issues with the possibility of genetic problems and abnormalities and also huge psychological issues for their children. The progeny of these relationships grow up with the stigma or their father also being their grandfather. I think it would be massively psychologically damaging to their kids to have to deal with this themselves and with the larger society's stigma regarding this issue.

Old 01-18-2015, 11:58 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
How do you include same-sex marriage but exclude incestuous marriage?

Traditional marriage in America was based on the Judeo-Christian concept of a man leaving his father and mother to be joined to his wife.

It wasn`t my idea to toss traditional marriage out the window, so you tell me how you now prohibit marriage between close relatives.
How did marriage get tossed out the window? People get married everyday.

Old 01-18-2015, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
Duh, same sex couples are not going to procreate with the risk of genetic problems from being closely related. You know that

So we should prohibit marriage to people with defective genes?

Old 01-18-2015, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
How did marriage get tossed out the window? People get married everyday.

The question is, how can we allow same-sex marriage but disallow incestuous marriage?

I`ll look forward to you explaining the specific reason why one is fine but the other is not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies