Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is he a hypocrite?
YES - He's nothing but a hypocrite! 18 85.71%
NO - His comparisons are justified! 1 4.76%
Neither - He's only saying what he's told to say! 0 0%
Other - Please define why 2 9.52%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2015, 01:24 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times

Advertisements

Chris Matthews Hates Hitler Comparisons

Matthews fumed, "Wouldn't it be good for the country if politicians drop the whole Hitler thing and returned to saying, 'Well, we Republicans and those Democrats just have an honest disagreement on some big stuff?'" He railed at Weber: "Is this something in your brain that has you comparing our twice elected American leader with Der Fuhrer, whose aggression in Europe caused the world 50 million lives?" Hypocrite Chris Matthews Hates Hitler Comparisons, But Made Them Himself | Media Research Center

Yet...

Chris Matthews: Ted Cruz ‘Fits In Tradition’ With Nazi Sympathizer Father Coughlin

June 12th, 2013: MSNBC host Chris Matthews railed against Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX). Matthews said that Cruz “fits in the tradition” of reviled historical figures like notorious Nazi sympathizer and radio host Father Coughlin and 1950s-era anti-communist Sen. Joe McCarthy

Chris Matthews compares gun rights supporters to Nazis

March 29, 2013: On Thursday, MSNBC's Chris Matthews compared supporters of the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms to Nazis while flubbing a reference to the classic movie "Casablanca,"

MSNBC's Chris Matthews links unhappy conservatives to Hitler

November 27, 2012: On Monday, MSNBC's Chris Matthews linked conservatives unhappy with the results of the 2012 election to Hitler and the 1936 Olympics
MSNBC's Chris Matthews links unhappy conservatives to Hitler - National Elections | Examiner.com

Is Chris Matthews simply an unabashed hypocrite, or something else?

Godwin's law maybe? GL applies especially to inappropriate, inordinate, or hyperbolic comparisons of other situations (or one's opponent) with Nazis

Last edited by steven_h; 01-17-2015 at 01:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2015, 01:41 PM

23,554 posts, read 17,227,205 times
Doesn't matter, CM is irrelevant.

Old 01-17-2015, 01:54 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,527,281 times
He's irrelevant to me, as well. From the OP, looks like he's a hypocrite. What do I win?

Old 01-17-2015, 02:00 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,055 times
Hypocrite and a babbling idiot.

Old 01-17-2015, 02:23 PM

78,414 posts, read 60,593,823 times
100% serious, I have vaguely heard of this guy...never listen TO ANY talking heads as it's like getting stock tips from your 8 year old.

Old 01-17-2015, 05:34 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
Well, he does have to attract an audience, so sometimes bombast sells.

But he makes a good point.....wouldn't it be great for this country to move forward in a logical and humane manner?

Old 01-17-2015, 05:34 PM

24,404 posts, read 23,065,142 times
Is he still on? I used to watch a little MSNBC just to get a little craziness factor but even that got old. It seems the only guy still standing is Bill Oreilly.

Old 01-17-2015, 05:38 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
Awe go easy on Mr. Tingles. A one time DC power broker is relegated to scooping up Rev Al's road apples.

Old 01-17-2015, 06:28 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,260,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Chris Matthews Hates Hitler Comparisons

Matthews fumed, "Wouldn't it be good for the country if politicians drop the whole Hitler thing and returned to saying, 'Well, we Republicans and those Democrats just have an honest disagreement on some big stuff?'" He railed at Weber: "Is this something in your brain that has you comparing our twice elected American leader with Der Fuhrer, whose aggression in Europe caused the world 50 million lives?" Hypocrite Chris Matthews Hates Hitler Comparisons, But Made Them Himself | Media Research Center

Yet...

Chris Matthews: Ted Cruz ‘Fits In Tradition’ With Nazi Sympathizer Father Coughlin

June 12th, 2013: MSNBC host Chris Matthews railed against Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX). Matthews said that Cruz “fits in the tradition” of reviled historical figures like notorious Nazi sympathizer and radio host Father Coughlin and 1950s-era anti-communist Sen. Joe McCarthy

Chris Matthews compares gun rights supporters to Nazis

March 29, 2013: On Thursday, MSNBC's Chris Matthews compared supporters of the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms to Nazis while flubbing a reference to the classic movie "Casablanca,"

MSNBC's Chris Matthews links unhappy conservatives to Hitler

November 27, 2012: On Monday, MSNBC's Chris Matthews linked conservatives unhappy with the results of the 2012 election to Hitler and the 1936 Olympics
MSNBC's Chris Matthews links unhappy conservatives to Hitler - National Elections | Examiner.com

Is Chris Matthews simply an unabashed hypocrite, or something else?

Godwin's law maybe? GL applies especially to inappropriate, inordinate, or hyperbolic comparisons of other situations (or one's opponent) with Nazis
You mean the guy that said this "I have to tell you, you know, it's part of reporting this case, this election, the feeling most people get when they hear Barack Obama's speech. My, I felt this thrill going up my leg. I mean, I don't have that too often."

Old 01-17-2015, 07:32 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
I think mainly that Matthews is just not very bright. He's an example of one of those people who managed to work their way into a position of prominence and got in over their heads.

The last time I listened to Matthews was on the day of the Boston Marathon bombing. He had one after another 'expert' on, and tried to goad each of them into saying that it was don't by some kind of extremist militia type group. One after another of them basically responded--uh, no. Matthews pointed to the fire at the JFK library (which later turned out to be accidental and unrelated to the bombing) as evidence that this was done by someone who didn't like Democrats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies