Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2015, 01:17 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,456,256 times

Advertisements

The proposed increase in taxes will not change much, besides upsetting conservatives fighting for their principles. In practice it won't affect business and employment. On the other hand it will also not have much impact on government revenues considering our astronomical debt.
It will soon be forgotten.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post

Those that say they will no longer invest time and effort into their business/corporation probably need a break anyway. Someone will always step into their void.
No, it's because they can. And if someone wants to step into the void for less money let them. Go for it RonkonkomaNative, there's going to be a lot of voids opening up. go for it.

9,827 posts, read 6,932,912 times
Petch, you are spinning your wheels trying to explain it to them. They aren't in business for themselves and have no idea what you are talking about, yet they think they do. There is a reason they aren't in business for themselves. They aren't quick enough on the uptake and couldn't survive. You and I know this from our experience. They have no clue..

Old 01-18-2015, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Agreed. Business owners don't give up their livelihoods to make political statements. From some of the things people write here, you'd think taxes and payroll are the only costs associated with business. When gas prices go up again, people won't be selling their businesses because of it, but we're expected to believe that a couple percentage point increase in the tax rate will make them give up. Funny stuff.
I'm already on cruise control, no reason to make more if government is going to steal it. And no more employees, don't need the headaches for less money.

Old 01-18-2015, 01:21 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,523,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I'm already on cruise control, no reason to make more if government is going to steal it. And no more employees, don't need the headaches for less money.
Good for you! (You don't speak for everyone.)

I don't believe you, anyway. If someone approached you with a million dollar contract, you'd take it.

Old 01-18-2015, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Petch, you are spinning your wheels trying to explain it to them. They aren't in business for themselves and have no idea what you are talking about, yet they think they do. There is a reason they aren't in business for themselves. They aren't quick enough on the uptake and couldn't survive. You and I know this from our experience. They have no clue..
You are right freight shaker. That's why they wait for someone else to do it for them on every level. Gotta love that they think they are experts at something they don't or can't do.

It's funny to watch the poor try to tell the rich what they can and can't do.

Old 01-18-2015, 01:24 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,042,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I support this proposal and hope the republicans pass it. I plan to write my congressmen and tell them I do.

The middle class needs tax breaks. They are struggling and increasing the capital gains tax on people making $500,000 plus will help fund those tax breaks. Since 51% of school kids, the freaking majority, qualify for school lunch programs, we have a problem, a huge problem in this country.

What other ways do you think we can help these struggling families in the short term? Long term solutions are another kettle of fish altogether.
The middle class needs jobs. The working poor need better jobs in order to move into the middle class.

Taxing job creators is not the way to produce either.

9,827 posts, read 6,932,912 times
Quote:
You are right freight shaker. That's why they wait for someone else to do it for them on every level. Gotta love that they think they are experts at something they don't or can't do.

They should really join us and live the dream.. It's so easy running a business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Good for you! (You don't speak for everyone.)

I don't believe you, anyway. If someone approached you with a million dollar contract, you'd take it.
So how much would that "$million" dollars be worth after taxes and how much effort is required?

Old 01-18-2015, 01:25 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,547 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:

i do love how everyone on C-D owns a business and is making hundreds of thousands of dollars a year employing hundreds of people that they hate because they didnt start their own business and want a tax cut.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies