Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2015, 10:35 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,997,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Ummm...because childless people don't have extra mouths to feed?
Why should childless taxpayers pay for kids that these working class couples can't afford to feed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2015, 10:44 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,525,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Why should childless taxpayers pay for kids that these working class couples can't afford to feed?
Because I said so! Now, back to your room.

Spare me.

Old 01-18-2015, 10:46 PM

2,485 posts, read 2,218,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Poor baby. I feel your pain.

Tell this to hungry children. I'm sure they'll understand.
No. Tell the parents of those hungry children to make good decisions and raise them well.

Welcome to this shameless society. Inventing a profitable business is evil. Breeding is an accomplishment.

Old 01-18-2015, 10:49 PM

2,485 posts, read 2,218,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
We need to start a movement to gradually gain more say among the increasing number of childfree individuals.

To much extent, our status constitutes an underrepresented group whose voice is almost foreign in this coutnry. It may actually make sense to have priorities of hiring and promotion given to those who make more contributions while having no children.

Old 01-18-2015, 11:41 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,525,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Costaexpress View Post
No. Tell the parents of those hungry children to make good decisions and raise them well.
That'll fill the kids' stomachs!

Quote:
Welcome to this shameless society. Inventing a profitable business is evil. Breeding is an accomplishment.
Inventing a business is evil? Breeding is an accomplishment? Are you high?

(Business was invented a long time ago. )

Old 01-19-2015, 01:15 AM

11,431 posts, read 18,997,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Costaexpress View Post
We need to start a movement to gradually gain more say among the increasing number of childfree individuals.

To much extent, our status constitutes an underrepresented group whose voice is almost foreign in this coutnry. It may actually make sense to have priorities of hiring and promotion given to those who make more contributions while having no children.
Yep, especially Comrade Obama. Isn't he also proposing PAID TIME OFF for childbirth? There will be NOBODY left to do the jobs except childless people.

Old 01-19-2015, 01:17 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,934,706 times
Damn, I am going to have to go back into the baby creating business. If I get started now, I should have the next one out of the house by the time I'm uhhhh.. 82

Old 01-19-2015, 03:52 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,301,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
The middle class needs tax breaks. They are struggling and increasing the capital gains tax on people making $500,000 plus will help fund those tax breaks.
Tax cuts do not need to be "funded" (or "paid for", as democrats love to assert). The money does not belong to the government in the first place. They take it by force (try not paying your taxes, and see what happens). The government needs to spend less. Period.

A family, or private individual can budget their money, shifting money from one thing to another, and thereby "pay" for something they want by cutting out something else. That isn't what the government is doing. The government is taking more of one family's hard earned money so they can redistribute it to someone who didn't earn it. That's called theft. Taxes were never intended to be used as a wealth redistribution tool.

Quote:
Since 51% of school kids, the freaking majority, qualify for school lunch programs, we have a problem, a huge problem in this country.
It's an invented "problem". Some bureaucrats decided that they needed to provide breakfastand lunch for kids free of charge, and they've been expanding it ever since. When I was a boy, we ate breakfast at home, and we brought or (occasionally bought) our lunch. There was never any free lunch at school. I don't remember any kids that didn't eat. It's a complete sham.

Quote:
What other ways do you think we can help these struggling families in the short term? Long term solutions are another kettle of fish altogether.
Short term and long term: Economic policies that foster business growth. What people need are jobs. We have to ween people off the government tit. We had such a program in place which was very successful. It was called "Welfare to work," a Republican plan, which Bill Clinton signed. Barrack Obama ended it. Another one of his failures.

Old 01-19-2015, 05:44 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,458,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Anyone paying 39.8% of their income to Uncle Sam needs a new accountant.

The 400 couples/ individuals reporting the highest AGI have been tracked for more than 20 years. One needs a minimum of $ 99 million to be amongst the top 400. In 2010, the most recent year of available data, the average rate paid was 18% of their earnings to Uncle Sam. More than half had effective tax rates between 10-20%. 37 of these people had effective tax rates less than 10%. LESS THAN 10%!

Capital gains represent 57% of total Income for those in this elite earner group.

Many people confuse marginal and effective tax rates. Some do so intentionally. Hannity on Fox is one of them.

Tax is owed on AGI, after deductions, credits and exemptions. The highest rate applies only to that portion of income in excess of the bracket.

The tax code favors high incomes and the working poor.
The AGI for the top 400 for 2012 was $134.277 billion compared against everyone else's $9.1 trillion.

Just for comparison purposes OASDI will cost $133 billion more than it takes in in the year 2020.

Old 01-19-2015, 06:30 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,735,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
How many of these people do you think actually paid more in taxes? They have deductions that you and I never even dream of.
What are those deductions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies