Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 08:37 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericthebean View Post
What is your view on the sovereignty of there being an Israel in the Middle East? I take it there's the Palestinian conflict, but these people in Israel do not seem
To be people who mess around one bit.

Israel is an island of rationality in a middle eastern sea of psychosis.

A tough spot to be in.

Old 01-20-2015, 08:45 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I support a swap. Let's move US liberals to Israel and Israeli conservatives to the US.
WHY should Israel get the better part of the deal?

Old 01-20-2015, 01:10 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,741,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Since their Technology is taking off maybe we can cancel foreign aide
Well since that aid needs to be spent in the US in basically one industry, how many people do you figure that are working in manufacturing in that industry will lose their jobs?

Old 01-20-2015, 06:27 PM

1,347 posts, read 954,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
I think our support for Israel, their intrusion on Arab land, and the ridiculous amount of money we give them, is absolutely appalling. They need to stand on their own, as a sovereign nation, and they must respect and support Palestine, as an equal and sovereign entity. Their continued intrusion and killing of Arabs, and our ridiculous support for such, is the primary reason for terrorism, as former President James Earl Carter correctly stated.

I don't believe in a "technology value to the USA", as a basis for blindly supporting them financially. Palestine has an equal right to exist. How absurd to think otherwise.
This post is rather idiotic and uninformed, and will be ignored as such. It is astounding in this day and age that there are people so incredibly clueless, even with the massive amount of history on the subject...

I will ask this, what sovereignty of other groups have arab muslims tolerated, ever? Have arab muslims respected the rights of any group other than themselves, anywhere, ever, in the mideast?

Old 01-20-2015, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtual Insanity View Post
Israel has no right to exist. The idea that a State has rights is ludicrous in itself, but in the words of UN General Assembly Resolution 3379: Zionism is racism.
Another clueless poster. That resolution was repealed back in the 1970s.

Quote:
A Zionist state has no right to exist anymore than an apartheid South Africa. Israel, where Palestinians are denied access to Jewish-only buses, schools, restaurants, and houses, is nothing to be proud of.
But you accept 57 muslim nations based upon sharia law, glad to see the thoughtful balance there.

Quote:
Also protected by the UN: the Palestinian right of return. The millions of Palestinian refugees who were either kicked out of Palestine in 1948 or descend from those who were kicked out have the right to go back home no matter what Israel says.
If you think so, in the real world where the rest of us exist, the arabs who call themselves "palestinians" don't get special treatment, where the definition of the word "refugee" is unique to them. The arab muslims who left in '48 did so of their own volition, and some aided and abetted the incoming arab armies. Sorry charlie, but you don't get to pick a fight, lose and still call the shots.

Quote:
In ten years, there'll be a one state solution, where Jews remain in the territory, Palestinians can return, and we'll look back at the conflict the same way we look back at South Africa.
Now the tin foil hat has been nailed on to the head.

Old 01-20-2015, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I respectfully disagree with you.

People often ask this question, "Are you pro-Israel, or Pro-Palestine"

Most seem to believe the simplistic answer to this would be to pick one side or the other. To me, this makes no sense. I think any clear thinking individuals would support the State of Israel and at the same time, would also like to see a Palestinian State.
When I'm asked that question, I respond simply with "I support Israel, and the right of the arab muslims to go back to saudi arabia."

Until the arab muslim can accept the sovereign rights of others in the mideast, and the iranian terrorist regime is wiped from the map, peace in the mideast is simply not possible.

Old 01-20-2015, 06:38 PM

2,253 posts, read 2,521,013 times
Quote:
The State of Israel was created in a legal process by the United Nations. It was not really created out of Palestinian lands, but rather out of the Ottoman Empire, which had been ruled for 400 years by the Turks who lost it when they, fighting alongside Germany, were defeated in World War I.
Yup.

Arabs / Muslims are fine when new countries and borders are re-drawn for them, but not so much for anyone else.

All 22 Arab countries were gradually invented by European colonial powers between 1921 and 1972, most of them in and around 1947, and did so by ethnically cleansing indigenous peoples. None of them existed independently before that.

Oh, and Pakistan didn't exist till 1946 either.... not an Arab country, but Islamic. Regardless of the fact that India was partitioned to create Pakistan, for self Islamic rule, there are more Muslims in India than in Pakistan.

Old 01-20-2015, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Since their Technology is taking off maybe we can cancel foreign aide
The $3 BBN US aid money is what, 2% of their GDP? They don't need it, and could make it up with arms/tech sales to asian countries in 2 weeks.

But then, the US and West would have to contend with the possibility of that tech facing them in the battlefield, some of which is the best in the world - but then again, that's a complex thought beyond the grasp of the ron paul lunatics and sycophants demanding the US end aid to Israel.

Old 01-20-2015, 06:50 PM

39,222 posts, read 27,592,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonR View Post
Are you aware of what the arab muslim countries surrounding israel are like? Lebanon is under the control of a terrorist group/foreign implant inserted by iran, syria has 200,000 dead and 5 million refugees, Egypt is a military dictatorship, and the Jordan public offers something like 70% support for terrorism.

The syrian nation, before the civil war began, not only housed the leadership of several terrorist groups, but also had overwhelming public support for terrorism, especially against Israel. Given that ethnically, the arabs who call themselves "palestinians" are identical, why exactly are you praying for them?
I am praying for peace. Both Israel people and Palestinians people are in my prayers. You have a problem with that?

Didn't I say Israel has the right to defend herself? Your fake outrage raises its ugly head. Calm down will do you some good.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 01-20-2015 at 07:04 PM..

Old 01-20-2015, 09:07 PM

Quote:
I am praying for peace. Both Israel people and Palestinians people are in my prayers. You have a problem with that?

Didn't I say Israel has the right to defend herself? Your fake outrage raises its ugly head. Calm down will do you some good.
The arabs in gaza chanting who formed a large demonstration calling for the death of the charlie hebdo writers/artists, are you praying for them?

What about the ones continuing to fire rockets into Israel? Or those digging the tunnels and repairing them as I write this, are you praying for them as well? How about the hezbollah and iranian leadership who call for the deaths of all jews worldwide, do you pray for them, and believe that they and their hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of supporters deserve anything but the most painful of deaths?

I can assure you with utmost certainty that my "fake" outrage is nothing of the kind, it is as hard as the granite and bedrock under my feet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies