Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2015, 09:18 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,721,664 times

Advertisements

So let us know what you know about the tax tables. At what minimum income are people required to pay some tax. And do you think people at that income level can afford everything that is necessary?

Also, do you think billionaires should be required to pay taxes, instead of putting their money in other countries. If you do think billionaires should be required to pay taxes, ahould they be required to pay a higher percent than those who make $30K a year? Looking forward to your response. Best wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_more_handouts View Post
The bottom 50% pays little or no taxes. These people need to start carrying their own weight and stop relying on the rest of us to pick up the slack for them. I didn't suffer through all those years of college just so I could hand over more of my money to cover their portion of the tax revenue. I'm sick of dragging all this dead weight around.

Old 07-01-2015, 09:22 PM

W@hat about people that are born with severe disabilities?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68551 View Post
I agree with you 100 percent but I don't see how anything will change when the libs keep crying for the poor instead of requiring them to work for the handouts they receive.

Old 07-01-2015, 09:27 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
LOL. wow. the nonsense.

Slowing down the RISE in wealth does not make people poorer.

And look, another argument about how you want others to pay your share. Hey since I don't want to pay for the massive military, when will you pay up the extra for me? Sorry, but it doesnt work that way. Stop it with the nonsense.

I notice all you have is complaints.....whats the solution to rising wealth inequality? You dont have a realistic one. Its just easier to throw eggs at it.
Same ole, same ole graywar, you are right, I'll never think it's ok for half of Americans to pay for the entire population, you'll support robbing one group to pay for the other. Now go write your extra check since you said you do not mind. Walk the walk for once.

Old 07-01-2015, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
The Top 1 Percent Of Americans Own Half Of The Country's Stocks, Bonds, And Mutual Funds.
The middle classes opportunity was blown by giving their money to the government instead. The people with money above their expenses were smart enough to invest "wisely".

People are not very smart as Gruber said. An example and a good laugh. Remember beanie babies? A welfare queen bought a bunch of beanie babies calling it an investment. LOL.. The Great Beanie Baby Bubble: Mass Delusion

See the waste and this is what middle class America is working hard for?

Old 07-01-2015, 09:30 PM

This happens because 0.1% of the population has most of the money. Couldn't it be that the 0.1% richest paying little if any taxes messes things up for the 99.9%? You want to squeeze money out of those who don't have it? Or what is your solution? Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68551 View Post
It would be great if that were the majority but unfortunately it is not....To me even 10 percent of the population on welfare is unacceptable
Census Bureau: Means-Tested Gov't Benefit Recipients Outnumber Full-Time Year-Round Workers

Old 07-01-2015, 09:32 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,755,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Same ole, same ole graywar, you are right, I'll never think it's ok for half of Americans to pay for the entire population, you'll support robbing one group to pay for the other. Now go write your extra check since you said you do not mind. Walk the walk for once.
Uhmmm petch751, the government robbed other groups to pay another group(rich, corporate america) now we are just trying to restore balance lol.

Old 07-01-2015, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJJG2012 View Post
W@hat about people that are born with severe disabilities?
There should always be exemptions. Unfortunately people who know how to play the system to steal our tax money will learn how to get around that too.

People who cheat the system are also stealing from the disabled too.

Old 07-01-2015, 09:37 PM

If your income is under $20K a year, it seems you shouldn't pay any taxes. I wonder if you are missing some legal deductions, or if you feel too guilty to apply for govt help? Best wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by springazure View Post
For some reason, I'm getting ultra sensitive about all these threads and postings referring to *poor* people. Maybe we need to use a different adjective to describe a certain 'group' of people.

I AM POOR! But I certainly hope you are not referring to me!

I'm 51yrs , no dependents, single, and work FT @ $9.50/hr. I don't receive any gov help of any kind! I'm not eligible for ANYTHING! Every February (tax time) I file a straight form, with no extra candy of any kind. No extra forms to fill out.

So guess what? I am paying my taxes. Last 2 yrs my income taxes averaged 21%.

I also pay taxes every time I go to the store... Sales Tax. I pay taxes every time I fuel up the car. Every time I pay my monthly utilities.... there are taxes included (that I pay).

I live alone. I don't have anybody to share monthly expenses. So you do the math. At $9.50/hr.... I am poor! Now just exactly *who* are all these threads and postings referring to?

Old 07-01-2015, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Uhmmm petch751, the government robbed other groups to pay another group(rich, corporate america) now we are just trying to restore balance lol.
Oh ok, by raising taxes on the small business owner making them pay for what big corporations did. Liberals are idiots.

Old 07-01-2015, 09:44 PM

Quote:
If you like paying taxes so much feel free to send the government a check. Make it worth more that the stamp and paper used. Graywar started a thread saying he wouldn't mind paying more and he still hasn't sent that extra check lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies