Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2015, 07:45 PM

720 posts, read 705,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
His polls are up no matter which polling place gets the numbers. So obviously NOT the worst president in American history. Saying others speaks to the ignorance of many on the right. Quit living in a echo chamber.

But polls are fickle. I doubt he can keep this up for long, all though if the Republicans keep up their attacks on the middle and lower class its possible he might.
I have made my living as a historian. I am nether Democrat or Repulican. Polls have absolutey nothing to do with a Presidents ranking in history. As time passes and the nation has to deal with the consequences of the massive over reach by this administration and struggle through the constitutional crisis this will inevability create, the blame will go to Obama and Congress for allowing such an illegal situation to occur. People in the future, looking back at this administration will wonder why there was not treason charges levied against members of this administration and some members of congress.

Old 01-19-2015, 07:46 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Paying large medical bills because one does not have health insurance takes a heck of a lot more away from "disposable income."
Agreed and those that dont have large medical bills, which is a majority of us, have a lower disposable income because of ACA.

Quote:
What else do you have?
Do you understand bailouts and how the taxpayers footed the bill?

Old 01-19-2015, 07:50 PM

1,988 posts, read 2,223,598 times
Teh poles our skewed.

Old 01-19-2015, 07:52 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,417,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistoftime View Post
I have made my living as a historian. I am nether Democrat or Repulican. Polls have absolutey nothing to do with a Presidents ranking in history. As time passes and the nation has to deal with the consequences of the massive over reach by this administration and struggle through the constitutional crisis this will inevability create, the blame will go to Obama and Congress for allowing such an illegal situation to occur. People in the future, looking back at this administration will wonder why there was not treason charges levied against members of this administration and some members of congress.
You're a historian? For who, Breitbart?

Old 01-19-2015, 07:53 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
I also think that as more info becomes available and people get a greater understand of economics and foreign policy as far as what does and doesn't work changes perceptions.

Old 01-19-2015, 07:54 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Agreed and those that dont have large medical bills, which is a majority of us, have a lower disposable income because of ACA.

Do you understand bailouts and how the taxpayers footed the bill?
You mean these bailouts that ended in a net profit of $53.8B
Total to date?

Bailout List: Banks, Auto Companies, and More | Eye on the Bailout | ProPublica

Do you have anything of substance?

Old 01-19-2015, 07:54 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Paying large medical bills because one does not have health insurance takes a heck of a lot more away from "disposable income." What else do you have?
In his mind, gambling you won't get sick and then declaring bankruptcy when you do get sick is not only favorable to paying for health insurance, it is cheaper than not having to pay for health insurance, provided you remain healthy.

It's actually a quite commonly held belief. Republicans would rather someone else pay for their health care.

Old 01-19-2015, 07:55 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Oh brother…...

Old 01-19-2015, 07:58 PM

1,264 posts, read 1,552,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Being at 50% approval despite being the worse president in American history is quite an accomplishment. It speaks to the ignorance of the American voter.
Or maybe your party is just insane when it comes to every issue, and throws out adjectives like "worst ever" without backing them up.

Old 01-19-2015, 07:59 PM

720 posts, read 705,661 times
My question is, who are these people that give a president an good approval rating after he knowingly lied to the American people about Obama Care? After Jonathon Gruber spilled the beans about how stupid American voters are. The list can go on and on, but just taking this one thing, What is wrong with people? are they, Ignorant? Dumb? uninformed? Don't care? What???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies