Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2015, 10:07 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,269,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
None of which changes the recorded statements that JFK believed the South Vietnamese should have learned to fight their own battle.
SO WHAT was JFK plan's if that didn't work which it wasn't working????? leave???

LBJ kept Robert Mcnamara (JFK guy) and his military advisers from JFK.....They were ALL war hawks....JFK picked them.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2015, 10:09 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
SO WHAT was JFK plan's if that didn't work which it wasn't working????? leave???

LBJ kept Robert Mcnamara (JFK guy) and his military advisers from JFK.....They were ALL war hawks....JFK picked them.

will you please stop, agree to disagree and stop fighting with people....b/c they don't think and feel like you do....sheeeeesh

you ruin a perfectly good thread....stop it....you can't win anything by being a bully....

Old 01-20-2015, 10:10 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
if JFK wanted South Vietnam to fight their own battles, why give the order to assassinate South Vietnam President?.....are those the actions of a war monger president or a peaceful dove President?
Who said he was either a war monger or a peaceful dove?

Quote:
Eisenhower cut the military then JFK raised it when he took office.....and you say JFK wasn't a liberal war hawk???? LMAO!!!!!
I never said what he was/wasn't so stop making things up.

I merely cited the record of him believing the South Vietnamese should be taught to fight their own battle.

Quote:
keep watching Oliver Stone's movies to get your history.
I don't believe I've ever seen one but can't believe it'd be any worse than your apparently completely biased sources.

Old 01-20-2015, 10:13 AM

Quote:
According to the POS McNamara it was working so I guess we'll never know.

Quote:
YEP! TWO big mistakes, picking McNamara and keeping the lying POS. McNamara was an idiot who believed virtually every part of humanity could be reduced to a spreadsheet and we continue to suffer the effects to this day.

Old 01-20-2015, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
will you please stop, agree to disagree and stop fighting with people....b/c they don't think and feel like you do....sheeeeesh

you ruin a perfectly good thread....stop it....you can't win anything by being a bully....

how am I being bully?....and what should I stop?.....we are debating in a forum.....if you don't like other people's views don't read and don't answer and stop being a cry baby.

Old 01-20-2015, 10:15 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times
Quote:
Who said he was either a war monger or a peaceful dove?

I never said what he was/wasn't so stop making things up.

I merely cited the record of him believing the South Vietnamese should be taught to fight their own battle.

I don't believe I've ever seen one but can't believe it'd be any worse than your apparently completely biased sources.
and you to, please just ignore him or you'll fuel the fire and they will shut down this thread...please stop....

Old 01-20-2015, 10:18 AM

Quote:
According to the POS McNamara it was working so I guess we'll never know.

YEP! TWO big mistakes, picking McNamara and keeping the lying POS. McNamara was an idiot who believed virtually every part of humanity could be reduced to a spreadsheet and we continue to suffer the effects to this day.

it was working????? you really believe that? JFK picked him and it wasn't a mistake. JFK was always a liberal war hawk. That's why JFK raised the military when Eisenhower cut it.

JFK today would be rejected by the left in the democrat party.

Old 01-20-2015, 10:19 AM

Quote:
and you to, please just ignore him or you'll fuel the fire and they will shut down this thread...please stop....
Uh, the thread's about LBJ being an evil man. Vietnam is a large part of his legacy and fits the thread title and as a lead in so do JFK's actions. Why should that cause the thread to be closed?

Old 01-20-2015, 10:20 AM

Quote:

what is your problem? why you telling people here to shut up and what they can discuss or not discuss?

we are debating with respect different opinions.....who the hell are you to tell us what we can discuss and how?

get a life!

Old 01-20-2015, 10:21 AM

Quote:
it was working????? you really believe that? JFK picked him and it wasn't a mistake. JFK was always a liberal war hawk. That's why JFK raised the military when Eisenhower cut it.
Would you PLEASE stop making stuff up! WHERE/WHEN did I EVER say I thought it was working????

And no matter what you label JFK, what do you have to refute the FACT he believed the South Vietnamese should be taught to fight their own battle?

Quote:
JFK today would be rejected by the left in the democrat party.
As Reagan today would be rejected by the Tea Party, none of which has anything to do with the topic, eh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies