Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2015, 09:50 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,441,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
LBJ had overwhelming majorities in both houses of Congress, something Kennedy never had.
The Civil Rights Act was passed by the same 88th Congress that was in session the day Kennedy died.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2015, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I believe he was an evil evil man.....whats your take

and for those of you who absolutely hate Beck, the article was written by a man named Wilson and Glenn found it
He was a crooked SOB, but the notion that most liberals just love him to death is rather silly.

Old 01-19-2015, 10:05 PM

13,281 posts, read 7,819,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Yeah, from a handful of advisors to half a million combat troops.
Your tax dollar union-busted for the Michelin Tire Company.

Nothing personal, just business.

Such was the cost for organic tires.

" . . . for driving a stolen metallic mint green 1963 Pontiac Tempest, with a white convertible top, Michelin Model XGV tires, size 75-R-14."- Sheriff Dean Farley

"In a case involving tire tread separation, a District Judge for the United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia has imposed discovery sanctions against defendant Michelin North America, Inc. for its failure to timely and properly comply with its discovery obligations."

Last edited by Hyperthetic; 01-19-2015 at 11:13 PM..

Old 01-19-2015, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Kennedy did no such thing.
Kennedy was a Ney vote in 1959 and again after he was President in 1961.
What is a Ney vote? A vote for this guy?

Senator John F. Kennedy voted against a different civil rights bill in 1957. Presidents do not cast "votes" on legislation.

As President, Kennedy proposed a new Civil Rights Act on June 11, 1963.

He is not one of my favorite presidents, to be sure, but facts are facts.

Old 01-20-2015, 03:37 AM

29,183 posts, read 22,206,470 times
Quote:
He had every motive, he was working with the Corporations that had way to much money to lose by not going to Vietnam.

Bobby Kenney was investigating him for his brothers murder, then walla, Bobby was murdered......
What makes you think the defense industry wasn't already making money by the shipload?

This notion is nuts.
Back then, there were 3 times the number of defense companies as there are now and they were all going full blast. The Cold War may have been cold, but that does not mean that it was cheap.

The reason why the Cold War ended was because Reagan stepped up the costs past the point the Soviet economy could bear. And that happened 20 years after the highest spike came in the early 60s when the B-52, the missile silos, the 2nd generation missiles and the nuclear missile submarine fleet were all in development and/or early production.
Taxpayers today wouldn't stand for the kind of spending that went on then. That was the era when defense spending waste became notorious.

Vietnam was nothing but icing on the cake in comparison to what we had already spent, and would continue to spend for the next 24 years.

Walla? Why are you mentioning an onion in all this?
Are you talking about Walla Walla sweets? If so, while I don't understand the connection, I admit they're tasty onions.

Old 01-20-2015, 04:47 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,297,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
He said the N word? Oh my! Everything he did should be repealed then.
As I said Democrats will doubtless excuse it. Johnson also supposedly did everything Nixon did in Watergate and more. Johnson even used the same CIA guy, E. Howard Hunt, do his cloak and dagger work. I read this somewhere recently, and this thread reminded me of it. Will have to look into it more.

LBJ said famously of his efforts to pass CRA 1964, "I'll have them [n-word] voting Democratic for two hundred years." The source for this quote is Robert M. MacMillan, who worked as steward on Air Force One. I will call the quote as 'not totally confirmed,' but it does jibe with his cynical race-baiting tactics during the 1964 presidential campaign.

Old 01-20-2015, 04:57 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,391,920 times
Quote:
He sent us to Vietnam...Kennedy didn't want us to go, and fought it, and the corporations had way to much money to lose, I think it was 3 days after Johnson was sworn in, we went to Vietnam...he signed the bill to go.

Lyndon Johnson was the ultimate psychopath - JFK Assassination Debate - The Education Forum

https://sadbastards.wordpress.com/20...assassination/
uhm...we were in Vietnam from 1957...

kennedy is the one who escalated it.... kennedy was afraid to look weak, from the bay of pigs

Johnson was left between a rock and a hard place.... continue the trickle in..or pull out as a failure

Nixon was also left with the tough choice...trickle in or pull out as a failure.....he tried for a few year...ended with the pull out loss

Old 01-20-2015, 06:24 AM

68,287 posts, read 54,108,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Johnson played a key role in the passage of the Civil Rights Act.

How LBJ Saved the Civil Rights Act - The Atlantic
He also mislead us into the Vietnam War because he feared tarnishing his image and appearing soft on COMMUNISM! , may he rot in his own little special circle of hell.

Old 01-20-2015, 06:25 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,806,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
Yes, he was, according to the above--more than I ever imagined. Just GROSS.

Old 01-20-2015, 06:27 AM

68,287 posts, read 54,108,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
uhm...we were in Vietnam from 1957...

kennedy is the one who escalated it.... kennedy was afraid to look weak, from the bay of pigs

Johnson was left between a rock and a hard place.... continue the trickle in..or pull out as a failure
Failure?

That we didn't belong there to begin with means there was no possibility of 'success'.

And no, Kennedy didn't send combat troops, Johnson will own that blunder for eternity.

BTW, we sent military aid to the French administration in Vietnam in 1950 and Eisenhower sent advisors in 1955.

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
Nixon was also left with the tough choice...trickle in or pull out as a failure.....he tried for a few year...ended with the pull out loss
Nixon attempted manipulating the end of the war to benefit his reelection, another POS deserving of his own special little circle of hell.

Last edited by burdell; 01-20-2015 at 06:39 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies