Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 10:32 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,585,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelCreator View Post
I mean to me he is. Putting republicans in the defensive and forcing them to either play ball or **** off a LARGE chunk of America. He is pushing for workers rights,tax breaks for middle class,raising min wage,healthcare for the poor,diplomacy over war,He is staying away from guns,abortion etc and the SC is going to settle the homosexual marriage deal...if Republicans refuse to help the middle class and WORKING PEOPLE...they could well put themselves in a deep hole come 2016...Usually working class and middle class folks vote republican..they will remember if republicans put the rich over them.
According to you, but it's really just more of what just got him and his cronies beaten in the last election.

Old 01-20-2015, 10:42 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I am sure that if Congress sends the POTUS a "clean bill" that will increase jobs, strengthen our economy, or support the middle class, Obama will sign it into law immediately.

However, something tells me that the GOP will pass a bill that attaches something totally unrelated to it such as repeal of the ACA or some other issue that will be a non-starter. Then the GOP will say, "look! Obama refuses to help the middle class!" The GOP is so predictable and transparent.
This is exactly what I expect to see from this Republican Congress. Nothing will make it to the president's desk that he will want to sign, and it will be done that way by design. The GOP will thus achieve their goal of making certain nothing gets passed while Obama is in the White House.

The difference is now they won't have the Democratic Senate to use as a scapegoat. And the electorate will see exactly what the definition of a do nothing Congress is. They'll have a great record of having accomplished nothing on which to run in 2016.

Old 01-20-2015, 11:32 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Lightbulb Obama is doing his best to make sure Democrats win in 2016

I hope I'm right in saying this...

That's politics.

Old 01-20-2015, 11:49 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
He is just pushing his failed policies that have destroyed much of the middle class by putting more people on transferred wealth instead of earned wealth with added GDP. The bottom is always the bottom no matter the amount as far as wealth goes.When you have fewer and fewer creating national wealth that is the end by the means.

Old 01-20-2015, 11:59 AM

211 posts, read 164,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
According to you, but it's really just more of what just got him and his cronies beaten in the last election.
You think if Republicans don't back help for the middle class,paid leave for sick or pregnant folks,raising min wage that voters that want these things will back them next year? I don't. Especially the paid sick leave thing because that ONLY harms workers if its not passed.

Old 01-20-2015, 12:09 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I'm telling you...the Republicans are gonna have a rough 2 years coming up without having a veto proof majority. And they can't politically withstand a reputation as a do nothing congress. They've GOT to pass something that Obama will sign.

That's why I like Republicans taking the Senate back...so long as they don't have enough people to override a veto.
The fun fact will be watching right wingers try to figure out who to blame in the Senate when bills continue to be stalled for not having a filibuster proof majority. It was easy for them to blame Reid for stalling all those bills, but now they can't do that without looking like hypocrites that don't hold their own party accountable.

Old 01-20-2015, 03:14 PM

52,688 posts, read 47,955,803 times
Quote:
I mean to me he is. Putting republicans in the defensive and forcing them to either play ball or **** off a LARGE chunk of America. He is pushing for workers rights,tax breaks for middle class,raising min wage,healthcare for the poor,diplomacy over war,He is staying away from guns,abortion etc and the SC is going to settle the homosexual marriage deal...if Republicans refuse to help the middle class and WORKING PEOPLE...they could well put themselves in a deep hole come 2016...Usually working class and middle class folks vote republican..they will remember if republicans put the rich over them.
Not really. He just wants to raise more taxes. Remember, a lot of us voted against his policies in November, as they were practically on the ballot.

Old 01-20-2015, 03:15 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,863 times
Quote:
President Obama aside, I think the Democrats are going to win big(win presidency, regain control of Senate, pick up seats in the House, pick up stares as Governor), but that will mostly be due to voter turnout.

Probably 40-50million more people will vote in 2016 than in 2014.

Old 01-20-2015, 03:30 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,408,962 times
Quote:
You are right about one thing: Obama has put partisan politics ahead of actually governing.

Old 01-20-2015, 03:47 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:
Oh and I forgot he is trying to help young folks and old alike in helping get an education as long as you work for it...
His plan will really be a critical part of our return to prosperity. It essentially cuts the costs of a college education in half for any person ambitious enough to attend college, and will leave an entire generation of new engineers, educators, doctors, artisans and business people without a crushing debt that has to be paid off before they can finally become financially secure and successful.

There are always more good students than there are scholarships. His plan allows all of them to make the best of their lives with an early start. It will also enable all the adults who have yearned for more education all their lives to finally achieve their dream as well.

The timing couldn't be better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies