Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 06:27 PM

19,758 posts, read 22,666,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I do believe this is worth noting, from your article: As with many urban legends, there are grains of truth in this one. Many French Muslims live in tough, isolated neighborhoods and have faced discrimination in housing and employment. Sometimes, police are afraid to respond to calls from dangerous neighborhoods in France and elsewhere. A few years ago, an Islamist group in Britain demanded that the government establish autonomous sharia-governed zones in some cities. The government swiftly outlawed the group, and it hasn't been heard from since.

The next stop for the no-go legend could be the U.S. "This is actually a strategy that is slowly being implemented worldwide by radical Islam," Harry Houck, identified as a private investigator and retired New York City police detective, told conservative news website Newsmax on Tuesday.
Oh sure no doubt there are concentrations of Muslims, just as there are in the U.S., and I'm sure there are a few bad apples in there, just as in the U.S. but hardly worthy the tale of a 'no-go zone' and the 'Islamification of France or Britain'.

It was certainly latched on to by Fox news, Jindal and further embellished for the gratification of their listening audience that laps this blather up like drooling dogs waiting for their supper. It is funny how Fox backed off, Jindal's lips are getting tighter, supporting commentators recanted their stories and yet still their loyal fan base clings to it. It tells you something.

I find it ironic when I hear the label 'leftie sheeple', yet the right wing flock is certainly more easily swayed by such nonsense, even AFTER it was labelled "Ooops.. our bad".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2015, 06:45 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Birmingham England is now Muslim? that makes me sad that the same city that gave us Black Sabbath and Duran Duran (and countless other Rock and Roll bands)is now Islamic.
You can cheer up now. Birmingham has not been taken over by muslims.

Is Birmingham a Muslim city? Check #FoxNewsFacts for the evidence | Public Radio International
Birmingham laughs off Fox News commentator

Old 01-20-2015, 07:12 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,532,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreutz View Post
Islamist apologists and liberals can lie about them all they want but they're real.

Hell, type in "uk no" into google and "uk no go zones" is the third suggested search with 35.3 million hits.

Clearly just the stuff of fantasy right?
I typed in "uk unicorns" and got 2.3 million hits.
Then I typed in "uk vampires" and got 8 million hits, many of which were articles reporting on real-life vampires living in the UK.

Old 01-20-2015, 08:45 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Birmingham England is now Muslim? that makes me sad that the same city that gave us Black Sabbath and Duran Duran (and countless other Rock and Roll bands)is now Islamic.
About 25% Muslim, not the " totally Muslim" as was reported by the Terrorism Expert on Fox. He later appologised for this mistake.

Old 01-20-2015, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Well ok how bout we read it from the Man himself.

The 751 No-Go Zones of France :: Daniel Pipes

Again FOX and Jindal didnt start the whole No Go Zone issue.

I have first hand knowledge of these no go zones from a family of Sikhs that moved out of London several years ago because of the "No Go zone" issues and the horrible radicalization of young Muslim boys and men.
Pipes has since admitted he was mistaken.

Old 01-20-2015, 08:50 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Neither are sleeper cells in the United States....

It has to be true......a SENIOR leader in the dem party said so.....

Dianne Feinstein: Terrorist sleeper cells are in the U.S. - Washington Times
SMH, I just don't understand how most posters can't see the insanity of conservatives.

I respond to the completely utterly fantasyland no go zone nonsense of Bobby Jindal and conservatives. It is such a lie that Fox News was forced to admit it was a huge lie.

Yet this fact relates to Sleeper cells in America in the mind of conservatives.

Again SMH. conservatives are drifting further and further away from reality.

Last edited by Iamme73; 01-20-2015 at 09:16 PM..

Old 01-20-2015, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
I typed in "uk unicorns" and got 2.3 million hits.
Then I typed in "uk vampires" and got 8 million hits, many of which were articles reporting on real-life vampires living in the UK.
But do these unicorns and vamps live in No Go Zones?

I DK bout the pesky unicorns but the vamps are a Welcoming Community, after sun down.

Old 01-20-2015, 09:18 PM

1,347 posts, read 954,397 times
European 'No-Go' Zones: Fact or Fiction?

Swedish police: 55 official no-go zones | THE SWEDEN REPORT

Trying to attack those raising the issue, and propagandizing against the facts, will only embarrass those on the wrong side of reality.

Old 01-20-2015, 09:22 PM

1,632 posts, read 1,850,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
No but Luton has .

Old 01-20-2015, 10:04 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Oh sure no doubt there are concentrations of Muslims, just as there are in the U.S., and I'm sure there are a few bad apples in there, just as in the U.S. but hardly worthy the tale of a 'no-go zone' and the 'Islamification of France or Britain'.

It was certainly latched on to by Fox news, Jindal and further embellished for the gratification of their listening audience that laps this blather up like drooling dogs waiting for their supper. It is funny how Fox backed off, Jindal's lips are getting tighter, supporting commentators recanted their stories and yet still their loyal fan base clings to it. It tells you something.

I find it ironic when I hear the label 'leftie sheeple', yet the right wing flock is certainly more easily swayed by such nonsense, even AFTER it was labelled "Ooops.. our bad".
I will give you this and I have to say America has plenty of "no go zones" that have nothing to do with Muslims.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies